View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Your Keys to the Game 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Your Keys to the Game
We all have them, let's share them here.

Dolphins on Offense:
This might be the first game of the season that Henne really has to have a good game. So the first key to the game will be pass protection. If Henne is under pressure all game it could lead to poor decisions.
2. Taking advantage of matchups - I don't know how else to say this but if the Dolphins face a 9 man front and don't utilize BMarsh...shame on them. He is the biggest playmaker on offense and not using him often will result in a defeat.
3. Running game - I expect the Jets to come in and force Henne to throw. So there will be a ton of 8-9 man fronts. The OL will need to still open up a few creases to make the running game a threat. While I don't expect 100yds, I do expect the Jets to have to worry about it.
4. STs - These units make me worry every time they hit the field. Coverage has been spotty and blocking is non-existant. A big return either way could tip the scales.

When Miami is on Defense -
1. blitz a few times early, then back off - Just like with Edwards they need to set the clock in Sanchez's head then mix in some good coverage schemes. He'll generously throw into double coverage if he feels hurried.
2. Dustin Keller had a monster game last week. Miami needs to put Smith on him all game.
3. Run defense - Especially on 3rd down with LT back there needs to be a focus. Sanchez can rarely beat a team with his arm and while he had a good game last week it was the running game and short screens that killed NE.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:04 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Your Keys to the Game
Just win, baby.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]