View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
 Chad Henne is officially a STUD QB 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Chad Henne is officially a STUD QB
363 yds 2 TD vs. the JETS????

We have our franchise QB! The same D held Tom Brady to 248 yds!

Hear that Henning???? Let the kid PLAY!

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:56 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Chad Henne is officially a STUD QB
And stop the freaking Wildcat and spread formations. Learn how to run the counters, screens and draws. Henne needs to stay in the game not sit plays out.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:27 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dolfanrar wrote:
And stop the freaking Wildcat and spread formations. Learn how to run the counters, screens and draws. Henne needs to stay in the game not sit plays out.

Do you understand that he is taken out on running plays for an extra blocker.....He wasn't going to pass anyway :hithead:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:43 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Wildcat = death

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:52 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

The wildcat wasn't ran 1 play yesterday. It was a spread offense with RB taking the direct snap. Its not the Wildcat Miami rolled out against NE. It is Hennings mad insistence that this formation has merit despite 19 games of evidence it only hurts Miami. Pat White is out there laughing because that formation ruined his career.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:14 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

kev1321 wrote:
Dolfanrar wrote:

Do you understand that he is taken out on running plays for an extra blocker.....He wasn't going to pass anyway :hithead:

And his point was to not use those plays as they take Henne off the field...

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:28 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

All right people I said Wildcat and spread formations and my point was that it makes no sense to keep taking Henne off the field for plays here and there. It is like taking your shooting guard out of a basketball game just after he hits three 3 pointers in a row. It makes no sense and is not fooling anyone.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:40 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Henne > Henning

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:52 am

I'm with you. This now dates back 19 games to the Pat White experiment. It hasn't produced a single big play that changed a game but its killed more drives than I can think of.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:53 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ok how about this, let Henne call Hennings playbook on the field.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:56 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Henne is still developing but showed a ton last night. Every game can't be a gem, but I hope the days of 15 passing attempts are over. He clearly has more confidence than I thought at this point and throws an extremely nice ball.

I do get irked when after the game all you hear are analysts saying "Sanchez is growing up before our eyes." The love affair is sickening. The guy had a good game but almost threw it away three or four times in the second half. Sure Henne was picked on a desperation pass, but I thought he did a better job of avoiding ill-advised throws. That is "growing up before our eyes."

Same goes for discussions of Ryan and Flacco. Seems their futures are secure in the media's eyes. Henne is going to be around for a while and is as much a franchise QB as the three previously mentioned.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:06 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

That was Henne's first pick of the season, and it was a forced force. We can give him a pass on that one. 363 yards with 2 scores is elite type numbers against the Jets. Here's the biggest stat: 8.3 avg!

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:17 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Henne is still on his way, but he is not a stud QB. Stud Qbs at least score a TD at the end of the game when they have the ball at the 11.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:41 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Was definately the type of game they needed I think. Aside from the L.

But to see Marshall get over 100 & Bess & Hartline have great games right along side, Henne throwing that many times without a pick.

I dont count that last play either. He had to take a chance..

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:42 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Dolfanrar wrote:

Draws, counters and screen are out of the playbook because our O-line can't pull to save their lives.

Thank God Henning let Henne sling it. About time.

Ditch the freekin WildCat, and this offense is a 25-27 PPG type of team like we saw last night.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
Was definately the type of game they needed I think. Aside from the L.

But to see Marshall get over 100 & Bess & Hartline have great games right along side, Henne throwing that many times without a pick.

I dont count that last play either. He had to take a chance..

Both Bess and Hartline had over 80 yards each. Great games by all 3 receivers.

The last pass was a matter of location. 6-10" to the left and Fasano has a much better chance at making the catch, even in triple coverage.

Either way, there is still one thing he needs to learn after that game (and this is despite him playing otherwise near flawless): at that point in a game (score a TD or go home), he needs to trust his go-to guy, not the what the scheme calls for. Almost certainly Marshall was double covered from the get-go, so Henne continued in his progression according to the play that was called and ended up throwing to a TRIPLE covered Fasano because he was essentially out of time (surely that coverage on Fasano wasn't by design).

