View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Is Henne the QB? 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Is Henne the QB?
I'm not a bandwagon jumper but stats don't lie. A stat that doesn't lie is the QBs TD/INT ratio. I said it year ago to some friends about Jay Cutler and the reason that Denver traded him. His TD/INT ratio is horrible. Now, look at Henne's TD/INT over his carreer. The dude has thrown more picks than TDs. I'm not ready to give up on him by no means, but would it really hurt draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rd to see what else is out there? I say yeah. We need consistancy, not a QB that can light it up and then have a game like this, we will never win a SB, guranteed. I've watched football for way too long and QBs like Henne don't win SBs. I know it's only the 4th game, but come on. Look at the Rams, a QB can make a diff. Look around the league and the Cardinals are horrible because they lost a good QB. Think about it for a second. I'm just saying....

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:59 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Is Henne the QB?
Well Thigpen sure isn't.....

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:00 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

the offensive coordinator is the only excuse he has. chad henne has the offensive line, running backs, and wide receivers that every young QB would love to have.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

NOPE

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:02 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yeah....Henne was awful tonight. He might have been riding the wave created by the special teams play, but he still was putrid. He stares down receivers....drawing the coverage right to the target......he misses wide open receivers. He has a great fastball, but no touch. I hate watching the Fins with Pennington at the helm...but he is steady and avoids the big mistakes. We won't see any big scores, but it would cut down heavily on the big mistakes.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:03 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Everything has to improve. The WC MUST go as it did nothing. Marshall and Henne have to spend some quality time together and get on the same page. And our special teams needs to get high on coc and wake the heck up before starting these games. The failure of this team is not all on Henne, so I'd just give up on this thread.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:03 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
I'm not a bandwagon jumper but stats don't lie. A stat that doesn't lie is the QBs TD/INT ratio. I said it year ago to some friends about Jay Cutler and the reason that Denver traded him. His TD/INT ratio is horrible. Now, look at Henne's TD/INT over his carreer. The dude has thrown more picks than TDs. I'm not ready to give up on him by no means, but would it really hurt draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rd to see what else is out there? I say yeah. We need consistancy, not a QB that can light it up and then have a game like this, we will never win a SB, guranteed. I've watched football for way too long and QBs like Henne don't win SBs. I know it's only the 4th game, but come on. Look at the Rams, a QB can make a diff. Look around the league and the Cardinals are horrible because they lost a good QB. Think about it for a second. I'm just saying....

Over reaction. If Henne starts tossing 3 picks a week then I'll be concerned. However, he isn't & all QB have games where picks happen. Brady & Manning both have had 5 Int games. Not going to start bailing on Henne because he threw a couple of picks & frankly only one was a really bad throw. A great catch by a LBer & then Marshall stops his route on the other one.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:04 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Bad game by Henne yes. But, if not for ST. We are in this game. Bonamego needs to go!

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:06 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Henne was horrid tonight, but that doesn't mean we have to give up on him. The guy has only had 16 starts, however he needs to have a fire lit under his butt right now because he is sucking up the field. I don't like the way he locks onto receivers and I don't like the way he only sees part of the field. Those are things that are correctable, but I don't know if he can at this point in his career (including college here).

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:06 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Henne is missing open receivers and locking on to others for so long he drags the coverage to them. He is young and he might learn....but as much as I hate watching Pennington dinking and dunking all night....at least he put us in position to win a close game. The special teams gave the game away, but Henne snuffed out two drives with bad throws. The reality is the game would have still been a close one without those picks. The offense was moving the ball.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:09 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I hate watching the Fins with Pennington at the helm...but he is steady and avoids the big mistakes. We won't see any big scores, but it would cut down heavily on the big mistakes.

Know what this stat is from? 25 / 38 252 Yds - 1 TD & 4 Ints?

Chad Pennington playoff game against the Baltimore Ravens in '08.

You were saying about avoiding big mistakes?

