View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Omar Kelly says physical defense and running game beats Jets 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Omar Kelly says physical defense and running game beats Jets
I gotta think Rex Ryan is going to put 9 guys in the box and dare Miami to throw the ball. Every time he's done that in the past, Miami has forced the issue and tried to run against it. The first time in Miami, the Dolphins flat wore out the Jets. Polite leveled his share of LB's that game. Ricky and Ronnie gashed the Jets Defense for 151yds. Henne was efficient putting up 20-26 numbers and added 2 TD passes for good measure. The lasting impression from that matchup was Calvin Pace getting knocked silly by Polite on a running play.
While I think Miami needs to remain physical on defense (obvious), I do think the offense needs to come out throwing the ball on first down much like last week in the first half. Unlike last week, I think they'll need to do that for 4 quarters. I don't expect the Jets to score a bucket load of points but I do expect a few good throws out of Sanchez. I also expect his over confidence will lead to a pick or two.
Finally, Sanchez locked onto Dustin Keller against the Patriots. Miami had no answer for Shiancoe in the last game and if they let Sanchez get good looks at Keller he'll take it. The Jets, just like last year, have a respectable running game and a good 3rd down back. Things haven't changed much.
STs - Expect the Jets to come after Carpenter on 4th down. He had two blocked in the preseason and came close again last week. ST's will play a huge part in who wins on Sunday.
Test Cromartie - He committed a couple more penalties last week and had a couple not called as he literally mugged the WR. He'll be matched up on Marshall most of the game. The Jets will be thin in the secondary minus Revis and their CB's are ripe for the picking. Jason Taylor will likely not play but if he does he'll be very limited in what he can do. The interior line is without Jenkins but they were last season as well. Right now their offense is starting to gain a little traction so it should again go down to the wire.http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/200910120 ... /box-score

Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:45 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Omar Kelly says physical defense and running game beats Jets
Quote:
Miami had no answer for Shiancoe in the last game

Disagree. Shiancoe had a hot streak in the 2nd quarter, but late in the game was being smothered by Sean Smith.

Quote:
Expect the Jets to come after Carpenter on 4th down.

So they are going to be running to the Dolphins sideline?

Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:55 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Rich wrote:
Quote:

Disagree. Shiancoe had a hot streak in the 2nd quarter, but late in the game was being smothered by Sean Smith.

I agree. We may have found a great situational role for Sean. I'm looking forward to seeing how we use him against Keller and the Patriots TE's.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:57 pm

Rich wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Expect the Jets to come after Carpenter on 4th down.

So they are going to be running to the Dolphins sideline?

oops...mean't Brandon Fields.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]