View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Ricky Williams Laments the Loss of Greg Camarillo 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Ricky Williams Laments the Loss of Greg Camarillo
He's gone, so, we just have to deal with that. The bottom line is that with Brian Hartline and and Davone Bess on the team, Camarillo didn't add anything that they can do.

Quote:
Ricky Williams Laments the Loss of Greg Camarillo

Count Ricky Williams among those who admire the skills and abilities of new Vikings receiver Greg Camarillo. Ricky should know too – he played with Camarillo for three years on the Dolphins, before Camarillo was traded this preseason for cornerback Benny Sapp.

In a conference call Wednesday afternoon with reporters, Williams spoke about the blow the Dolphins received when Camarillo was dealt.

“It really hurt a lot of us to see him leave,” Ricky said. “He’s money.”

The “money” remark is a reference to Camarillo’s hands, which are among the surest in the league. Camarillo also has a reputation as a gritty competitor and a fast learner. The latter skill will come in handy as he tries to pick up the Vikings’ offense on the fly. Last Thursday, his lack of familiarity with the system limited him to only 7 snaps, a situation Camarillo anticipated after struggling all week in practice.

“In the preseason, you can pick up the offense real easy because it’s just vanilla, basic offense,” the receiver explained. “Once you start getting into the season, you start getting more complex. That made it a little more difficult. I didn’t do as well in practice. I didn’t know what to expect going into the game but it wasn’t unexpected.”

With another week of practice under his belt, Camarillo figures to see an expanded role this Sunday against the Dolphins. As you would expect from someone with a reputation for competitiveness, Camarillo is itching to take the field against the team that traded him away.

“What more could you ask for?” he said. “From the minute I got traded, I’ve been thinking about this. It’s Week 2. It’s so early, it’s great. Last week how the whole team felt about the Saints and wanting to get their second swing at them, that’s how I feel about the Dolphins. It’s all my friends. No ill will toward the team, but I want to come out there and kick their tail.”

http://thevikingage.com/2010/09/15/rick ... camarillo/

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:52 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Ricky Williams Laments the Loss of Greg Camarillo
we're doomed lol

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:55 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

ESPN wrote:
Wednesday, I asked Favre if he had bought into Camarillo's reputation as a sure-handed receiver and if it had influenced his trust factor.

"I had heard that," Favre said, "[but] you still have to see it for yourself. It makes you wonder why they traded him. I do think he is everything that they said he would be and then some. We're only going off of ... I think he had one catch last week and I think four or five with me against Seattle [in the preseason]. He runs very good routes. Seems to have great hands. Very knowledgeable of the game. Runs good routes. So once again, I think he's everything that they said he was, and then some. But you still have to ... how does he fit in with us? And get on the same page in a short amount of time is always the trick."

That remains the case for the entire Vikings offense. But on a relative scale, I'm guessing Favre and Camarillo will be up to speed quickly.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... llo-factor

Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:59 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Brett Favre wrote:
It makes you wonder why they traded him.

According to most, he's "not that good." Come Sunday, we'll regret this hardcore.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:00 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Perhaps Sapp will be the one to get revenge on his former team. There is a good chance Sapp lines up against Camarillo a few times on Sunday, that should be a fun matchup to keep an eye on.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:37 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin wrote:
Brett Favre wrote:

According to most, he's "not that good." Come Sunday, we'll regret this hardcore.

Yeah. Cause 4th receivers who have just moved to an entirely new team with an entirely new offense kill the opposition all the time.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

yOu never know, he may match last seasin's entire TD total

Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:11 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

eleaf wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Brett Favre wrote:

Yeah. Cause 4th receivers who have just moved to an entirely new team with an entirely new offense kill the opposition all the time.

You hit the nail on the head ELEAF. Camarillo was our #4 wideout on the depth chart. He had one solid season, then he got hurt midway through another solid season. Camarillo never really had a breakout season. He wasn't blowing our corners out of the water in practice, he wasn't tearing teams up in the preseason this year. The sad truth for Camarillo is that we drafted Hartline for a reason. Hartline is someone who is younger, faster, and that our staff thinks has more talent overall. Lets just call Camarillo what he is, a solid #3 or #4 receiver. Once the injured players come back for the Vikings, Camarillo will slide back and his playing time will be significantly reduced.
I will love the guy forever for what he did against the Ravens a couple of years ago, but I agree with our team's decision to trade him. Sapp is a player that we needed when we decided to scrap Will Allen for the season. We are much thinner at the cornerback position than we are at wideout. Sapp will see much more playing time this season than Camarillo would have.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The team needs to go after Favre early....hit him hard, hit him often....just hit him. After that, he will start making bad throws and running out of the pocket where he can be hit again. That should minimize his chances of completing passes to Camarillo, or any of his real targets like Siancoe....now....if we can only stop Adrian Petersen....

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:53 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

I sincerely hope I don't have to come on here Monday and serve up a big, fat cup of I told you so. :embarrassed:

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]