All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1095
Our defense certainly put the clamps on. Carolina had only 3 good plays all game:
1. Long pass to DJ Moore, which led to a TD.
2. Picked up the fumbled snap and returned it inside the 20 on the next to last play of the first half, which led to a FG.
3. Fake punt to pick up a first down.

Newton was awful, going 5-19 with a couple of picks and several sacks. Thus far his backup has been worse. If Miami's defense had played this way all season, we would be 8-4, not 5-7.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:05 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 10829
Location: Fargo, ND
Great game today. The offensive line continues to suck horribly, but we were able to run out the clock running the ball a little and to keep their defense honest.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1095
Phin wrote:
Great game today. The offensive line continues to suck horribly, but we were able to run out the clock running the ball a little and to keep their defense honest.


I disagree. The OL has improved from "sucked horribly" to "was rather mediocre."


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 23165
Location: Raleigh, NC
Wow.




Quote:
Grier's 2021 Draft Class today:

Waddle 9 catches 137 yards 1 TD

Jaelan Phillips 4 tackles 3 Sacks 1 PD 4 QB hits

Jevon Holland 1 tackle 1 PD 1 Int


https://twitter.com/exclusvty/status/14 ... 0954718223


Quote:
Tua vs the #1-ranked pass defense in the NFL:

27/31 (87.1%)
230 yards
1 TD
108.3 passer rating


https://twitter.com/Dolphin_Nation/stat ... 9057872898

_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:38 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:28 pm
Posts: 2741
Tua carried the offense again. He hung in there and made some great throws today….none bigger than the perfect toss under duress that hit Waddle in stride for a huge gain. Tua did it against a top ranked pass defense….very impressive. The big plus today, no stupid turnovers. He should not have tried to scoop and run that bad snap….but the center is the man who blew that play.

I finally saw the coach use Ahmed’s speed. On two short downs, they gave inside run looks and tossed outside to Ahmed who used his jets to easily get first downs. Now if only they woukd use him in the passing game.

Lindsay looked good to me….might actually be the guy you want carrying the load. He finishes runs and hits the hole/crease quickly. Go figure we might have a starter off of the garbage heap.

Defense was awesome again, other then X man watching DJ blow by him for a huge gainer. The defensive line dominated….

The offensive line is still awful. They gave up sacks and pressures, the center had two disastrous low snaps. Austin Jackson with two bonehead penalties. Tua is just making do….

Wow…a complete victory. Why did this team lose easy games? I still see 8-9 and Flores survives. Grier is likely going to luck out and survive because he acquired 3 solid starters with Waddle, Phillips and Holland. But man, the big whiffs in 2020 and more make me want this guy gone.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:01 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:17 pm
Posts: 146
Without question the top 3 from the 2021 draft class have been very good.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:04 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:28 pm
Posts: 2741
The Fish Baron wrote:
Without question the top 3 from the 2021 draft class have been very good.


Although I think the moving up and down and giving up picks to acquire Waddle smack of Grier outsmarting himself.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1095
Tua has turned into a surgeon out there, even though he still doesn't have that much time to throw, even though there isn't much of a running threat, and even though he only has one WR who is better than average. He will only get better when those three things improve, which they will. His arm may get slightly stronger, but he won't ever have an arm that is better than the NFL average.

I think he has answered all the questions and Miami isn't going to look for another QB. Yes, we could probably get Watson, but that wouldn't be the best use of our NFL-best cap space. We should use that cap space to fix those three areas above and resign Gesicki. Draft a LB, RB, and OL with our first three picks, in some order. Pick up a starting caliber WR and top OL in free agency.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 7940
prof123 wrote:
Tua has turned into a surgeon out there, even though he still doesn't have that much time to throw, even though there isn't much of a running threat, and even though he only has one WR who is better than average. He will only get better when those three things improve, which they will. His arm may get slightly stronger, but he won't ever have an arm that is better than the NFL average.

I think he has answered all the questions and Miami isn't going to look for another QB. Yes, we could probably get Watson, but that wouldn't be the best use of our NFL-best cap space. We should use that cap space to fix those three areas above and resign Gesicki. Draft a LB, RB, and OL with our first three picks, in some order. Pick up a starting caliber WR and top OL in free agency.

I know a lot of Miami fans love Gesicki. I like him, but I'd rather do a franchise tag with him and then trade him. Disappears more than I like.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1095
Dphins4me wrote:
prof123 wrote:
Tua has turned into a surgeon out there, even though he still doesn't have that much time to throw, even though there isn't much of a running threat, and even though he only has one WR who is better than average. He will only get better when those three things improve, which they will. His arm may get slightly stronger, but he won't ever have an arm that is better than the NFL average.

