View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Phins vs Vikes Post-game Report (UPDATED WITH PICS) 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Phins vs Vikes Post-game Report (UPDATED WITH PICS)
Well my first time to see the Phins live, turned out to be a win. Ill post some reactions and photos later. Two quick thoughts though. Phins turnout at the game was amazing. There were so many Dolphins jerseys there, I was amazed. Jason Allen was pumped up for this game and playing like an animal. Off camera him and VD were pacing like rabbid animals. Talk with ya guys in a bit.

Last edited by Phin on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:10 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Re: Phins vs Vikes Post-game Report
Great to hear you were there.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:11 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

I wish I was there. That must have been an amazing game to go to Phin.

Phin, it's hard to tell from watching on TV, but if Ronnie had cut it back on that long run from the 1 yard line, would he have had it?

Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:12 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yep, I envy...

Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:13 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I envy as well...that is, until I'm seating in my seat at the Jets game next Sunday :D

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:52 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
I wish I was there. That must have been an amazing game to go to Phin.

Phin, it's hard to tell from watching on TV, but if Ronnie had cut it back on that long run from the 1 yard line, would he have had it?

I don't think so PR. We were on that end of the field when he broke that lose and I don't think there was much he could have done to take it all the way. What's ironic is that several of the the big plays in that game I suggested should happen next. Ronnie breaking one loose, I told my friend, 'watch, they are gonna break it loose right here'. Two of the interceptions I said 'watch, Favre is going to give one up here', and on the defensive touchdown I thought they would get a safety. All leading up to the game I favored the Vikes in this one. Right before kickoff my friend asked me for a final prediction and I said, 'Phins win a close one'.
Maybe I should try predicting things more. ;) HAHA

The Vikes fans were pretty stinking nice to us. It helped that there was such a strong presence of Phin fans though. I was amazed at the turnout. If someone told me a third in attendance were for Miami, I wouldn't be shocked. I walked all through the Mall of America trying to find a hat/visor for my wife. All of the Dolphins stuff was sold out and as we walked around I saw more Dolphins fans walking the mall than Vikings fans.
Before the game I went down front to get closer to the players. Brandon Marshall signed a ton of stuff, he was very kind to the Phin fans. Ricky was out there the longest warming up, he received quite a cheer when he walked out of the tunnel. He looked very surprised when he heard all the cheering, he even turned and gave a surprised chuckle. When he left the field he signed some autographs and then went over and took pictures with some of the fans in the handicapped section.
The Phins looked fantastic on the opening drive. Even the Vikes fans were impressed to see the Phins running the wildcat. After scoring that touchdown, the crowd was pretty quite until Williams sacked Henne for 9 yards. After that, the offense really seemed to struggle the rest of the game. The crowd got into it after that.
As I already stated, Allen and VD looked like crazed men out there. They were playing with lots of enthusiasm. I was pretty happy to see Allen doing so well after so long. Other than falling down on that long completion when he got back to back interceptions (the first one was negated), he looked excellent. Vontae seemed to have hurt his shoulder on an outstanding solo tackle. They had him on the sideline for several plays and he was pacing back and forth wanting to get back in. He was even doing pushups on the sideline.
The defense looked tremendous out there, except for the yards they gave up to AP. The sacks and turnovers really seemed to negate the headway our offense was starting to show, and outside of the two fumbles, the Vikes wouldn't have been in this game at all.
All I can say is that it was awesome to be able to watch a good close game, and even better to see the Phins win it.
I'll post some pics tomorrow when I get time.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:12 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Here are some of the pics of the game as promised. I might have some more later.
Sorry for the quality, this was shot using a phone and the zoom was digital of course.

Warmups
Warmups
Ricky warming up. He received quite the applause when he came out onto the field during warmups
More warming up
Mrs. Hines looking quite fine. She was excited to see her first NFL game, even if she doesn't follow sports. ;)
The two of us lovebirds on the sideline before the game.
My pastor/friend and I during warmups.
Thats me wearing my Montana Grizzlies hat and my RB jersey. I was hoping to get one of the Montana boys to come over and sign my hat. No such luck, but thats ok. We had a blast watching the guys warmup.
Ricky signing autographs
The Wife and I before the game. I look like a creeper. haha
The Vikes exiting the ship. Gotta say, it was pretty cool.

