View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Dolphins/Jets predictions (Time to Feed the Wolf) 

Dolphins/Jets predictions
Dolphins 90%  90%  [ 35 ]
Jets 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 39

Dolphins/Jets predictions (Time to Feed the Wolf) 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Dolphins/Jets predictions (Time to Feed the Wolf)
OK, here we go. JP starts us off with a Dolphins victory!

Quote:
Time to Feed the Wolf
Written by JP
Tuesday, 21 September 2010

feed the wolf After two huge road victories for the Dolphins, it's time to come back home. Miami hosts the New York Jets this Sunday Night in the home opener, and we'll be dawning the coveted orange jersey. While that guarantees a win by itself, there is something that us fans can do as well.

It has been well documented this Off season, and into the season, that Tony Sparano has his players "Feeding the Wolf." After each of Miami's first two wins, in which the Defense has definitely fed the wolf, the locker room has howled at the top of their lungs. Right now Dolphins fans across the internet are asking anybody going to the game on Sunday to howl on big 3rd down situations. That's right. We need to help our Defense feed the wolf. Now it's time for the fans to support and come up big on Sunday Night.

Now, onto the game...

Here are the keys to victory for the Dolphins:

1) Go to Marshall early and often. Darrelle Revis will be out for this game with a hamstring injury that he suffered during their victory over the Patriots this past Sunday. That means that Antonio Cromartie will get the bulk of the work on Brandon Marshall. In other words, it means Marshall will be open on every single play. As Tim Graham has pointed out , Cromartie has been terrorized by Marshall for years. Marshall is the exact type of receiver that gives him problems; A big, physical, possession receiver. If I am Chad Henne, I am going to Marshall early and often to try and open up the run game. Marshall won't have 18 catches like he had against Cromartie in 2008, but I would disappointed with anything less than 8-10 grabs.

2) Be aggressive on Defense. I don't think Mike Nolan needs to be told to be aggressive with his play calling. But I am going to say it anyway. The Jets offense is anemic at best; they don't have a QB, they have deficiencies along the offensive line and their number 1 RB has been a disappointment. Miami needs to get in Mark Sanchez's face and force him to make plays under duress. I expect big things from the Defense this week, and if they fly around as much as they have the past two weeks, Mark Sanchez will match Favre's 3 INT's, and do him one or two better.

3) Go for the kill. Throughout the first two weeks of the season Miami has gotten off to an early lead and then decided to play it conservative and trust the defense to win them the game. This week, in preparation for Tom Brady, I'd like to see Miami's offense finish the game off. I don't want to just beat the Jets, I want to embarrass them on national TV. The Jets will not score more than 10 points; the offense needs to go out there and take care of business. Miami will not beat the Patriots in 2 weeks with the same style they beat Buffalo and Minnesota with. Let's start clicking offensively against NY and get a rhythm going into the tough part of the schedule.

Prediction:

Miami 27 - Jets 10

I don't see Miami losing this game. We are more talented, better coached and have the orange jerseys on. Miami wins this game big.

GO PHINS!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Dolphins/Jets predictions (Time to Feed the Wolf)
Not in our house!

No Revis, No Problem!

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:44 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

FEED THE WOLF BABY!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:48 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

27-10 Fins win JP? Eeeesh....

I'm more like 17 - I better not say.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:56 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dolphins 20, Jets 9

This should be a good game as the Jets have a good offensive line. Someone I think Nolan has something in mind to keep Sanchez off of his game. He had too much time to throw last year against our defense.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Listen, everyone is pumped up. I can't even imagine how the people in Miami feel getting to go to this game.

I'm in freakin' Alaska and I'm pumped up!

It's time to win these big talkers.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:06 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Four days before kickoff and I am already climbing the walls. Hopefully the Dolphins aren't as wired as we are.

The chance to start 3-0 doesn't matter, the rivalry doesn't matter, JT's return to Miami doesn't matter. The most important thing is to get another division win.

As far as predictions go, I think the Dolphins come from behind to win 14-13.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:52 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

All this talk about how great The Steelers are is really annoying... I want to tell all the "Analysts" to look at the Defensive stats... we are about dead even with them.... Sanchez will not score... 20-9 Wolves win...

That's my Homer post for the year

Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:55 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

How many points the Phins score depends on whether or not they finally decide to air it out. I sort of think they've been holding back for the next two games. If they play conservatively as they have thus far, the Dolphins take it 17-3. If they FINALLY throw the darn ball around, the Dolphins take it 28-3. Sanchez played terrible against a suffocating D (Baltimore) and I don't think the Phins will have any problem shutting him down. I don't think they'll be able to run much either. As long as the offense puts more than 13 points on the board, they'll be in good shape.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:16 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I really wouldn't mind if we DONT air it out and just run it all over their Cocky Asses again (yes, that sounded very gay, because they are).

I say we set the tone and run the ball straight down their throat.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Marshall won't have 18 catches like he had against Cromartie in 2008

18 Catches?

Marshall knows just how to abuse Cromartie, and we need to throw it there. He'll be open. He's in Cromartie's head. Those battles are already won. But will we take advantage?

Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:57 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

"Cromartie has been terrorized by Marshall for years"
:)

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:06 am

AOA001 wrote:
(yes, that sounded very gay, because they are).

"Not that there's anything wrong with that."

:fart:

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:38 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

David Hyde is predicting a Dolphins victory.

Dave Hyde wrote:
No Kris Jenkins, the nose tackle who anchors the run defense. No Calvin Pace, the linebacker and best pass rusher. No Darrelle Revis, the shutdown cornerback. The Jets are without their best three defensive players, and this presents an unusual opportunity for the Dolphins offense to bust out of this early-season funk and control this game.

