Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:27 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:00 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Not just this week. Speculation he could be out for a month or more.

I wonder if a certain owner begins to lose patience...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:01 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:

Do you mean our 81 year old owner who isn't getting any younger?

Dolphins OL and Tua.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:10 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:

Break out the orange carpet and Tiger stripes baby! D Watt time!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:13 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Grier has to be gone. He pissed away so many high picks and achieved nothing. We have a roster of average to below average talent. X is just about the only high caliber player on the team. When Grier does draft a good player, the coaching staff can’t keep them happy, or seeks to trade them for a magic bean stalk. What an incompetent organization. There is a reason opening day at home featured more Bills fans than Dolfans.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:15 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Candelabramia may finally get his wish with a front office shake up if Tua is hurt long term and the OL continues to disappoint.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:16 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Ok, Phinished too

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:22 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Candelabramia may finally get his wish with a front office shake up if Tua is hurt long term and the OL continues to disappoint.

You & I both know none of this is a surprise. If the front office is starting to feel a little less confident in Tua over an early season injury then they drafted the wrong guy & should only be questioning themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:49 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
jammer wrote:

You & I both know none of this is a surprise. If the front office is starting to feel a little less confident in Tua over an early season injury then they drafted the wrong guy & should only be questioning themselves.

I still think the OL is fixed by kicking both Eichenberg and Hunt outside...and by fixed I mean there will be at least average play. There is work to be done there.

Hard part to gauge on Tua is whether or not he is just a quick slant/screen and 50/50 ball guy, or is there more to offer? The RPO offense sort of worked in Week 1 but was clearly exposed in Week 2.

Trading for Watson sounds flashy, but I'm not sure it solves things. For a mobile QB he took 62, 44 and 49 sacks over the last 3 seasons. Will he produce a Super Bowl with Miami's current conditions?

May sound crazy, but if Miami wants to make a QB change next year then take a flyer on guys who will be shown the door in February/March. Maybe trade for Drew Lock (will be very cheap) or sign Jimmy Garropolo to see if he is the new Alex Smith. I know you guys laugh at my Lock suggestion, but his highlight reel against Miami last year was very good. And he has the arm to open up more throws. Also won't cost your entire draft.

This is all very premature. Tua may be back in a month and proves to be the guy. I just fear getting Watson here and losing all draft capital will have the team be the Texans all over again. He'll want out when Grier keeps making questionable OL and RB selections.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:17 pm 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

jammer wrote:

Patience when you got the same putrid offensive line for 15 years or so? I believe when it comes to Dolphins, there has been an abundance of patience. Until U see a whole new offensive line replaced at once, I have seen nothing but a lack of urgency from GMs, owners, and coaches.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:08 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Correct...He is too small, he can not take hits. Coaching staff pulls him out on QB sneaks.

Jammer, I'm with you on Drew Lock. Could it get worse? Journey man Jacoby? We are done.....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:13 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

3 days later and after negative xrays and now they are saying fractured ribs. What gives??

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:15 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

FINesse wrote:
3 days later and after negative xrays and now they are saying fractured ribs. What gives??

Dolphins doctors. Remember Drew Brees and Culpepper (I hate to bring that up). Let's not forget forcing OJ McDuffie to play with a serious injury (it was a different time back then).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:54 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If they can not field a competent line, then they need a QB who can win with his legs. Sadly, they passed on Lamar Jackson. I would have too though….I rhought he was one dimensional and boy was that wrong. Just draft a speedy, elusive QB with size….who is out there? Oklahoma’s QB factory is on pause right now….Rattler is not all that speedy or shifty.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:33 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

jammer wrote:

Hey, I like that nic! Can I use it?

Regarding this front office that has frustrated, disappointed and appears on the edge of crushing all hope from the ultra loyal fans that are desperate to believe in them, it may not a bad idea to dump them in the dumpsters out back, given their track record with top picks, FA signings (and millions flushed down the toilets), and the left overs they pick up, trying to plus holes, that the coaches can’t seem to use. Giving up those picks, that would otherwise be wasted, should the opportunity present itself for Watson would be about the smartest move they can make and maybe save their jobs, although that might actually work against the primary goal of cleaning house upstairs.

If this was xmas, I would wish for Watson and a new offensive coaching staff that would have a clue how to best use him, not this useless bunch Flores had hired on the cheap. If one watches enough football on Sundays, and I generally see and/or record half a dozen games, a lot of NFL teams are reported to have offensive line problems, but coaching, system, scheme, a QB with instincts and superior mobility can often help disguise or cover for it.

