View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 Crowder to IR? 
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post Crowder to IR?
Quote:
Veteran outside linebacker Adalius Thomas worked out Tuesday for the Miami Dolphins, who are considering signing the two-time Pro Bowler, a source said.

Should Thomas sign here, the Sun Sentinel is told, the Dolphins are considering placing inside linebacker Channing Crowder on injured reserve with a groin injury that has kept him from practicing or playing since Aug. 17.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 6671.story

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:37 am
Profile YIM
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Post Re: Crowder to IR?
Another rash decision by the braintrust. Crowder would be nice to have down the stretch. Apparently he's made their list.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:39 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

NFLJunkie wrote:
Another rash decision by the braintrust. Crowder would be nice to have down the stretch. Apparently he's made their list.

He's injury prone and a mediocre player...

Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:51 am

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Really, has he even been missed?

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:54 am
Profile YIM
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Not for nothing but our LB play in the middle of the field has been much better this year, I know its only one real game, but Crowder wasnt there...

I was hoping to see him have a better season due to Dansby being here, but if he cant play he cant play...

Why everyone thinks its a rash decision to place and injured player who cant play on the IR is beyond me...

Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:59 am
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Yeah that's why the the opposing YPC went up a full yard per carry when he was hurt last year. He is injury prone which will put him in the doghouse.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:16 am
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

10acjed wrote:
Not for nothing but our LB play in the middle of the field has been much better this year, I know its only one real game, but Crowder wasnt there...

I was hoping to see him have a better season due to Dansby being here, but if he cant play he cant play...

Why everyone thinks its a rash decision to place and injured player who cant play on the IR is beyond me...

I'm comfortable with the guys who played well last week but we're in week 2. A lot can happen and the PUP would be a better place. IR is an in your face response...the kind we saw with Will Allen

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:18 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

NFLJunkie wrote:
I'm comfortable with the guys who played well last week but we're in week 2. A lot can happen and the PUP would be a better place. IR is an in your face response...the kind we saw with Will Allen

Can you replace a PUP player by adding another to the roster?

Im not sure of all the rules with roster changes, I thought the reason they go to IR is to be able to fill the spot, but they have to be out 6 games or something?

I havent read too much into it...

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:28 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Yeah that's why the the opposing YPC went up a full yard per carry when he was hurt last year. He is injury prone which will put him in the doghouse.

Opposing YPC went up when Ferguson went down....

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:40 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Who's Crowder? Oh that guy...the one that gets smoked covering TEs and the one that takes bad angles when he tackles or is it the one that has had only 1 pick in his career? He is nothing special, our D played better Sunday than I've seen in a long time. Bills or not, the team balled SUnday and they beat us last year in Buff.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:12 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
Who's Crowder? Oh that guy...the one that gets smoked covering TEs and the one that takes bad angles when he tackles or is it the one that has had only 1 pick in his career? He is nothing special, our D played better Sunday than I've seen in a long time. Bills or not, the team balled SUnday and they beat us last year in Buff.

I saw more issues with Ayodele in cover last year, its kinda why I wanted to see Crowder play with Dansby next to him..
People seem to put Crowder on some pedestal for whatever reason..
He is an average ILB, nothing more nothing less. If he isnt healthy he is a below average ILB and borderline liability...

Its just business, nothing personal...
I do know of a certain OLB/DE we let walk that may have came in handy right about now... :fart:

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:07 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Everyone is very critical of players unless they are great. Crowder isn't a guy that you want hurt. He helps the team, believe it or not. Has he made his mistakes? Yes, but how many of us have said that having Dansby next to him would help him be able to focus on making tackles...which he does well.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:40 pm

Iowafin wrote:
Everyone is very critical of players unless they are great. Crowder isn't a guy that you want hurt. He helps the team, believe it or not. Has he made his mistakes? Yes, but how many of us have said that having Dansby next to him would help him be able to focus on making tackles...which he does well.

Crowder isn't great. He's not even good. He's injured every year, so what does he bring to the team? The need to have good backups?

And even when healthy, he takes poor angles, overpursues, doesn't play with any discipline, and makes few if any impact plays.

His days are numbered.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:47 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Crowder isn't great. He's not even good. He's injured every year, so what does he bring to the team? The need to have good backups?

And even when healthy, he takes poor angles, overpursues, doesn't play with any discipline, and makes few if any impact plays.

His days are numbered.

I was shocked that he was the only surviving LB from '09

Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:30 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Hen wrote:
Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Really, has he even been missed?

He was last season when he was out.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I was hoping to see Crowder line up with Dansby, but it looks like we're not going to see that. He has the aggressiveness that Nolan likes, but his instincts are lacking. I still think he's our second best ILBer, but what good is he if he can't line up? He seems to be injury prone lately, and this is what I expected when we drafted him as he was injury prone at Florida.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

All..hail...the...brain...trust...they...can....do...no....wrong.....all....hail....the...brain...trust... :awe:

Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:28 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

His days are numbered.

I couldn't agree more... and I used to be a huge Crowder apologist. When Dansby got that sack on Sunday, the first thing I thought of was, "Man, it's nice to have a middle linebacker who makes plays."

If Crowder does go on IR, I wouldn't mind signing Adalius. He has plenty of experience in this defense and would not be counted on to be the best linebacker on the team. I also wouldn't mind seeing Micah Johnson get moved back to the active roster.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:19 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

How's Adalius Thomas going to fill our ILB void? Would we just play Dobbins and Carpenter and rotate Thomas in with the OLBs?

Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:43 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

actually i ithink Thomas is insurance for alama Francis and koa misi. if crowder goes ir, ithink johnson comes back

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:58 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

had the feeling crowder was done for the year in preseason ,
just cut the guy ,imo he wasnt getting resigned next year anyway
thomas is washed up imo , would have been better to bring anderson back but now he has signed for chiefs

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:49 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

If they do put him on the IR it is more to send a message to the rest of the team that nagging injuries are not going to keep you from playing and playing at a high level or you will be cut or put on IR.

I like Crowder but if he can't stay healthy, it is hard to disagree.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:00 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

His days are numbered.

I'm with you Rich, Crowder's days in Miami could be numbered. I think if the combination of Carpenter and Dobbins proves to be enough this week against Minnesota, then Crowder will likely be moved to IR or possibly traded if we can find someone who's willing to give up a player/pick for him.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]