No matter what we've seen the first couple of games, I still think this Dolphins offense has too many good players and nice weapons to keep playing like this. I still think quarterback Chad Henne showed too much last year to regress this year. I still think they're too talented to think 13 points against Buffalo and seven against Minnesota is who this offense is.

A Sunday night game against the a depleted Jets defense should provide just the kind of opportunity this offense needs to jump-start this year. Dolphins 27, Jets 13

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/ ... l+blogs%29

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:55 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I picked them to lose the 1st two games and won them both, I'll stay the course 45-6 Jet's destroy us. LOL!

Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:01 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
I picked them to lose the 1st two games and won them both, I'll stay the course 45-6 Jet's destroy us. LOL!

Haha..same here. Miami didn't play very well in preseason, and still didn't play very well offensively against the Bills or Vikings...yet won. Miami stinks, so they should lose :grin:

Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:05 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Dave Hyde wrote:
this presents an unusual opportunity for the Dolphins offense to bust out of this early-season funk and control this game.

I'll take a 2-0 funk over the electric 0-2 starts we have had the last 3 seasons any day.....

Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:38 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
David Hyde is predicting a Dolphins victory.

Dave Hyde wrote:
No Kris Jenkins, the nose tackle who anchors the run defense. No Calvin Pace, the linebacker and best pass rusher. No Darrelle Revis, the shutdown cornerback. The Jets are without their best three defensive players, and this presents an unusual opportunity for the Dolphins offense to bust out of this early-season funk and control this game.

No matter what we've seen the first couple of games, I still think this Dolphins offense has too many good players and nice weapons to keep playing like this. I still think quarterback Chad Henne showed too much last year to regress this year. I still think they're too talented to think 13 points against Buffalo and seven against Minnesota is who this offense is.

A Sunday night game against the a depleted Jets defense should provide just the kind of opportunity this offense needs to jump-start this year. Dolphins 27, Jets 13

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/ ... l+blogs%29

I think the offense will need to play big in this game. Despite the Jets missing three key players on defense, they still shut the Patriots down in the second half last game. The Jets will definitely bring it, we will need to do the same. That being said, I think we win 20-16. I know this will be a hard fought divisional battle and that 20-16 figure could very well turn into another 14-10 type of game if the defenses dictate what happens. Bottom line, we need to run the football well and Henne has to do a better job of finishing off drives. Last week we consistently got into Minnesota's territory, but couldn't finish the drive and put up points. That needs to change this week if we want to win.
:stiffarm:

Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:25 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Technology has us winning too!

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... r-dolphins

Quote:
By Tim GrahamAccuScore lays out a pretty simple plan for the Miami Dolphins to beat the New York Jets on Sunday night.

Based on AccuScore's 10,000 computer simulations, if Dolphins running backs Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams combine for at least 100 rushing yards, then the likelihood of victory soars to 77 percent. If the Jets can hold them under 100 yards, then the Jets are 65 percent favorites.

The AccuScore report, as delivered by Jenny Dell of "Countdown Daily," also forecasts a 54 percent completion percentage and 177 passing yards for Mark Sanchez.

The Dolphins are picked to win by five points.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:49 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

We have no chance of winning this game. Chad Henne will continue to suck and Brandon Marshall will act like his busted up self. Vontae has no heart, and Cameron Wake has no speed. Expect the Jets to pass all around us and for us to continually turn the ball over, Jets 31-Dolphins 13. :war:

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

BlameItonTheHenne wrote:
We have no chance of winning this game. Chad Henne will continue to suck and Brandon Marshall will act like his busted up self. Vontae has no heart, and Cameron Wake has no speed. Expect the Jets to pass all around us and for us to continually turn the ball over, Jets 31-Dolphins 13. :war:

:??? :shock:

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:30 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I'd rather nobody talks about the Dolphins and continues to undermine our victories and our playmakers. Please show us no respect, tell our Dolphin players and coaches how our wins meant nothing and how we'll get beat by more legitimate teams. More fuel for us... we're going to light a fire under the Jets' arse.
:jests: :jests: :jests:

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

My head tells me the Jets will win this one convincingly, but my gut is telling me that Miami will eek this one out.
Miami 16
New Jersey Milk Cows 14

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:48 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

What I expect Sunday night is;
(OT) Lebron to be at the game wearing his Yankees hat, because hes scared to commit
The fans are having a hard time Howling after their voices became horse from Boo-ing JT for wearing the wrong uniform in our house.
Brandon Marshall to have 2 touchdowns. This is the only reason hes mad is since he wants to contribute in a major way, no matter what the media says. Cromartie then apologizes to Lebron for the comparison
Henne will throw for 250 yards & his first interception of the year but we won't remember after Sanchez throws 2 of his own & is sacked 5 times. Then he sulks by eating a hotdog alone on the bench
Braylon Edwards gets popped by VD aka CP & then decides he really doesn't want to play much after a DWI after all.
Ladanian will find the endzone & be the only brightspot for the other team.
When Ronnie breaks off a 40 yard run he is pushed out of bounds on the new york sideline. Jobba the Ryan considers eating RB when out of nowhere Channing Crowder swoops in with a verbal chain of death that leaves their coache's fat tongue & tail shaking till the end of the game.
Miami 23 New York Hype 13

This is a picture of me & my pet wolf, Ripley. So glad the Dolphins decided to celebrate the same way this year

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:38 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Love the picture, dude. Very cool.

I dressed up my dog for opening day. HA!

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]