View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 It is official....Miami is a pretender 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post It is official....Miami is a pretender
The only guy anywhere that shows a little love toward Miami is Warren Sapp. The rest of them are pretty much on the train of thought that Miami is a pretender. No respect, no love, under the radar....just like we like it. :stiffarm:

Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:47 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: It is official....Miami is a pretender
We'll beat up on NY on national TV on Sunday Night, and then do the same to NE on Monday Night. After that, they'll talk about how he caught them napping and the rest of the season won't be the same.

Hey, go ahead and dis-respect us. Just adds fuel to the fire.

I'd be saying this since the schedule came out. This game against NY is the biggest lock on our schedule. No way we don't go out there and whoop some Jets arse.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:58 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We'll still be pretenders at 6-0 watch. Having beaten New York, New England, Pitt, Minnesota, and Green Bay. They will all just have (or had) off weeks.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:13 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Yes, the cat is out of the bag. The Dolphins are "Pretenders".

Pretending they aren't going to the Super Bowl this year.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:46 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

WOOOOO WOOOOO! SUPER BOWL TRAIN TO DALLAS!!!!! ALL ABOARD!

Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:51 pm

you guys still think I was being sarcastic.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Heck Finesse...time to crank up the 19-0 bus. Afterall...we have the best defense no one knows...... :pumpiron:

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:07 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I looked on ESPN the night before to see what the picks were. None of the 10 experts and only 1 of the commentators (Ditka) chose the Dolphins to win.

I really think the defense is what is surprising everyone. Offense needs to come to play Sunday.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:15 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

defense has played well but, lets call it like it is. Farve is out of his league now, and we barely beat the lowly Bills. If all we can score is 2 TD's in 2 games. Something is really wrong.

The defense has played well but, like I said against two teams that aren't going to be around come playoff time. We won and I am extremely happy, but does anyone think that at this moment teams are really worried about the dolphins?

The point is, the skeptics are out in full force because Miami didn't really beat anyone to convince them otherwise.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ski_Money wrote:
We'll still be pretenders at 6-0 watch. Having beaten New York, New England, Pitt, Minnesota, and Green Bay. They will all just have (or had) off weeks.

Exactly, it will never be about what we did as a team. It will always be about what the other team didn't do.
:hithead:

Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm a Dolphins fan, and I'm still not believing. Do I think beating Minnesota was a good win? Yes. Do I think going into Buffalo and getting a win is big? Yes. Do I think this team is a worldbeater? Not yet...they've got to get the offense clicking.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:43 pm

finfan808 wrote:
defense has played well but, lets call it like it is. Farve is out of his league now, and we barely beat the lowly Bills. If all we can score is 2 TD's in 2 games. Something is really wrong.

The defense has played well but, like I said against two teams that aren't going to be around come playoff time. We won and I am extremely happy, but does anyone think that at this moment teams are really worried about the dolphins?

The point is, the skeptics are out in full force because Miami didn't really beat anyone to convince them otherwise.

The Bills put up 34 points on Miami in Buffalo last year. The Vikings have won 9 straight at home and lost to the Saints by 5 points in NO. Miami didn't go into either game with the mindset to blow these teams out. They went in with an attitude to steal a win. Let's not get wrapped up in the Favre is done talk. The Vikings defense still held the NO offense to 14 points at home. They still have a very formidable front 7. They still have AP and one of the best running games in the league. So put a damper on it if you like; but, if we're looking at progress over last season...Miami is sitting at +2 games over last season. If they can continue to beat teams they should beat and sneak a few wins against teams they shouldn't there's no reason this team can't compete for the division title.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:48 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Iowafin wrote:
I'm a Dolphins fan, and I'm still not believing. Do I think beating Minnesota was a good win? Yes. Do I think going into Buffalo and getting a win is big? Yes. Do I think this team is a worldbeater? Not yet...they've got to get the offense clicking.

No doubt they weren't impressive wins, but they were big wins in the beginning of the season. Guys are still getting back into the game and as the season progresses will hopefully get better.

NFL Network's Analysts had more love with 2 votes for Miami and 2 votes for Minnesota.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:22 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I agree, HUGE WIN AT MINNESOTA, but they appear to be in a major flux right now, and we caught them at the perfect time. Lets hope they destroy the Jets and Pats once Favre finds some rythmn. As for the Buffalo win, the quelled some of our recent mishaps with them, it knocks off the chance of a blizzard game up in Buffalo, and us losing to them on the road when they actually might be able to play spoiler late in the season. Either way, we are 2-0 and really havent done much.

These next two games will show everything. Beating the Jets, and Pats will put us at 4-0 and 3-0 in division, leading to at least a 2 game lead in overall, and 3 game leead in conference play if you include conference play all around. AT THAT POINT we will no longer be pretenders...

As for now? We are just a good team off to a great start. Contender/Pretender? whats it matter, this season was stacked up against us early.... We've said it all along, if we can get to 4-4 to start, we have a good chance for the playoffs. WELL? It appears that we have set the pace, and the long haul is upon us.

I can not stress enough the importance of the next 2 games. We win both, and we theoretically can lose the NEXT 4 and still be in striking reach of the division crown with the final schedule being NYJ, NE, Bills at home, Detroit, Cleveland, Oakland, Chicago..... the meat of the easier half.

Let them say what they want. 2 games is a horrible sample to decide the fate of any team. Put it this way: Philly with Vick is a contender, Philly with Kolb is a joke. Yet, Reid only made the call for Vick a go, as of today. His sample for evaluation 6 quarters to 2 quarters. He better hope he is right, or he's sacrificing games to find a solution. Lets get to October, and the end of baseball, and then a playoff picture can start to emerge. Until then, Go Phins, and lets show the world on primetime TV that we are for real.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:51 pm

Martz's offenses have always given the Dolphins fits. I'm not so certain that the Chicago game is such an easy win anymore.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:48 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

NFLJunkie wrote:
Martz's offenses have always given the Dolphins fits. I'm not so certain that the Chicago game is such an easy win anymore.

Dolphins didnt have Mike Nolan either... How do his defenses do against Martz?

Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:34 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Nolan and Martz have never faced each other as opposing coordinators. Only as head coaches.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:45 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

NFLJunkie wrote:
finfan808 wrote:

The Bills put up 34 points on Miami in Buffalo last year. The Vikings have won 9 straight at home and lost to the Saints by 5 points in NO. Miami didn't go into either game with the mindset to blow these teams out. They went in with an attitude to steal a win. Let's not get wrapped up in the Favre is done talk. The Vikings defense still held the NO offense to 14 points at home. They still have a very formidable front 7. They still have AP and one of the best running games in the league. So put a damper on it if you like; but, if we're looking at progress over last season...Miami is sitting at +2 games over last season. If they can continue to beat teams they should beat and sneak a few wins against teams they shouldn't there's no reason this team can't compete for the division title.

Aside from the Buffalo and Minnesota stats from last year, I totally agree with you. My comments are simply why people are so skeptical of the dolphins. I think we really have a good team. If the offense comes around a little, I think we could actually go 13-3 12-4.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]