All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:50 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

What an impressive free agent signing as he helps everyone with his presence on the field, and he's stayed healthy this year.

FOX Sports wrote:
Five veteran newcomers start for coach Brian Flores’ defense, and none has made a bigger impact than Ogbah, who signed a $15 million, two-year deal in March that now looks like a bargain for the Dolphins.

Ogbah’s job title is end, but he’s used in a variety of ways on a defense that has thrived through its unpredictability.

“He has shown ability to be multiple, and we can move him around,” defensive coordinator Josh Boyer said. “He does a lot of things for us. He can set the edge, he can handle double-teams, he can rush the passer, he can rush the passer individually, he can do it with stunts. There are a lot of things he does for us that probably don’t get noticed.”

Ten Dolphins have at least one sack this year, in part because foes are focused on Ogbah, as cornerback Nik Needham noted after sacking the Chargers’ Justin Herbert last week.

“When I came off the edge, the running back had his eyes locked on Ogbah,” Needham said. “That freed me up off the edge, and Herbert ran right up to me. He’s a dominant force out there for sure.”

https://www.foxsports.com/florida/story ... rge-111820

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:00 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

I would argue that when Xavien Howard and Byron Jones play well, that fuels the Dolphins defense. Of course you need a disruptor like Ogbah for it to work upfront.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]