All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:49 pm 

Our defense certainly put the clamps on. Carolina had only 3 good plays all game:
1. Long pass to DJ Moore, which led to a TD.
2. Picked up the fumbled snap and returned it inside the 20 on the next to last play of the first half, which led to a FG.
3. Fake punt to pick up a first down.

Newton was awful, going 5-19 with a couple of picks and several sacks. Thus far his backup has been worse. If Miami's defense had played this way all season, we would be 8-4, not 5-7.

Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:05 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Great game today. The offensive line continues to suck horribly, but we were able to run out the clock running the ball a little and to keep their defense honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:16 pm 

Phin wrote:
Great game today. The offensive line continues to suck horribly, but we were able to run out the clock running the ball a little and to keep their defense honest.

I disagree. The OL has improved from "sucked horribly" to "was rather mediocre."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:34 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Wow.

Quote:
Grier's 2021 Draft Class today:

Waddle 9 catches 137 yards 1 TD

Jaelan Phillips 4 tackles 3 Sacks 1 PD 4 QB hits

Jevon Holland 1 tackle 1 PD 1 Int

https://twitter.com/exclusvty/status/14 ... 0954718223

Quote:
Tua vs the #1-ranked pass defense in the NFL:

27/31 (87.1%)
230 yards
1 TD
108.3 passer rating

https://twitter.com/Dolphin_Nation/stat ... 9057872898

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:38 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Tua carried the offense again. He hung in there and made some great throws today….none bigger than the perfect toss under duress that hit Waddle in stride for a huge gain. Tua did it against a top ranked pass defense….very impressive. The big plus today, no stupid turnovers. He should not have tried to scoop and run that bad snap….but the center is the man who blew that play.

I finally saw the coach use Ahmed’s speed. On two short downs, they gave inside run looks and tossed outside to Ahmed who used his jets to easily get first downs. Now if only they woukd use him in the passing game.

Lindsay looked good to me….might actually be the guy you want carrying the load. He finishes runs and hits the hole/crease quickly. Go figure we might have a starter off of the garbage heap.

Defense was awesome again, other then X man watching DJ blow by him for a huge gainer. The defensive line dominated….

The offensive line is still awful. They gave up sacks and pressures, the center had two disastrous low snaps. Austin Jackson with two bonehead penalties. Tua is just making do….

Wow…a complete victory. Why did this team lose easy games? I still see 8-9 and Flores survives. Grier is likely going to luck out and survive because he acquired 3 solid starters with Waddle, Phillips and Holland. But man, the big whiffs in 2020 and more make me want this guy gone.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:01 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Without question the top 3 from the 2021 draft class have been very good.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:04 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Fish Baron wrote:
Without question the top 3 from the 2021 draft class have been very good.

Although I think the moving up and down and giving up picks to acquire Waddle smack of Grier outsmarting himself.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:24 pm 

Tua has turned into a surgeon out there, even though he still doesn't have that much time to throw, even though there isn't much of a running threat, and even though he only has one WR who is better than average. He will only get better when those three things improve, which they will. His arm may get slightly stronger, but he won't ever have an arm that is better than the NFL average.

I think he has answered all the questions and Miami isn't going to look for another QB. Yes, we could probably get Watson, but that wouldn't be the best use of our NFL-best cap space. We should use that cap space to fix those three areas above and resign Gesicki. Draft a LB, RB, and OL with our first three picks, in some order. Pick up a starting caliber WR and top OL in free agency.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:49 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

prof123 wrote:
Tua has turned into a surgeon out there, even though he still doesn't have that much time to throw, even though there isn't much of a running threat, and even though he only has one WR who is better than average. He will only get better when those three things improve, which they will. His arm may get slightly stronger, but he won't ever have an arm that is better than the NFL average.

