All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:47 pm 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

What a sobering game this was. From start to finish.
The only positive play I can recall was X’s INT.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:51 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Game isn't over yet, Cooter. But, the Dolphins must have left their run defense and pass blocking in Miami. Terrible job on both areas of this team.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:07 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Well, that wasn't a surprise ending.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:14 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Ugh. That was a big setback for all the enthusiasm. Maybe it's a wake up call to the team, or maybe it's just exposing that we aren't as good as we thought we were. On to the Jets and then the Burrows-less Bengals. That should put us at 8-4 going into the last quarter. Not what we were hoping but still better than we thought we'd be seeing at the start of the season.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:19 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I told ya this defense was screwed when a team committed to the run. Phins still can’t handle run defense.

The real surprise was the putrid performance from Tua. He held the ball too long, missed wide open throws and his accuracy was way off. Once they rang his bell, he was done. I would have yanked him at halftime.

The OC needs to commit to running the ball and dink and dunk passing if Tua is going to survive and yes, win more games.

Two wins await if the team actually is prepared to play. They looked flat today and Flores seemed unable to find an answer to the Broncos running game. That could pot us at 8-4. Problem is, I see 4 very probable losses after that. This team can not beat the Chiefs or Bills and the Raiders will be tough. Bellicheat will have his running game ready again....he knew how to beat us in week 1. It took the rest of the league a long time to see the light and run it down the Phins throat.

I think we might go 9-7. It is improvement....but is Tua the guy? He looked very pedestrian today. One sharp TD pass....and that was after a penalty bailed him out of an INT.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:44 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Phinished wrote:
..but is Tua the guy? He looked very pedestrian today. One sharp TD pass....and that was after a penalty bailed him out of an INT.

I guess we needed a game where a dose of reality was dealt to the Miami defense and the offense would then be forced to carry the load for a change....this was the game and the offense failed miserably.

But I wouldn't put it all on Tua, not yet. The Broncos D was prepared and fed him nothing but confusion and tentativeness. It was bound to happen and I rather it happen now with six weeks left in year one to help evaluate it. Seeing how Tua rebounds from this will go a long way to clarify his long term outlook here but not today, not after one game. Having said that we all know he needs help at WR, at RB and an o-line that is still learning to play together. And we can add the coaching staff on offense to the list as I wish I would have seen some evidence that they could help turn the tide on offense. None was forthcoming as the three and outs became the norm of the day. And they better not make a change back to Fitz just for an imaginary chance at the playoffs. That would not be in any way in the best interests of the franchise long term.

So, as someone has been heard to say when pressed to harp on past failures, we are on to the Jets.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:47 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

carreramia wrote:
Phinished wrote:
..but is Tua the guy? He looked very pedestrian today. One sharp TD pass....and that was after a penalty bailed him out of an INT.

I guess we needed a game where a dose of reality was dealt to the Miami defense and the offense would then be forced to carry the load for a change....this was the game and the offense failed miserably.

But I wouldn't put it all on Tua, not yet. The Broncos D was prepared and fed him nothing but confusion and tentativeness. It was bound to happen and I rather it happen now with six weeks left in year one to help evaluate it. Seeing how Tua rebounds from this will go a long way to clarify his long term outlook here but not today, not after one game. Having said that we all know he needs help at WR, at RB and an o-line that is still learning to play together. And we can add the coaching staff on offense to the list as I wish I would have seen some evidence that they could help turn the tide on offense. None was forthcoming as the three and outs became the norm of the day. And they better not make a change back to Fitz just for an imaginary chance at the playoffs. That would not be in any way in the best interests of the franchise long term.

So, as someone has been heard to say when pressed to harp on past failures, we are on to the Jets.

If the team that played Denver today plays that way against the Jets, they will lose. The Jets D can likely force the Phins to pass...and I suspect they now know how to beat our defense by running the ball. Luckily, they stink all around....but they recently scored 28 points against the Chargers and 27 against the Pats. Tua’s play today was very disappointing. The coaching staff also really did not help him by dialing up too many pass plays early. The team needs to commit to running the ball more. Today....38 pass attempts vice only 14 running back carries. Ahmed averaged 3.6 a carry....he needs to get the ball more. He is also a capable receiver.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:12 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Phinished wrote:
If the team that played Denver today plays that way against the Jets, they will lose.