I think he has answered all the questions and Miami isn't going to look for another QB. Yes, we could probably get Watson, but that wouldn't be the best use of our NFL-best cap space. We should use that cap space to fix those three areas above and resign Gesicki. Draft a LB, RB, and OL with our first three picks, in some order. Pick up a starting caliber WR and top OL in free agency.

I know a lot of Miami fans love Gesicki. I like him, but I'd rather do a franchise tag with him and then trade him. Disappears more than I like.


I guess it depends what he costs. I don't think there is such a thing as a TE "disappearing", at least not in the sense that it is his fault, unless it is obvious he is just jogging his routes. Now, DL and LB can disappear, and that is a bad thing. But with a TD, it just means the offense is going elsewhere for reasons that are hard for us to determine as fans. Maybe he is drawing double coverage and freeing up space for others. Gesicki doesn't drop many passes and he plays with emotion. If we can sign him for five years at $70 million, I'd do that.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:21 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 10829
Location: Fargo, ND
We won’t likely have Tua come next season. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t demand a trade. Miami botched this whole thing with him and deserve whatever comes their way.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1095
Phin wrote:
We won’t likely have Tua come next season. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t demand a trade. Miami botched this whole thing with him and deserve whatever comes their way.


I don't think so. If they finish around 500 after that 1-7 start and tell Tua he is the man, he'll just move forward. He is a better man than to whine about stuff like that -- he's no prima donna. Besides, he isn't really in position to demand a trade.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:32 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 10829
Location: Fargo, ND
prof123 wrote:
Phin wrote:
We won’t likely have Tua come next season. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t demand a trade. Miami botched this whole thing with him and deserve whatever comes their way.


I don't think so. If they finish around 500 after that 1-7 start and tell Tua he is the man, he'll just move forward. He is a better man than to whine about stuff like that -- he's no prima donna. Besides, he isn't really in position to demand a trade.

While I agree that he is a classy dude, if he finishes the season with the streak he is on, he will absolutely have position to demand a trade. I’m putting it at better than 50% he asks for a trade.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:37 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 9990
Tua looked great as did the D. Tua’s coming out party? I hope so


Top
   
 Post subject: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:46 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 10829
Location: Fargo, ND
Makchell wrote:
Tua looked great as did the D. Tua’s coming out party? I hope so

Thought you already wrote him off?
He did well today. He is building confidence and knowledge week to week.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 7524
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Dphins4me wrote:
I know a lot of Miami fans love Gesicki. I like him, but I'd rather do a franchise tag with him and then trade him. Disappears more than I like.


I agree. He plays more like a Harlem Globetrotter than being a real asset on an NFL team. I definitely get why he’s a team favorite but he’s more myth than reality for me.

When I see him on social media he reminds me of Odell Beckham, obsessed with emulating his circus catches on Instagram. I’m no doubt being a little harsh but still feel most of this to be true.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:35 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 9990
I did not like the pick Phin and it’s still in the air. I’ll give credit where credit is due.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:55 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 10829
Location: Fargo, ND
Makchell wrote:
I did not like the pick Phin and it’s still in the air. I’ll give credit where credit is due.

His injuries are the biggest concern for me. If he isn’t available, it won’t matter how good he gets. I’m hoping that the worst is behind him, but that might be wishful thinking.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:58 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 10829
Location: Fargo, ND
Did anyone notice ask Albert Wilson on that third down play in the fourth quarter with 7:30 left? Dude has the first down and then ran backwards a couple yards to “make a bigger play,” I guess. Boneheaded
I’ve seen him do similar moves before rather than taking the yardage he can get.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 am
Posts: 1095
Phin wrote:
Did anyone notice ask Albert Wilson on that third down play in the fourth quarter with 7:30 left? Dude has the first down and then ran backwards a couple yards to “make a bigger play,” I guess. Boneheaded
I’ve seen him do similar moves before rather than taking the yardage he can get.


Yeah, I noticed that, too. I don't mind it if he still gets the first down. It is fine to risk a few yards in order to have a chance for a big play. But, he needs to know where the first-down marker is -- that is the first priority.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dolphins/Panthers
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 23165
Location: Raleigh, NC
prof123 wrote:
Phin wrote:
Did anyone notice ask Albert Wilson on that third down play in the fourth quarter with 7:30 left? Dude has the first down and then ran backwards a couple yards to “make a bigger play,” I guess. Boneheaded
I’ve seen him do similar moves before rather than taking the yardage he can get.


Yeah, I noticed that, too. I don't mind it if he still gets the first down. It is fine to risk a few yards in order to have a chance for a big play. But, he needs to know where the first-down marker is -- that is the first priority.


This is actually disappointing from a veteran. They should always know where the first down mark is. Getting the first down if priority one.


_________________
* Follow Phinfever on FACEBOOK
* Follow Phinfever on TWITTER


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r