Need to take it pick by pick & not simply stat watch. Henne was not the problem tonight. His two picks hurt, but they did not cost Miami the game by any means.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:09 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Makchell wrote:

Henne certainly needs to step his play up. The last INT he threw was on Brandon Marshall, but the other 2 INT to the LB were bad mistakes.

Still, it is very hard to overlook your special teams being responsible for 21 points for the other team. To give up one special teams big play is tough to overcome, but to give up 3 TD is something that is going to get you beat every time, PERIOD.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:10 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Some of you guys are such cliff jumpers.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:10 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Dphins4me wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I hate watching the Fins with Pennington at the helm...but he is steady and avoids the big mistakes. We won't see any big scores, but it would cut down heavily on the big mistakes.

Need to take it pick by pick & not simply stat watch. Henne was not the problem tonight. His two picks hurt, but they did not cost Miami the game by any means.

i dont think many qb's fared well versus that defense. and he got us to the play offs. hope henne can.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dphins4me wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

Henne was a part of the problem tonight, him and special teams. Oh yeah, lets not forget our team giving up extra yards to crappy players (see Whitehead). I'm not about to abandon Henne, but he isn't getting a free pass tonight, he flat out sucked.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:12 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:

Not really. We're just starting to notice a trend taking shape, one that needs to be broken.

The special teams hurt a ton by forcing Henne to bring us back from behind, but we should've never been down in the first place with the opportunities we had to score .... that is until Henne gift wrapped balls to Patriot defenders. One of whom never had a career INT prior to the game.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:12 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Rock Sexton wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

Not really. We're just starting to notice a trend taking shape, one that needs to be broken.

Weren't you in the chatroom 20 minutes ago declaring the season over?

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

Weren't you in the chatroom 20 minutes ago declaring the season over?

In regard's to "Henne" ..... that's what the conversationw was about.

My comments in regards to the season, while slightly exaggerated - are getting closer. We just dropped two home games to legitimate division contenders .... one of whom we are now 3 games back of. What would you like to call it?

Season "technically" or "statistically" isn't over ..... but we're quickly drawing closer to it.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:17 pm

So you're not a cliff jumper, but we're 2-2 and to you the season is over.

Got it.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I am on my way to the cliff now. This team has been disappointing most of the time, and just a tease at others. Parcells and company will be gone soon and the rebuilding process will begin anew.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

Got it.

The season's embarrassingly close to it.

But if you'd like to argue semantics all night you win Rich. We're not statistically out of it, but the chances are awesome we're going to make up 3 games on the Jets and close out the season in dramatic fashion with the apparent struggles we have.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:20 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:

Got it.

Lets just say we've dug ourselves a very deep hole in division.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:21 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Henne played very well. The porous play of the special teams and lack of fight in the team after two quick scores by NE is concerning....

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:22 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Iowafin wrote:
Henne played very well.

WHAT???

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin wrote:
Henne played very well. The porous play of the special teams and lack of fight in the team after two quick scores by NE is concerning....

Two drive/momentum killing INT's that should've never been even attempted. Another for a defensive pick 6.

Very well?

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:23 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
The season's embarrassingly close to it.

But if you'd like to argue semantics all night you win Rich. We're not statistically out of it, but the chances are awesome we're going to make up 3 games on the Jets and close out the season in dramatic fashion with the apparent struggles we have.

No one is arguing semantics.

I just find it interesting that you're declared the season over but then when someone calls guys like you a cliff jumper, you say you're not.

A person declaring the season over after a 2-2 start is jumping off the cliff. At least be honest enough to admit it.

That's all.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:24 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Two drive/momentum killing INT's that should've never been even attempted. Another for a defensive pick 6.

Very well?

The first two INTs were piss poor. The pick 6 wasn't Henne's fault, though.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Henne played well??? Where did that happen tonight?? On some parallel universe? :)

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:26 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The real problem is that teams cash in on mistakes and we don't. Take the Vikings and Bills games, we should have killed them but we didn't. There is no way that we go deep in the playoffs. We are a .500 team right now which means we go 8-8 as of right now. Our schedule gets harder, real harder. If we can't avoid turnovers against this sorry butt NE defense, how are we going tomove the ball agaisnt the Steelers? Ravens? I'm the farthest from a cliff jumper as some of you point out and I'm a realist. This team is in trouble, special teams, QB, wildcat, defense name it. A little p*ssy gashes us on the run and then beats Dansby? COme on....