I don't care if they had 10 guys covering Marshall on the LOS, that is where the ball should have gone ON ALL 4 DOWNS from the 11. Marshall used every DB that was on him ALL GAME. He caught balls in traffic. He caught balls in double coverage. He made Cromartie look absolutely foolish and incompetent. The safety on him was never a factor at all during the game. He owned that secondary in every respect. Marshall single-handedly changed the way that the Jets played us defensively. There was no reason in the world not to throw the ball to him other than the play dictated that if Marshall is initially double covered, to pass him by.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I agree about Marshall. I am going to make the assumption that Henne wasn't totally clear on what exactly Marshall could do.

He knows now.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:25 am

dolphinjim wrote:
I agree about Marshall. I am going to make the assumption that Henne wasn't totally clear on what exactly Marshall could do.

He knows now.

He does need to learn to look at other guys as well. He missed two clear TD opportunities by missing a WO hartline in the endzone on two occasions. A QB who has truly arrived in the NFL doesn't miss those very often.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:39 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Henne will be the man in time, it takes time to develop a franchise quarterback. By this time two years from now, Henne will be the best quarterback in the AFC East, maybe even the league. If we bring in more weapons for him and we continue to bolster the offensive line we could have a truly amazing passing attack! Maybe even one that could rival those of past Dolphins teams?

Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:36 pm

NFLJunkie wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

He knows now.

He does need to learn to look at other guys as well. He missed two clear TD opportunities by missing a WO hartline in the endzone on two occasions. A QB who has truly arrived in the NFL doesn't miss those very often.

What two plays are you referring to?

Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:14 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
Henne will be the man in time, it takes time to develop a franchise quarterback. By this time two years from now, Henne will be the best quarterback in the AFC East, maybe even the league. If we bring in more weapons for him and we continue to bolster the offensive line we could have a truly amazing passing attack! Maybe even one that could rival those of past Dolphins teams?

I guess you're assuming the possibility of the current QB kings, Brady, Manning, Brees, will be out of the league in just 2 years?

As long as Brady is in the league, Henne will have a hard time being the best QB in the division, much less the league. I'm not taking anything away from him, but I would like to point out that after 1 great game, you're ready to anoint him king of the hill.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:39 pm
Profile WWW

eleaf wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

I guess you're assuming the possibility of the current QB kings, Brady, Manning, Brees, will be out of the league in just 2 years?

As long as Brady is in the league, Henne will have a hard time being the best QB in the division, much less the league. I'm not taking anything away from him, but I would like to point out that after 1 great game, you're ready to anoint him king of the hill.

Henne is not a Brees, Brady or Manning. He's not even a Rivers or Rogers. But he can be a very good QB. A pre-injury Carson Palmer type of a guy.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:59 pm

wkloiber13 wrote:
By this time two years from now, Henne will be the best quarterback in the AFC East, maybe even the league.

If there were an award for Blind Homer Post of the Year, you would win it in a landslide...

Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:03 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Living up here in Boston I get to hear the sports talk radio guys trash everyone not named Brady, although they will acknowledge Manning, Brees, Rodgers and Rivers. They especially love to trash the other QBs in the AFC East. Today they flat out said that Henne worries them and that he showed what he is capable of. They even said they didn't want to admit before, but he looked pretty good last year and now with Marshall they think Miami has something.

It was just nice to finally not hear his name in a negative light up here. That said, I'm not anointing him anything. He can be a very good QB and can take this team far. He's only started 16 games in his career and needs plenty of development. I will repeat what I said previously, I think he's shown he is just as much of a franchise option as the Ryan, Flacco and Sanchez media darlings.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:45 pm

Rich wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
By this time two years from now, Henne will be the best quarterback in the AFC East, maybe even the league.

If there were an award for Blind Homer Post of the Year, you would win it in a landslide...

:)

Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

:ann0y:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:13 pm

Put this video together...

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:29 pm

Nice video. Henne can make all the throws. I'm not sure why some people say he drops back too slowly. He seems to setup in the pocket just fine to me. And the ball is coming out very fast on most of those throws. Henne is very good out of the shotgun and the playaction is effective for the Dolphins.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:55 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

After watching that you would wonder why every pass is not either PA or shotgun.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:03 am

I think my favorite throw of the entire night was Hartline PI call. People talk about how throwing the 15 yard out is the most difficult throw in football....well that was a 35 yard out, from the opposite hash mark.

That's a 46 yard pass. And he threw it right on the money, where only Hartline could grab it, or, where he could draw the PI call. Unbelievable throw.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]