Well if I get more time soon, I'll post some more pics.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:59 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Nice pics! How old is your daughter? J/K she is cute and you guys make a cute couple. See guys, I haved a sensitive side.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:07 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
Nice pics! How old is your daughter? J/K she is cute and you guys make a cute couple. See guys, I haved a sensitive side.

Haha, thanks Mak! :) :yay:

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:09 pm

Makchell wrote:

:)

Awesome pics man!! Did you get a Ricky autograph?

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:21 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

No I sure didn't. Didn't get any autographs, we just weren't in a good spot for that.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Phins vs Vikes Post-game Report (UPDATED WITH PICS)
Nice pics phin. Bet it was amazing. I haven't been to a phins game in a number of years :( Was suppose to go to the opener in Atlanta last year, but my bro (Falcons fan) bailed on me. Wife looks nice too, any little Phins yet?

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:32 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Ski_Money wrote:
Nice pics phin. Bet it was amazing. I haven't been to a phins game in a number of years :( Was suppose to go to the opener in Atlanta last year, but my bro (Falcons fan) bailed on me. Wife looks nice too, any little Phins yet?

Yea we have 3. Been married 14 years now, and our oldest is 10 and the youngest is 6.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:37 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phin - great posts and pictures.

You have to settle something for me. Remember the sack Henne took in the beginning of the 2nd quarter? Since you could see the whole field, did you think to yourself: S*#&, Henne should have thrown that one out of bonds?

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:42 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

great pics man, it was such a fun game to be at. i was in the section directly across from you in 214.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:48 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Mindtornado wrote:
Phin - great posts and pictures.

You have to settle something for me. Remember the sack Henne took in the beginning of the 2nd quarter? Since you could see the whole field, did you think to yourself: S*#&, Henne should have thrown that one out of bonds?

Looked like a coverage sack. The way Williams snaked in there, I don't think Henne had much time to get rid of it. My impression was that it was a good sack to take. Who knows though....?

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

Yea we have 3. Been married 14 years now, and our oldest is 10 and the youngest is 6.

That woman has 3 kids?!? Sheesh, what's her secret?

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:59 pm
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer

Awesome pics man. Glad you got to see a game in person. It's totally different than seeing the game on TV.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:01 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Looks like you had a lot of fun, man. Going to live games is very special for me. I've lived in Utah my whole life, and now Alaska, and I still remember vividly every game I've been to (from 12 on).

Awesome, awesome. Glad you had a good time AND got a win ;)

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:17 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
Awesome pics man. Glad you got to see a game in person. It's totally different than seeing the game on TV.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks Rich. There are certainly benefits to watching on TV, but you can't beat the excitement of watching it live. I also think it gives a person more of an objective view of the game when they see it in person. I don't know how to quantify that remark, its just an impression that I have.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:52 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Ski_Money wrote:
Phin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

That woman has 3 kids?!? Sheesh, what's her secret?

Good genetics, healthy living, and lots of love. ;)
You gave her a smile with your compliment by the way. ;) :yay:

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:54 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

.......rest of the pics
Ricky during warmups

Phins team warmups

Phins team warmups

Carpenter keeping the kicking leg warmed up during the game.

Favre passing, one of his non interceptions. ;)

Raugnor the Viking. The cheerleaders were at the opposite endzone doing their dance, while he was down here mimicking their dance. For a Viking, he had pretty good moves. He really stole the show, LOL. I don't think there were too many watching the cheerleaders, most of the fans were watching Raugnor. Funny stuff

Post game handshakes. I was pretty happy at this point. For my first Phins game, I'm sure glad it was a win. :yay:

Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:11 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I was at the game too, although I didn't take any photos. Counting preseason, this was my fifth game and the first time I have seen the Dolphins win. I will also be at the game at Lambeau in a month, so hopefully my luck has changed.

Phin, you look really familiar... I swear I talked to you before the game right behind the Dolphins bench.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:43 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I think I sat 4 rows above you. Look in the last photo I posted and tell me if that is you.
I don't remember talking to anyone on the sideline though. I was going to try to talk to you (or who I thought was you), but I could never find a good time to get down there and say hi, then the game was over and it was a flood of people towards the door.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]