View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Phins Talking Points: Is Brandon Marshall acting out again? 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Phins Talking Points: Is Brandon Marshall acting out again?
Quote:
by Brian Biggane
Brandon Marshall skipped out on his weekly 10-minute session with the South Florida media Thursday. That’s probably not a big deal to fans - and Ricky Williams, who routinely blows off all media requests, probably loved it - but it’s a sign that, despite Miami’s 2-0 record, Marshall isn’t the happy camper one might expect. That’s where we start our Friday morning installment of talking points:

1. Brandon Marshall is showing signs of returning to his diva ways.

Didn’t see it but have been told that after Miami scored on its first drive of the game, there was a closeup camera shot of Marshall looking unhappy on the bench. Remember, just two plays before Chad Henne had targeted Marshall and missed him. Perhaps, after making the 46-yard catch that began the touchdown drive, Marshall thought he deserved to end it with the ball in the end zone.
Marshall was targeted eight times in the game — no other Dolphin receiver was targeted more than three — and finished with four catches. Through two games, he has 12 receptions, only slightly off the pace that would get him to 100. And Miami is 2-0. What’s there to be unhappy about?

Still, Marshall’s track record says he’s a diva and such players almost always revert to form. It’s a situation that will bear watching.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... out-again/

I have to wonder is this an editorial or is this guy trying to make the news? I am curious about how you guys take this article?

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:17 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Phins Talking Points: Is Brandon Marshall acting out again?
He's getting hearsay that he "looked unhappy" on the bench. That's more speculation than Lady Gaga gets for what gender it is.

Listen, it's a football game...body language and facial expressions on the freakin' sideline are so overblown.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:20 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Iowafin wrote:
He's getting hearsay that he "looked unhappy" on the bench. That's more speculation than Lady Gaga gets for what gender it is.

Listen, it's a football game...body language and facial expressions on the freakin' sideline are so overblown.

100% with you... what a stupid way to make "news"...

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:03 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

True or not, how long do you think Marshall is going to stay quiet running 5-6 yard outs and curls the whole game.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:30 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

:youwin:

Anyone that skips a media meeting needs to be let go. And, anyone who doesn't want the ball in the end zone should be cut as well.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

finfan808 wrote:
True or not, how long do you think Marshall is going to stay quiet running 5-6 yard outs and curls the whole game.

Wondering the same thing. This organization is very foolish if it thinks it can continue to run the offense at this pace with Mt. Marshall the type who could errupt from neglect. Beyond that, it's ridiculous the way they are running the offense anyways. My only hope is that they were purposely not showing much leading up to the Jets.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This is non-news. Marshall is getting paid very well and the team is winning. Marshall is competitive and I'm sure he was upset about the miscue in the endzone last week, but I'm also sure that he could care less about it today. He's getting ready to have a break out game against the Jets this week. If Marshall is upset at all it's because he wants to perform and help the offense do better. Bottom line, Marshall will be happy as long as we're winning and if we continue to play physical I think we've got potential to win a whole lot of games this year.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
This is non-news. Marshall is getting paid very well and the team is winning. Marshall is competitive and I'm sure he was upset about the miscue in the endzone last week, but I'm also sure that he could care less about it today. He's getting ready to have a break out game against the Jets this week. If Marshall is upset at all it's because he wants to perform and help the offense do better. Bottom line, Marshall will be happy as long as we're winning and if we continue to play physical I think we've got potential to win a whole lot of games this year.

I still think they're playing with fire by not feeding him the ball adequately. Playing this close to the vest is going to bite us in the a$s like it's done in the past. The whole purpose of going out and getting a guy like Marshall was to allow us to go vertical and take pressure off the run game. Yet so far we're allowing teams to stack the box on us because we're not. IMO this will most certainly start to grade on Marshall. He's got that personality make up, it's undeniable. This isn't a situation where it's a Randy Moss coming on board a championship franchise. Marshall is new to an organization still trying to right the ship and not what I'd call a veteran-laden team either.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:40 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

We brought Marshall in to continue to be a beast. Right now he is stuck in human form. We need him to be a lycan. I understand that it's only been two games but, let me point out that Bess had 76 for 758 last year and 10 YPC. Marshall right now is 12 for 124 and 10.3 YPC. Does anyone think that those type of numbers are beastly?

If this continues, I would be worried that he didn't become a diva. The guy is a young superstar, he could potentially bring a whole pass defense to it's knees if used properly(like he was in Denver).

You have to admit Henne is much better than Orton IMHO, if Marshall doesn't get his this season who do you think is to blame? H E N N I N G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:49 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

The next two games are must wins. We'll see how we utilize Marshall in the next few games.

Something tells me we've been holding back for this moment.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:56 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rock Sexton wrote:
My only hope is that they were purposely not showing much leading up to the Jets.

That's mine as well. If it's not the case, they need to fire Henning.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:32 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I think this is an attempt to create controversy where there is none. As long as we are winning, and Marshall is a big part of the offense then I really don't see Brandon being a problem child.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:18 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

finfan808 wrote:

The money he's getting will go a long way towards pacifying him. He knows the deal here. He knows exactly why he was hired and that the Trifecta isn't going to throw Henne in the fire.

He probably can anticipate that the media is going to ask him something stupid like "How do you feel about the lack of explosiveness displayed by the Dolphins this year?"

It's game 3 folks. We haven't seen even 1/4 of what the Dolphins have in the play book yet.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Marshall's good friend just died (WR from Broncos). He's also said he doesn't want to do any speaking on the Jets this week.

Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]