All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:40 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

A hell of a quote, if he spoke this straight ad-lib? Wow, very articulate if so.

Quote:
▪ Mike Shula, son of deceased Dolphins legend Don Shula, is Denver’s quarterbacks coach, and Flores told Broncos writers this week that: “The legacy [Don Shula] left is still a part of this team. His pictures are all over the building. Obviously with him passing this year, he’s on our minds. We want to try to play some of that same tough, physical, smart football that the teams he coached played. I don’t think Mike would want it any different.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:09 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Wow. We may finally have found the coach who can carry the torch that The Don has held out for a credible coach to carry. So far, none have been that guy ... and that includes Jimmah Johnson.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:17 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
So far, none have been that guy ... and that includes Jimmah Johnson.

I was excited when we hired Jimmy. But then he dissed the Don and handcuffed Marino. It could have been so different because he did build a very good defense.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:41 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Yeah, the Jimmy beginning was up there for me as a Fins fan, I was so sure he was going to get the team off that perennial good but not good enough treadmill Shula had the team on and turn them into perennial winners. But his motivation as it turned out was fraudulent. He handled the thing as if he was a mercenary: come in, replace a second living legend (Tom Landry the first), turn the team around quickly, and prove to the world, especially to Jerry Jones and Shula, how much greater he was. Then he would get out on top. But the Jax game shamed him and that was end for him.

I am surprised he has grown to be such an important person in football circles having shown he was a quitter, that he would get out when the kitchen got hot. That goes against all beliefs in the sporting world. But at least Shula got his payback.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:46 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

carreramia wrote:
That goes against all beliefs in the sporting world. But at least Shula got his payback.

Aha! You expect the modern media to have any standards? If Hernandez survived prison it would only be a matter of time before he caught a gig with ESPN.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]