Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Post subject: Preston Williams to IR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:11 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Well dang. Out at least 3 games.

Pro Football Talk wrote:
It’s not clear exactly how Dolphins wide receiver Preston Williams was injured in last Sunday’s win over the Cardinals, but we know he is going to be missing for a while.

Dolphins head coach Brian Flores said earlier this week that Williams was day-to-day with a foot injury, but said on Wednesday that Williams will be going on injured reserve.

“More significant than we thought,” Flores said, via Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald.

Williams will miss at least three games as a result of the move and Flores declined to give a timeline on when the team expects him back.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ams-on-ir/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:07 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Does this mean he is out for the year?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:27 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Very bad.....Parker has been hurt all year too. Too bad they let Ford go. At least he could catch.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:09 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

What is the big admiration for Ford? Preston and Parker can not be relied on.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:55 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Ouch! That hurts!

I think the WR position need to be looked at in the off season. I like Preston a lot, but he has been injury prone his first 2 seasons. Parker is just too inconsistent. There are times when he looks great, and other times where he is missing. I agree he has a lot of talent, but we are not seeing that in every game.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:58 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

The Fish Baron wrote:
Ouch! That hurts!

I think the WR position need to be looked at in the off season. I like Preston a lot, but he has been injury prone his first 2 seasons. Parker is just too inconsistent. There are times when he looks great, and other times where he is missing. I agree he has a lot of talent, but we are not seeing that in every game.

I agree with this.

It's time to find some explosive weapons to surround Tua with. Defense is starting to look "solid" enough. It's time to find some home run hitters.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:21 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Lyn Bowden Jr returned to practice today after quarantine. He'll get some opportunities.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:24 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Makchell wrote:
What is the big admiration for Ford?

He got open and consistently caught what was thrown to him. Neither were Williams' specialties.

Not every receiver is flashy. If there is such a thing as a lunch pale WR it was Ford and right now he could have been a safety valve for Tua. Teams are going to try and take away Parker and Gesicki. Grant's production is spotty and Mack Hollins is a wild card.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:03 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

We desperately need to find that reliable guy who can move the chains. Welker, D.Bess, Landry. Presumably we have a few rookies who could fill they role, but they are running out of time to provide it this year. Calloway has a very high ceiling, but his floor is ground-level. Plus, from what I remember with the Browns, he was more of a deep threat, not a possession guy. Of course, we need one of those as well. Either way, he has more experience than the rookies, and he may be our best chance on the roster for someone who can help this year.

I admire Parker fighting hard through these nagging injuries, but he's just not himself right now. We aren't seeing the explosion, quickness, and big plays that he gave us last year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:11 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Rich wrote:
Does this mean he is out for the year?

Travis Wingfield said yesterday it means he can come back after 3 weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:00 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

prof123 wrote:
We desperately need to find that reliable guy who can move the chains. Welker, D.Bess, Landry.

Landry would’ve been a tailor made match for Tua. Rollouts & YAC slants all afternoon.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:18 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

While Landry may have been a pain, he was probably our best WR since Wes Welker. He is really good.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:01 pm 
2020 Phinfever T-Rock FFL Champ
2020 Phinfever T-Rock FFL Champ

Landry would have cost us a fortune to keep. Aside from all the boneheaded penalties. I have a sneaking suspicion the Landry and Coach Flo wouldn't exactly mess together.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:48 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phinsforever wrote:
Landry would have cost us a fortune to keep. Aside from all the boneheaded penalties. I have a sneaking suspicion the Landry and Coach Flo wouldn't exactly mess together.

Bess has fallen on some apparently, really rough times since Miami years ago...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:39 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Jakeem Grant and Malcolm Perry picked up the load quite well. WR is probably the last position I would address in either draft or FA. Unless there is an absolute beast available like Julio type or something, spend those picks elsewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:02 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Any more updates on Preston Williams?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:32 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Ski_Money wrote:
Jakeem Grant and Malcolm Perry picked up the load quite well. WR is probably the last position I would address in either draft or FA. Unless there is an absolute beast available like Julio type or something, spend those picks elsewhere.

I think either Calloway or Perry is going to need to show something pretty special in the next two months in order for the Dolphins not to select a WR in the first two rounds next year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:37 pm 

Wide receiver is a must. We need to draft a guy that makes Devante Parker and/or Preston Williams clear #2 guys.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:18 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Wide receiver is a must. We need to draft a guy that makes Devante Parker and/or Preston Williams clear #2 guys.

I love that thought, and those are the kind of decisions that win Super Bowls. I would be shocked if the Dolphins do not draft a WR in the first round.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:19 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Rich wrote:

What is the situation with Albert Wilson? Since he didn't play, this year, was his contract extended a year? He should at least have had time to get completely healthy this year, anyway. We could use him in the slot. However, we need a WR larger than Grant who is a deep threat.

I am fine with Parker as our "#1" if we have a couple others who are just as good as him. Williams could be one and a new draft pick could be another. Assuming Parker is healthy. Big if.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:17 pm 

It seems to me that Parker's figured out how to play through the injuries. Williams on the other hand...

WRs are notoriously oft-injured. Julio Jones. AJ Green. Most of them; even the really good ones, struggle to stay healthy. I guess it's all the soft tissue problems that go with the kind of physical demands that a WR faces.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:04 am 

k-dash wrote:
It seems to me that Parker's figured out how to play through the injuries.

He has figured out how to "play", but how to be productive? Not at the level he should be.

Every position plays through injuries.

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]