View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Brandon Graham 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Brandon Graham
If we don't get McClain this guy is my new second favorite player....he is an absolute animal right now in the Senior Bowl. Him and Cameron Wake as our OLB will be dangerous and Weatherspoon as an ILB. Our first 3 picks HAVE to be at the LB position because we could solidify that position is one draft with the correct selections.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:34 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Brandon Graham
Also Dan Williams and Mount Cody are both having great games....I would like to take back my first post by saying LB AND DT need to be our first 4 selections. There is enough talent in the Senior Bowl for our Defense, so add in the underclassmen and this is going to be the draft that puts us in the conversation with the elite teams in the NFL.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:37 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Graham is SC's boy, and I have fallen in love with him over the past 3 weeks too. I haven't been watching the game today, but have it recording and will watch it later and analyze. But I'm not surprised Graham is doing so well. No complex blocking schemes or anything, so it's mostly 1v1 and he should be able to take advantage of that.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:05 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I missed the game as I was at work this evening, but he was the MVP of the Senior Bowl. Put him on the opposite side of Cameron Wake, as he is stout enough to play the run and is still explosive and can provide pass rush.

The thing is Brandon will probably go in the 1st round for sure and taking him at #12 is probably to high. If Dez Bryant and Rolando McClain are off the board and Miami can trade down, then Brandon certainly could come into play.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:50 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I agree, if McClain is gone and we can trade down I would take this kid. I said Spiller in a previous post but after watching Graham I've changed my mind. He just looks and plays like a prototypical OLB that Parcells loves. 6' 1" 260 that can sack the QB and stuff the run, he was just awesome today.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:52 pm

He's absolutely tremendous against the run. The thing he does well though is get to the QB without heading straight up the field, thus sacrificing run D. He's just a complete player.

I question his lateral speed, but he's an awesome OLB prospect. It would mean Wake would have to make the conversion to the weak side though....or maybe Graham would?

Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:56 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I went to the local sports bar chain and checked out the 1st half of the game and I agree... Graham is an absolute beast. He put constant pressure on the QB, considering there was no blitzing allowed to help get him free, that is huge!

Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:04 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I read somewhere that Nolan called a blitz anyway.. and got flagged for it. Then shrugged and smiled.

Graham looked good. But, the souths O-line looked AWFUL. With Tony Sparano coaching.. you know it has to be the talent. If nothing else Sparano can coach an O-line. So I wouldn't put a TON of stock into what Graham did. But, he did look good.

I thought the QB Dan LeFevour looked like a real good pro prospect.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:06 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

hypocritex wrote:
I read somewhere that Nolan called a blitz anyway.. and got flagged for it. Then shrugged and smiled.

Graham looked good. But, the souths O-line looked AWFUL. With Tony Sparano coaching.. you know it has to be the talent. If nothing else Sparano can coach an O-line. So I wouldn't put a TON of stock into what Graham did. But, he did look good.

I thought the QB Dan LeFevour looked like a real good pro prospect.

I'll bet the Rams take LeFevour as their eventual replacement for Bulger...why anyone thought Bulger was just as good as Warner is beyond me.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:25 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

hypocritex wrote:

LOL. Nice try.

hypocritex wrote:
Graham looked good.

Man, he dominated the South. He kept the South quarterbacks from being comfortable. I was definitely impressed with him.

hypocritex wrote:
With Tony Sparano coaching.. you know it has to be the talent.

Also, those 6 turnovers that his team committed dug him into a huge hole. I would have to say that the Lions staff adjusted better at halftime than did Sparano's coaching staff. The North shut out the South in the 2nd half.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:59 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

here is a view for some linebackers

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... ckers.html

Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:35 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I will be happy if we get any of
mcclain
weatherspoon
Graham

As cocky as weatherspoon is, this kid can COVER which means akin needs to find a new home

also maybe we can get a 3rd round pick for chrowder, if he is always injured what good is he

Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:42 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

If MaClaine is off the board !st pick has to be d.williams DT out Tenn what a beast and do be shocked if he gone befour 12 after that performance in the senior bowl.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]