View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Great game 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Great game
you know last night as I was screaming at the tv.. jumping up and down like a nut every time we hit a golden play.. Throwing myself back at the easyboy every time they took our QB out of the game... (well you get the idea)

I have to say that was a great game to watch!
we made some mistakes no question.. But we just went toe to toe with a very good football team... and except for a few mistakes we would have won that game...
But more then that I have to say I am having a blast this year watching my Phins.. were never out of a game.. We have a QB who I feels gives us a chance to come from behind... The Def (not so much last night) has been playing amazing football..

Are we ready for the big dance.. not just yet.. But we are def moving down the right path..

I hate to lose.. I hate losing to the jets more then anything...but It's morning and I've had a chance to think about this game and this season so far.. We are playing better football thenn we have in years..

The O-line seems to be playing better every week!

What I hate

the jets....

The playcalling.. call it what you will.. but anytime you have a a hot hand.. stick with it.. Stop taking the QB out of the game when is is pushing the ball down the field..... hotest Off hands last night was the passing game.. why in the hell do you want to reduce the snaps of the qb.. Someone clue me in on this one..

Can we please get the running game back into the game without all the trick plays that simply are not working 75% of the time (prob being nice with that #)
But we the running game well it's just not there this year.. when we do run were sloppy.. maybe some more reps coach?
someone get Ricky some stickum!

did anyone else almost cry after 1/2 time when the interviewd Tony and he told them "we need to get more wildcat plays in?"

anyway I've been away from the boards a bit.. glad I found my way back! I think were in for a good year.. and a better future...!

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:31 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: Great game
randylvc wrote:
anyway I've been away from the boards a bit.. glad I found my way back! I think were in for a good year.. and a better future...!

Hey, welcome back. I agree ... it was a great game (just not a great ending). I think this team plays with a lot of heart. You cannot be unhappy when they leave it all on the field.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:33 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I used a lot of curse words last night...

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:37 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Hi Dave Glad to see your still running this joint..

I ran under the name Flexster long time ago.. back in the Trock days.. How I miss reading his Post!

Seems my old log in stopped working so I made this one. Thanks for the welcome!

Heart is the word for sure! be honest folks. when is the last time you could watch an end of game now or nothing, come from behind drive.. and not go "OH NO" We have a solid Young QB at last! and they got him some tools... loving it...

I hate we share the field with baseball.... alwasy a few plays or kicks a year that get effected because of it.. last night was one of them... what can you do :)

Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:42 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Big Dave wrote:
randylvc wrote:

Hey, welcome back. I agree ... it was a great game (just not a great ending). I think this team plays with a lot of heart. You cannot be unhappy when they leave it all on the field.

I disagree. The defense did leave a lot on the field. They were slow laterally, slow to react to slow developing plays, didn't pressure the QB, and got no penetration in the 2nd half against the run.

The offense was amazing. The Defense clearly needed, and hopefully got a wake up call.

The Indy and NO games last year were just devastating, but this was a much tougher loss than any I can remember. I can't wait till Monday Night to get this taste out of my mouth.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
randylvc wrote:

I disagree. The defense did leave a lot on the field. They were slow laterally, slow to react to slow developing plays, didn't pressure the QB, and got no penetration in the 2nd half against the run.

The offense was amazing. The Defense clearly needed, and hopefully got a wake up call.

The Indy and NO games last year were just devastating, but this was a much tougher loss than any I can remember. I can't wait till Monday Night to get this taste out of my mouth.

If I had to pin it on one aspect, I would point out Y Bell. He was eaten alive in both coverage AND it seems like he took a girls course on tackling this week. He was in direct coverage on 2 passing TDs (the 2nd one he didn't even attempt to make a play on the ball), and allowed guys to get 1st downs in places I've seen him crush would-be first down getters. That was a bad a game as I've seen him have.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Quote:
If I had to pin it on one aspect, I would point out Y Bell. He was eaten alive in both coverage AND it seems like he took a girls course on tackling this week. He was in direct coverage on 2 passing TDs , and allowed guys(the 2nd one he didn't even attempt to make a play on the ball) to get 1st downs in places I've seen him crush would-be first down getters. That was a bad a game as I've seen him have.

I was wondering if anyone else saw that. I almost couldn't believe my eyes. Carpenter was hustling back trying desperately to get into position and Bell appeared to just stand there in the back of the endzone watching it all. Not sure what is going on there.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]