View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Please don't get me wrong... 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Please don't get me wrong...
I never make it a habit to bash the team I so passionately care about... But.... I can tell you that I don't feel comfortable at all with the LACK of Offense we are showing.. After 2 weeks we are among the last (27th) ranked teams in the league. Some of the play calling is very questionable, our RB's look confused, and our QB doesn't seem settled... There is no magic solution to our problems, and I fear next Week and the Week after is going to be one of our true tests of the season.

We've spent 2 (2nd round) draft picks to help solidify our Offense, and at this point it seems wasted.. Again.. I'm happy to have Marshall, and was ALL FOR the trade; though at this time, we've could have been close to last in Offense without him.

We were very fortunate to pull out the win yesterday.. The sad thing is.. If Favre had scored, our Offense wasn't good enough to put up a FG, let alone another touchdown. After beating the Pat's the JETS now see BLOOD in the water, and if we don't pick it up- We're going to be their next Victim.

:jests:

Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:05 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: Please don't get me wrong...
There are two modes of thought when playing on the road in the NFL. When you get a lead, go conservative and don't turn the ball over. The other is when you're behind, take risks to change the momentum. Miami has executed the first thought perfectly and sit at 2-0. Chad Henne threw for 300yds 3 times last season. Once at home and twice on the road. All 3 were in comeback bids. Miami was 1-2 in those affairs. Let's not look too much into an early season offense which has not thrown the ball that much. I too would like to see a little more of a lead before they kick it into cruise control but I'm not coaching the team and my job doesn't depend on wins and losses. Right now, Nolan has the defense believing they can do anything. They fight through adversity (something our top 5 defense never could) and they perservere when the chips are down. That 4th and 1 stop at the goal line was after AP had just racked up about 100yds in the 2nd half. They never stopped believing and got it done. Sparano obviously has the utmost faith in his defense and he's now a very unsexy 2-0.

BTW...you're putting too much faith in the Jets. Their defense got away with mugging the Patriots WRs...something that shouldn't happen on the road and the Patriots defense is going to be in the bottom 5 this year. No pass rush. No secondary and very little run defense in the 2nd half. Even Brady and company are going to find it tough sledding against top tier competition on their turf.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:28 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Please don't get me wrong...
I'm much like you. I'm really concerned about the offense after several of the stats I've been seeing.

I do think there's hope, however. I think it'd be in the coaches best interest to let the passing game lose this week. We need to spread the field like everyone has been talking about and take advantage of the Jets.

It's time for our new offense to shine, and this week will be the real test.

I'm not saying we suck, I'm not saying we'll be in trouble if we don't win this week. But it's sure going to be hard if we can't put up more points.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]