Oh, and a running back that is able to move the pile and gain yards after contact. Grier has mastered the act of bypassing those available in the last two drafts at least.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:58 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

carreramia wrote:
Hey, I like that nic! Can I use it?

Was hoping you would. Has a nice ring to it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:07 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

carreramia wrote:
If this was xmas, I would wish for Watson and a new offensive coaching staff that would have a clue how to best use him, not this useless bunch Flores had hired on the cheap. If one watches enough football on Sundays, and I generally see and/or record half a dozen games, a lot of NFL teams are reported to have offensive line problems, but coaching, system, scheme, a QB with instincts and superior mobility can often help disguise or cover for it.

Oh, and a running back that is able to move the pile and gain yards after contact. Grier has mastered the act of bypassing those available in the last two drafts at least.

I know I'm a broken record today on this, but I think there are some things you can fix internally. The power running back is not one of them unless they want to give Doaks a shot.

Make Eichenberg the LT and Hunt the RT. Use more play action roll outs (worked well for Tua last year) and target some intermediate throws to mix it up.

Hate to say it, but less Gesicki and more Smythe/Long at TE to assist in blocking.

The one thing you cannot fix at this point is the offensive coordinator situation. Have to ride the current bunch and hope they have more than the RPO in their arsenal.

If Tua is truly hurt maybe the answer is getting a mobile QB with a better arm. I've suggested Lock but if there is another name I'm missing I'm all ears. I don't think Watson is a realistic answer. I pointed out how he has been sacked mercilessly the last three years and his legal troubles look grim at best.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:12 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
If Tua is truly hurt maybe the answer is getting a mobile QB with a better arm. I've suggested Lock but if there is another name I'm missing I'm all ears. I don't think Watson is a realistic answer. I pointed out how he has been sacked mercilessly the last three years and his legal troubles look grim at best.

Is Brian Hoyer’s corpse still warming a bench on some NFL team?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:56 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:

If this is the case. Then this is the problem with the Phins. Football owners who know nothing about football, need to stay away from the teams decisions

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:03 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Just so you don't think I'm giving up on Tua.

Baker Mayfield is the exact same size. Threw 26 TDs and 25 Ints his 2nd season in the league. Was 12-17 as a starter in those two seasons.

There is time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:41 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think they aren’t in a rush to bring him back more out of a desire to preserve him than because he necessarily needs a ton of time to recuperate. Flores wants to buy himself some time to fix that oline. Brisset is more likely to survive than Tua is behind this putrescence we call an oline. That’s not a knock on Tua. I wouldn’t put Brady behind this line either. I haven’t seen such incompetence on this line since the Sporano and Cam days. Anyone under center deserves hazard pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:16 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

NOW is the time to rework that offensive line. The quality I liked from Brissett when he played for my school, NC State, is his mental and physical toughness in the pocket. He can handle it, and most of all, he isn't our proposed franchise QB.

Daniel Oyefusi (Miami Herald) wrote:
Flores was noncommittal when asked whether Tagovailoa would be placed on injured reserve, which would sideline him for at least three games.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/ ... rylink=cpy

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
According to prominent sports medical doctor David Chao - who does media work - Tagovailoa is likely to miss multiple weeks. If he misses three games, he would sit out games against the Raiders, Colts and Tampa Bay but could be back against Jaguars in London on Oct. 17.

Chao said Tagovailoa would be at risk of a punctured lung if he returns too soon from the injury.

NFL Network had consistently and incorrectly reported all week that Tagovailoa had only bruised ribs, not fractured ribs.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:48 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

They were bruised then he stood up and fractured them.....unbreakable.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:05 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Just did a little digging on Deshaun Watson. He is 1.5 inches taller than Tua and weighs the same. He's already broken his clavicle in college, tore his ACL in the NFL and has some back issues. I pointed out that he has been sacked 69, 44 and 49 times in his three seasons as a starter.

How about we give Tua the rest of the season to see what he does (even if it means missing a few games) before trading the entire war chest for Watson?

You want to flip a 5th to Denver for Drew Lock? I'm on board. Or the same for another upside guy? Go for it. That at least hedges in the event Tua is down for an extended period.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:28 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Not to mention there is no precedent in over a century of NFL history where a team traded away three 1st round picks for a QB and won a championship. Miami would be real trailblazers here…

Trailblazers of stupidity. Screw Watson.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:44 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Who is the best multi-dimensional QB with NFL size, weight, speed coming out of college this year? We need a guy with speed and elusiveness and with a decent level of intelligence. He needs to be fast because this team seems determined to never have an even mediocre offensive line. They would have had better drafts if they had just thrown darts at a board.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:52 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Phinished wrote:
Who is the best multi-dimensional QB with NFL size, weight, speed coming out of college this year? We need a guy with speed and elusiveness and with a decent level of intelligence. He needs to be fast because this team seems determined to never have an even mediocre offensive line. They would have had better drafts if they had just thrown darts at a board.

