View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Zach on Dolphins-Jets, the young D and being in Jets box 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Zach on Dolphins-Jets, the young D and being in Jets box
Quote:
What are the keys to Sunday night? “They need to put pressure on [Jets quarterback Mark] Sanchez, especially the home crowd, with the noise, because it’s so much different. He’s played his first two games [at home]. That’s just so much easier on a quarterback, because they can audible, they can check off, they can kill a play [that won’t work against a particular defensive look] and go the other direction. But this game, no way he’s doing that. The good thing is that if the crowd’s loud, they’ll have guys that jump offsides,

And what about the reaction he got when he was seen watching his brother-in-law, Jason Taylor, from the private box of Jets owner Woody Johnson during Sunday’s game against the New England Patriots? “I was just up in New York to watch Jason play, and I was up in Woody Johnson’s box, and the whole game I’m just sitting there. I’m not cheering for either team. I was hoping they would both lose…. [Jets] fans always look back to see Woody Johnson’s reaction when they have a good play. … I was just cheering for Jason, [and] when he had that big sack, I stood up and the fans turned around to see Woody Johnson’s reaction, and then they saw me and it was like somebody just slapped their momma.”

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/ ... ts_th.html

Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:58 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Zach on Dolphins-Jets, the young D and being in Jets box
Zach is right. Sanchez will find it's much tougher playing on the road. He had a favorable start to the season playing two games at home. Now he's got to try and replicate his performance last week on the road, and against a defense that ate up a team with a much better offense than his. Aka, not happening. Sanchez had better be very careful this week or he too could suffer a 4 turnover type of game like Favre had last week. Our defense is playing very well right now and that play will only improve at home. I expect Nolan to have some tricks up his sleeve for the Jets.
:jests:

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:20 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Zach on Dolphins-Jets, the young D and being in Jets box
Zach for the ring of honor....JT for the ring around the toilet!

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]