All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:18 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Enjoy it, guys. While I think we are being built into a playoff contender for years, you never know when crap happens and the wheels come off.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
▪ The last time the Dolphins were 6-3, it was 2001 and Gailey was also the team’s offensive coordinator. Jay Fiedler, Lamar Smith and Chris Chambers were among the top offensive players on that team.

“That was a strong [group], tough football players,” Gailey said Tuesday. “But you had to be. It was more let’s-run-it-down-your-throat mentality [back then]. Now it’s let’s spread it out and throw it around the park. Jay did a great job. Those two years were fun.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:26 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We pulled one out with a couple key pieces missing. I'll tell you what I didn't miss Preston Williams at all. Between Grant and Perry the whole offensive dynamic changed from big brawly WRs to quick shifty ones. Would like to see those guys get more involved even when Williams returns.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:19 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

I agree, the shift to quick twitch receivers seems to be more in line with Tua's strengths anyways. There are times when Chan's playcalling drives me nuts but he did makes some smart, creative, innovative calls in the game this week. I hope he keeps that up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:49 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ski_Money wrote:
We pulled one out with a couple key pieces missing. I'll tell you what I didn't miss Preston Williams at all. Between Grant and Perry the whole offensive dynamic changed from big brawly WRs to quick shifty ones. Would like to see those guys get more involved even when Williams returns.

Watching Grant tear the field up & put these big defenders on ice skates is hilarious to watch.

Kinda like Sproles.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:25 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

Watching Grant tear the field up & put these big defenders on ice skates is hilarious to watch.

Kinda like Sproles.

He is fun to watch when he is hot, but he is one NFL hit away from IR with that frame.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]