View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Is Henne the QB? 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Is Henne the QB?
Makchell wrote:
I'm talking about nitpicking one throw and using it to continue an argument against playing Henne, and frankly dismissing him altogether.

There is zero patience in a lot of this fan base, and I've never seen a QB have so many individual throws discussed as though they were the life and death of his career.

I'm just raising legitimate questions about our QB. Sorry that you have a 44oz big gulp will koolaid in it.

I'm sorry Chad Henne is supposed to be an All Pro already. I guess QB development is not in the vocabulary of Dolphins fans. Thank God we didn't draft Brees, Elway or Young.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:01 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

It was more than an overthrow; Henne overthrew him and threw it to the wrong spot by a long shot. It was just a poorly thrown ball.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:03 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'm sorry Chad Henne is supposed to be an All Pro already. I guess QB development is not in the vocabulary of Dolphins fans. Thank God we didn't draft Brees, Elway or Young.

Again, read the title of the thread. Is Henne the QB? Just asking.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:09 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:
Henne didn't have a great game today,
What did you not like about his game yesterday? I thought he played a really good game considering what happened this week & the fact I'm sure his confidence was shaken. He pushed the ball down the field, which is what most Miami fans have been wanting.

I know he threw a pick, but 40 Yd passes have a great likely hood of being picked.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:15 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:

Again, read the title of the thread. Is Henne the QB? Just asking.

Sounds like you already have your answer. With the evidence at hand I don't. You can call it kool aid if you want, I'm willing to give the guy more time.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Iowafin wrote:
It was an overthrow...that happens when you throw the ball over 40 yards, your accuracy drops...especially when Miami doesn't do it that often.

You need to understand something. There guys do not understand that the longer the throw the harder it is to be pinpoint accurate. They believe a NFL can drop the ball on the 20 Yd line from their own 40.

They do not understand that majority of deep passes are simply throw it up & let the guy run under it. If it in the right area, then that is all a Wr can ask for.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:20 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

you all are arguing over Henne's pick against the Titans right?

Bad throw vs bad read?

From what I remember, it was 3rd and 1, and our Running game wasnt going so hot. Im screaming at the screen to give it to Polite. It was only 1 yard to go. If we didnt make it, it would have ended up being a punt, and from the 45 ish too, so a short angled punt would have been the only thing left.

Ok so 3rd and 1, and we call a pass...... remember, Henne isnt allowed to audible, so he has to go with whatever he has lined up thanks to Henning. Lets throw this out there. WHAT IF, he overthrew a slot Bess, or a laser outlet to the RB? Would it have not resulted in a 4th and 1 punt and Tennessee possesion???

Ok so he overthrows Marshall, one-on-one against a great cornerback...... Interception, and Titans ball at like the 12 yard line....

Isnt that the same as a good punt?? Henne took a gamble on a big completion, and it ended up being a GOOD play. Tennessee got the ball with almost 90 yards to work with. An Incompletion would have yielded a punt anyways! Plus, it wasnt an overkick for a touchback. Bad throw, or bad read? well the Read was perfect, worst case scenario was a punt on the next play anyways. The throw? well are we going to sit here and actually judge the throw itself? It was a 40 yard pass, he wanted to put high, for a jump ball. Seeing how he connected a few deeper throws during the game, maybe he was putting a little too much on it. Either way, Henne completes what? 22% of his deep balls? Ok so he connected a few on the game, I think a bad throw might be slightly excuseable.

Either way, this INT by Henne merits no reason for criticism. It was a productive INT that would have yielded a punt either way. It didnt cause us a loss in field position. And it wasnt a drive killer, unless you actually thought Marshall was going to come down with it.... 3rd and 1 in their territory and Henning calls in a deep throw...... thats the judgement here. WHY NOT POLITE.. Mr ALMOST AUTOMATIC....... nah, lets fire a drive killing pass which has a risk-reward ratio as opposed to the 90% success rate of Polite. That boggles me.

This just further supports the BLAME HENNING theory, not Henne

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
OmarKelly RT @phinfan2003 Would you agree Dolphins called an "agressive" gameplan and it was our best offensive performance?> Yes, but.....

OmarKelly There are HR shots, doubles and singles called on just about every playcall. The QB decides what he swings for & if he needs max protection

http://www.phins.com/phins-urls.html

Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:39 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

10acjed wrote:
Henne's deep ball accuracy leaves alot to be desired. His touch pass deliver leaves alot to be desired.

Those are the two key elements I see for him as a young QB that can be taught and e can develop.

I dont know if he has what it takes to be "that guy" if you know what I mean...

