View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Media poking fun of Coach Sparano wearing sunglasses indoors 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Media poking fun of Coach Sparano wearing sunglasses indoors
I actually did not know this about Sparano. I just thought he was taking Todd Rundgren literally;)

Quote:
Q: I wanted to email you about something that bothers me. [Sunday] during the CBS telecast, Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf made a few jokes about how Coach Tony Sparano was wearing sunglasses inside the Vikings’ dome. The PROBLEM I find with this is that Coach Sparano had an accident many years ago which left his eyes very sensitive to light and therefore almost always wears sunglasses. The fact that the media continues to make jokes about his wearing glasses during games inside or at night is bothersome and in poor taste. This is his 3rd year as the Miami Dolphins coach. I would think that big media outlets would now about this already. … CBS aren’t the only guilty parties. Sunday night on NFL Network, Rich Eisen, Deion Sanders, and Steve Mariucci made similar jokes about how Coach Sparano was wearing sunglasses indoors. I’ve had to listen to these jokes for three years now and It amazes me how these people who ONLY cover the NFL don’t know this. I thought maybe you could spread the word. Dr. Jonathan Roldan.
A: You got it, Doc, and you’re right. It’s shameful, really, that anyone could still mess that up, much less rights holders. Rather, Sparano should be held up as an inspiration to anyone dealing with similar problems.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29

Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Media poking fun of Coach Sparano wearing sunglasses indoors
We to be honest, I didnt know it...

Makes sense tho, he wears them all the time. I always noticed they were prescription, just figured he kept the sunglasses on cause it was easier then carrying around a case with the 2nd pair...

Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:54 am
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Quote:
It amazes me how these people who ONLY cover the NFL don’t know this. I thought maybe you could spread the word. Dr. Jonathan Roldan.

:hithead:

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:01 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

The Doc should sit through a couple of coaches press conferences... He isnt exactly Mr friendly and open to all kinds of question not relating to the team and the game that particular week...

Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:04 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Yeah, I think I would wear sunglasses in front of the media too. Talk about lights!

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]