View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Number of arrests in AFC East since January 2009 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Number of arrests in AFC East since January 2009
We're #1!
:goteam:

Quote:
The number of arrests, per team, in the AFC East since January 2009, when Rex Ryan was named coach of the Jets:

Miami: 6.
Buffalo: 5.
New England: 1.
New York: 1.

I'm not minimizing the arrest of Braylon Edwards for DUI last Tuesday morning. And the egregiousness of it -- testing at twice the legal limit for drunkenness, being arrested after 5 a.m., and having two teammates in the car -- makes it fair game for critics who said the Jets should have pushing Edwards by not allowing him to play Sunday night in Miami. But I'm also asking for a little perspective in calling the Jets the outlaws of the NFL.

According to an arrest log kept by ProFootballTalk.com, there have been 22 players arrested for driving while impaired or DUI since Jan. 1, 2009. I went back and checked what happened to each player arrested, and not a single one who was a viable NFL player was kept out of his team's next game. Seven were either roster marginalia or practice-squadders who were cut by their teams and who I don't believe apply to those being kept out of their team's next game, because they weren't valued members of their teams. What happened to the other 15:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... ek3/3.html

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:12 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]