When great or even real good QB's are on the field they demand respect. I dont get the feeling Henne has that element yet.
I worry cause I dont know if that is something you can teach...

Needless to say he should have been the starter yesterday. It told me the coaching staff sees him as a liability, and he is their guy, they picked him to run this offense

Very Good......I was saying things like this about a month ago......He also takes way to long to make his reads....

Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:28 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

LETS GET MICHAEL VICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:42 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

LA Fins Fan wrote:

DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK THE EAGLES WILL LET HIM GO??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:11 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phins Rock wrote:
LA Fins Fan wrote:

DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK THE EAGLES WILL LET HIM GO??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will not keep both of them at seasons end. Kolb is better than Henne as well!

Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:20 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:
LA Fins Fan wrote:

I'll pass on QB Dog Killer.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:20 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Oh please !! I will take him !!!

Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:43 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Hell no we should draft that Locker guy after our season goes down the drain.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:12 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

LA Fins Fan wrote:

They will not keep both of them at seasons end. Kolb is better than Henne as well!

Based on?

Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:37 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dphins4me wrote:
LA Fins Fan wrote:

Based on?

Exactly. What has Kevin Kolb done other than lose his starting job?

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:29 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

And I wanted Vick... Just sayin. Vick > Anybody on the roster.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:36 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

jammer wrote:
Makchell wrote:
I'm talking about nitpicking one throw and using it to continue an argument against playing Henne, and frankly dismissing him altogether.

There is zero patience in a lot of this fan base, and I've never seen a QB have so many individual throws discussed as though they were the life and death of his career.

I'm just raising legitimate questions about our QB. Sorry that you have a 44oz big gulp will koolaid in it.

Tell that to Mark Sanchez, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Peyton Manning, and Colt Mccoy !!!

Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:41 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

LA Fins Fan wrote:
Tell that to Mark Sanchez, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Peyton Manning, and Colt Mccoy !!!

Mark Sanchez and Colt McCoy are All Pro QBs? Wow.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:50 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I guess David Hyde thinks Miami has already made its long term decision on Henne.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/ ... after.html

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:02 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Phins Rock wrote:
LA Fins Fan wrote:

WHY ARE YOU GUYS YELLING? :ann0y:

Vick will be out for big $$ contract this off season... Whoever signs him will be signing thier franchise QB. And they will get exactly what the see, a very gifted athelete.....

He did his time, payed his fines. I dont agree at all with what he did, but people make mistakes and deserve second chances... We dont exactly have a team full of fine upstanding citizens if ya catch my drift...

I wont hate it if he comes here. But I really doubt this regime is going to go get Vick this off season. We will have too much money tied up in just a few players.

LA Fins Fan wrote:

Your mixing the wrong guy in there.... Peyton has proven to be one of the greatest QB's to play the game...
The same cant be said about the rest..

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:51 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
Henne didn't have a great game today,
What did you not like about his game yesterday?

I believe this was a comment from the Ravens game. I hope you didn't think he had a "great" game;)

Dphins4me wrote:
I know he threw a pick, but 40 Yd passes have a great likely hood of being picked.

It was a bad throw, but I am not going to crucify him for one bad pass. I am happy that he took the chance to throw it deep .... and it was more difficult than most deep passes as Marshall was running at a diagonal and not straight up the field.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:

Dphins4me wrote:

It was. I missed a 5 day jump in dates.

Big Dave wrote:

It was a bad throw, but I am not going to crucify him for one bad pass. I am happy that he took the chance to throw it deep .... and it was more difficult than most deep passes as Marshall was running at a diagonal and not straight up the field.
Yea, to many are nit picking every throw.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This is true. I like Henne, but I also like Penny and I would love to see Thigpen through a game. All three of them have made mistakes. Nobody is perfect. Bad play, learn and move on.

Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:58 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

THere were a lot plays to be made today. Wallace should have held onto the ball, the playcalling was dumb (3rd 8, hand off, WTF?), Carrol could have waon the game for us, and special teams are still killing us. BUT...no matter what you guys think, it all starts with the QB. He shows no emotion or leadership and he is constantly inconsistant. Can he have one game without a pick? There is nothing wrong with questioning the QB. I read posts insulting memebers that want to give up on Henne and then they are name called and they don't know football? The Browns are a good team? Please, spare me. Our defense gave an effort that should have won this game. It all starts with the QB. I don't know about giving up on Henne, but I do believe we need a QB that can challenge him. You never know if we hit on a gem in the draft. From what we have seen up to this point, it would be stupid for the coaching staff to think that Henne is the future. Maybe he is, but we need to consider drafting a QB high.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6