Not going to lie, I've already started looking at the QB crop for next year (I do it every year). However, it is pointless because Ross isn't going to wait on another rookie to develop.

If Tua fails I think Ross will force the GMs hand (probably won't be Grier) to either trade for Watson (if he is eligible to play) or make a big move for Aaron Rodgers. Actually the latter wouldn't shock me at all and I could see Ross granting Rodgers personnel power the way Tom Brady is allowed to pick his targets in Tampa.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:54 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Phinished wrote:

If by some miracle Miami did target a 1st Round guy next year the names to watch right now are Malik Willis, Spencer Rattler, Matt Corral, Sam Howell and Carson Strong. Willis and Corral are getting the most buzz right now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:55 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phinished wrote:
He needs to be fast because this team seems determined to never have an even mediocre offensive line.

I found this way funnier than what it was probably meant to be, what if we find somebody with this kinda level of athleticism though?

He can do all the crazy fall on the ground shh he wants, down is only DOWN until he gets touched by a defender. Do we really need OL?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:40 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Let me see him jump over 11 bulls and you're on to something East

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:20 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Phinished wrote:

If by some miracle Miami did target a 1st Round guy next year the names to watch right now are Malik Willis, Spencer Rattler, Matt Corral, Sam Howell and Carson Strong. Willis and Corral are getting the most buzz right now.

I have watched a lot of Rattler and I do not see him as an improvement at all over Tua. He just is not elusive enough and really, he goes down with first contact. He benefits from a stout, well-coached O line. By the way, we should just draft linemen from Oklahoma and Oregon….two schools who always seem to have great lines. Malik Willis looks awesome, but he is not playing in a top conference. His stats today against Syracuse were good though….anybody see that game today?

Last edited by Phinished on Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:25 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Phinished wrote:
He needs to be fast because this team seems determined to never have an even mediocre offensive line.

I found this way funnier than what it was probably meant to be, what if we find somebody with this kinda level of athleticism though?

He can do all the crazy fall on the ground shh he wants, down is only DOWN until he gets touched by a defender. Do we really need OL?

No…you got it right! That is exactly the kind of athlete we will need at QB till Grier and the offensive coaches are gone. Randall Cunningham kind of athletic….or, Lamar Jackson….who we passed on….and man, I did not see him translating so well to the NFL either. Could we get Malik Willis in this year’s draft….we stupidly swapped picks with the 49ers though…iirc.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:07 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

This from an orthopedic surgeon.

Barry Jackson (Miami Herald) wrote:
As for Tagovailoa, the Dolphins aren’t certain when he will be healthy enough to play. NFL Network reported he will miss between one and three games.

Dr. Marvin Smith, an orthopedic surgeon and vice chief of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery for Memorial Healthcare System in South Florida, said in a phone interview that with fractured ribs, “you can expect anywhere from four to six weeks to heal but you can get players back sooner than four to six weeks with protection [such as a flak jacket] or an injection for pain.

“Because the initial X-rays at Hard Rock were negative on Tua, that says it’s a nondisplaced fracture. If it was one rib involved with a nondisplaced fracture, it could be two to three weeks and you could inject him with nerve block to numb the area.” The Dolphins have said he fractured multiple ribs.

Smith said the risk with the injection to manage pain is that “the lungs are very close to the rib cage. We see what happened with Tyrod Taylor when they treated him with nerve block.” Last season, the Chargers’ team doctor accidentally punctured Taylor’s lung while administering the painkiller.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:39 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Phinished wrote:
I have watched a lot of Rattler and I do not see him as an improvement at all over Tua. He just is not elusive enough and really, he goes down with first contact. He benefits from a stout, well-coached O line. By the way, we should just draft linemen from Oklahoma and Oregon….two schools who always seem to have great lines. Malik Willis looks awesome, but he is not playing in a top conference. His stats today against Syracuse were good though….anybody see that game today?

I'm with you on both guys. If teams look past the conference than Willis could go very early in the draft. Rattler was the big name heading into the season but seems destined to be that guy who falls to late Day 2.

I like this Corral guy from Ole Miss. Has a little Baker Mayfield to his game although I'm not sure if his arm is as good.

Howell looks like another Darnold, which I like, but will need good coaching with his mechanics and learn to set his feet better.

Strong has a different style of release but his arm is legit.

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]