And if that happens and Tua plays well, I won't mind. Herbert has been lighting it up while losing, and they KNOW they have something with him. We still don't have that same feeling here, win or lose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:31 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We've seen enough from Tua to know we have something with him. Bad game.......it happens. Rodgers had a horrible game against the Bucs. Brady had a horrible game against the Saints.....and on and on.

I like the way Tua handled himself in the post game interview. No Cam Newton here.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:29 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Its a game they should have won but its not surprising they lost. Every lays an egg at some point.

Lets see how they bounce back.

Tua got a good taste of the NFL where you can't simply sit back forever and wait for your 1st Round WRs to be wide open. I suspect he'll spend extra time in the film room this week.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:36 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
Its a game they should have won but its not surprising they lost. Every lays an egg at some point.

Lets see how they bounce back.

Tua got a good taste of the NFL where you can't simply sit back forever and wait for your 1st Round WRs to be wide open. I suspect he'll spend extra time in the film room this week.

He was fussed at about forcing the ball last week, so, maybe he overcompensated for that this week. The Broncos frustrated him, and now teams have blueprint for how to get to him, but he's a smart kid and will bounce back.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:45 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Big Dave wrote:
He was fussed at about forcing the ball last week, so, maybe he overcompensated for that this week. The Broncos frustrated him, and now teams have blueprint for how to get to him, but he's a smart kid and will bounce back.

A few of those sacks were on him but the OL sucked. Jackson and Flowers kept looking at each other like they were confused, and Davis was a turnstile. Have to hope these young guys aren't hitting a wall because only Hunt was impressive yesterday.

Tua has felt limited the last two games after looking like a budding superstar against Arizona (kind of shocking when you look at the quality of opponents). He needs to take over a game before the season is done. Just want to see the magic so he has something to build on.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:55 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Big Dave wrote:
Well, that wasn't a surprise ending.

No need to force two passes into the end zone with over a minute left.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:34 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Fitz screwed us bigtime.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:48 am 

Dont know how you can be sure of what we have in Tua , good or bad at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:11 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

FINesse wrote:
Dont know how you can be sure of what we have in Tua , good or bad at this point.

Exactly, gotta keep putting him out there. As long as they are protecting the backfield, he should be finishing the year. Then we should have a good idea.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:15 pm 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

I didn't say to get rid of him, or cut him, or not start him... I simply said the honeymoon is over.
The next few weeks will be the real story tellers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:44 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Coots wrote:
I didn't say to get rid of him, or cut him, or not start him... I simply said the honeymoon is over.

You called him a bust that couldn't throw a ping pong ball more than 3 feet away.

We all read it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Coots wrote:

You called him a bust that couldn't throw a ping pong ball more than 3 feet away.

We all read it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:34 am 

So if Lawrence or Fields is there with that Houston pick do we pull the trigger?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:51 pm 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

Rich wrote:
Coots wrote:

We all read it.

I do drink whiskey sometimes...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:42 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

FINesse wrote:
So if Lawrence or Fields is there with that Houston pick do we pull the trigger?

in general, I would say that if a special talented QB is available, you take him, regardless of your QB situation is. The QB position is critical for your team's success, so you have to get the best you can.

Therefore, if Lawrence is available, we should take him. I think he has more upside potential than Tua. That does not mean that Tua will not become an outstanding QB, but I think Lawrence has a higher potential ceiling than Tua.

With that said, I do not see him falling to the Houston/Miami pick. We would have to trade to get the #1 pick to get him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:43 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Coots wrote:
Rich wrote:

We all read it.

:haha

Lay off of that stuff, Cooter. It'll make you go blinder faster than ... well, don't do that either.

:))

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:45 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

Big Dave wrote:
Coots wrote:
Rich wrote:

We all read it.

:haha

Lay off of that stuff, Cooter. It'll make you go blinder faster than ... well, don't do that either.

RICH! Dave hurt my feelings.
I need my safe space. Someone help.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:17 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Coots wrote:
Dave wrote:

RICH! Dave hurt my feelings.
I need my safe space. Someone help.

LOL. You know I love you, Brad.

:saywhat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:06 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Just remember margaritaville is not your safespace.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:27 pm 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

AQNOR wrote:
Just remember margaritaville is not your safespace.

Challenge accepted.

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]