I think he has answered all the questions and Miami isn't going to look for another QB. Yes, we could probably get Watson, but that wouldn't be the best use of our NFL-best cap space. We should use that cap space to fix those three areas above and resign Gesicki. Draft a LB, RB, and OL with our first three picks, in some order. Pick up a starting caliber WR and top OL in free agency.

I know a lot of Miami fans love Gesicki. I like him, but I'd rather do a franchise tag with him and then trade him. Disappears more than I like.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:55 pm 

Dphins4me wrote:
prof123 wrote:

I know a lot of Miami fans love Gesicki. I like him, but I'd rather do a franchise tag with him and then trade him. Disappears more than I like.

I guess it depends what he costs. I don't think there is such a thing as a TE "disappearing", at least not in the sense that it is his fault, unless it is obvious he is just jogging his routes. Now, DL and LB can disappear, and that is a bad thing. But with a TD, it just means the offense is going elsewhere for reasons that are hard for us to determine as fans. Maybe he is drawing double coverage and freeing up space for others. Gesicki doesn't drop many passes and he plays with emotion. If we can sign him for five years at $70 million, I'd do that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:21 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We won’t likely have Tua come next season. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t demand a trade. Miami botched this whole thing with him and deserve whatever comes their way.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:29 pm 

Phin wrote:
We won’t likely have Tua come next season. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t demand a trade. Miami botched this whole thing with him and deserve whatever comes their way.

I don't think so. If they finish around 500 after that 1-7 start and tell Tua he is the man, he'll just move forward. He is a better man than to whine about stuff like that -- he's no prima donna. Besides, he isn't really in position to demand a trade.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:32 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

prof123 wrote:
Phin wrote:

I don't think so. If they finish around 500 after that 1-7 start and tell Tua he is the man, he'll just move forward. He is a better man than to whine about stuff like that -- he's no prima donna. Besides, he isn't really in position to demand a trade.

While I agree that he is a classy dude, if he finishes the season with the streak he is on, he will absolutely have position to demand a trade. I’m putting it at better than 50% he asks for a trade.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:37 pm 

Tua looked great as did the D. Tua’s coming out party? I hope so

Post subject: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:46 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
Tua looked great as did the D. Tua’s coming out party? I hope so

Thought you already wrote him off?
He did well today. He is building confidence and knowledge week to week.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:03 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:

I agree. He plays more like a Harlem Globetrotter than being a real asset on an NFL team. I definitely get why he’s a team favorite but he’s more myth than reality for me.

When I see him on social media he reminds me of Odell Beckham, obsessed with emulating his circus catches on Instagram. I’m no doubt being a little harsh but still feel most of this to be true.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:35 pm 

I did not like the pick Phin and it’s still in the air. I’ll give credit where credit is due.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:55 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
I did not like the pick Phin and it’s still in the air. I’ll give credit where credit is due.

His injuries are the biggest concern for me. If he isn’t available, it won’t matter how good he gets. I’m hoping that the worst is behind him, but that might be wishful thinking.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:58 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Did anyone notice ask Albert Wilson on that third down play in the fourth quarter with 7:30 left? Dude has the first down and then ran backwards a couple yards to “make a bigger play,” I guess. Boneheaded
I’ve seen him do similar moves before rather than taking the yardage he can get.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:26 pm 

Phin wrote:
Did anyone notice ask Albert Wilson on that third down play in the fourth quarter with 7:30 left? Dude has the first down and then ran backwards a couple yards to “make a bigger play,” I guess. Boneheaded
I’ve seen him do similar moves before rather than taking the yardage he can get.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. I don't mind it if he still gets the first down. It is fine to risk a few yards in order to have a chance for a big play. But, he needs to know where the first-down marker is -- that is the first priority.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:55 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

prof123 wrote:
Phin wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that, too. I don't mind it if he still gets the first down. It is fine to risk a few yards in order to have a chance for a big play. But, he needs to know where the first-down marker is -- that is the first priority.

This is actually disappointing from a veteran. They should always know where the first down mark is. Getting the first down if priority one.

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]