View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Which Vikings? 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Which Vikings?
Going in to this week, we have to ask ourselves on questions: Which Vikings team will we face this week? Will it be

a) The Mega-Killers from last season who wasted teams on both sides of the ball?

or

b) The Uncle Fluffy led middle-schoolers that played the Saints at half speed last Thursday?

If it's a, we loose. If it's b, we will kill em (could literally take one of them out)I hope a week is not enough to get their act together. Come on Uncle Fluffy!

Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:54 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Which Vikings?
If our offense shows up.. and our Defense plays like they did against Buffalo. We win..

If we get the same team we had against Buffalo. Offense and Defense. We will lose. We need our offense to generate at least 22 points a game.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:08 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

If our Defense flies around the ball like they did against the Bills and we open up even more of our playbook, we'll handle their offense. We've taken care of Brett before and they don't have Rice. Obviously, AP will have his yards (especially without Odrick?) but our D can handle them, seeing from last week.

Of course, our offense needs to score points. We have the ability to, it's just time to execute. Henne needs to have a bigger game, but keeping the INT total at 0.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We've already played a tough road game against a divisional opponent, I don't think Minnesota's home field advantage is any greater than Buffalo's. So what's the X factor this week? I think it's whether we are able to run the football on the Vikings. If Ricky & Ronnie can get things going I expect another tough fought win this week. I don't expect Henne and the offense to go from a D+ performance like we had in Buffalo to an A+ this week. Henne just needs to come in, not turn the ball over, and manage the game well enough to win. When you're playing on the road against a tough team like the Vikings, just getting the win is the most important thing.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Saints are a very good football team. I wouldn't say that losing to them 14-9 is playing like Uncle Fluffy. Minnesota's defense line is the best in football, and unless Miami can at the very least slow down that pass rush and the penetration, it will be a long day for us fans.

Miami's defense should play pretty well, but if Camarillo catches 2 td's against us you all owe me 10 bucks for doubting.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Vikings lost to the Saints the same way the Bills lost to us. The score was close, but the Saints owned that game. The entire Vikings team was playing slow. Like High School slow, hence the Uncle Fluffy. If they show up for real this week, dear lord. If we show up for real this week, and not play down, we can take these purple people fluffers.

The run game is not going to win this one for us though. We're going to have to toss a few. Good week for Fasano I bet. Err... I hope.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:59 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

The key to this game is Brett Farve. And you rarely see him have two bad games in a row. You can debate about his receivers all you want, but he usually finds away to get it done.

Our talent is getting better but in no way matches the Vikings. This game is all Farve's arm. Or shoud I say pride. Because if I were the Vikings I would run peterson to death, but you know at some point Farve will take over and try to win the game with his arm. We can only hope he has one of his imfamous brain fart moments.

And before someone throws that last Jets game he played against us at me, remember the first one...which was classic Farve.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

To beat the Vikings....

- shut down Adrian Petersen....a very tall order.
- Once that is done, knock Favre on his butt early and often. The old man doesn't like getting hit. He gets erratic in those
situations and then the turnovers start to flow.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]