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:30 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Wait I thought the blame was the "Wildcat". Now its Henne's fault? I thought he played pretty good too

83 yards rushing, 29/39 300 passing. Oh & this was only his 17th starting game!

A.D.D. is an epidemic. Lets go ahead & start thinking about the draft because I need instant satisfaction from our players

Look he made a couple busted reads against an ever changing defense. Yeah, you can look at replays & say he shouldn't thrown elsewhere in hindsight but you gotta chill out. Our whole team, including the coaches, just aren't primed to win yet

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:31 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This team has the looks of a 6-10 or 5-11 record right now....and that is being generous given our schedule. The Patriots defense is awful and our offense made them look awesome. Our special teams turned a bad game into a nightmare. Another rebuilding effort is around the corner. Bill Cowher....we have a challenge of a lifetime for you in Miami....

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

No one is arguing semantics.

I just find it interesting that you're declared the season over but then when someone calls guys like you a cliff jumper, you say you're not.

A person declaring the season over after a 2-2 start is jumping off the cliff. At least be honest enough to admit it.

That's all.

I took it as though he was referencing cliff jumping over Henne. That was what my comment was aimed at.

Regardless I just told you my comment in chat was exaggerated our of frustration. If you'd like to believe that I firmly believe the season is 100% over then by all means, have at it.

However this hole is mighty deep.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:36 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

The Dolphins don't need to draft another QB. Henne is the QB.

If Langford catches Sanchez's gift last week, we are 3-1.

The defense needed to make a stop after the Dolphins made it 20-14.

The Special Teams cost us this game.

Henning then decided to run, run, run in our two minute offense.

Chad Henne is still developing. Anyone who thinks we should go in a different direction needs to gain perspective.

This season isn't over. It's all uphill for the next 5-6 weeks, but I would be happy with 3-3 with those monsters on our schedules. So if the Dolphins can get to 5-5 then they have a chance to put on a run to finish the season.

I love the Dolphins. There is so much good in this team. Right now! That is what I will focus on for the next 13 days.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:37 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
This team has the looks of a 6-10 or 5-11 record right now....and that is being generous given our schedule. The Patriots defense is awful and our offense made them look awesome. Our special teams turned a bad game into a nightmare. Another rebuilding effort is around the corner. Bill Cowher....we have a challenge of a lifetime for you in Miami....

Doubt we would get him. Carl Peterson will blow into town and hire some brainless monkey.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:37 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I will ask this tho; does he often purposely not look at Marshall? It drives me crazy when hes the best chance we have for success & we run plays away from him

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Tired of excuses in Miami....the ownership has been forking out the dough and Parcells and company are in the third season of a rebuilding project that is failing. Coaching is a huge part of the failure from what I can see and it was painfully obvious tonight.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:40 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Tired of excuses in Miami....the ownership has been forking out the dough and Parcells and company are in the third season of a rebuilding project that is failing. Coaching is a huge part of the failure from what I can see and it was painfully obvious tonight.

Our rebuilding isn't failing. It just isn't progressing on your schedule. We are better than we were last year and the year before that. AND try to understand this : WE WILL BE BETTER NEXT YEAR. THIS IS THE COURSE WE ARE On. Now of you don't mind take your seat quietly or get the F off the bus.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:49 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Now of you don't mind take your seat quietly or get the F off the bus.

You are living in la la land, F your bus.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Thanks Makchell.

This team is not better this year. Last year, we were 7-9 and gave away the playoffs in the last month. That was after an 11-5 season. This year, I see us finishing with fewer than 7 wins. I see regression there....not a team "getting better" every year!

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:55 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Makchell wrote:
Now of you don't mind take your seat quietly or get the F off the bus.

You are living in la la land, F your bus.

My bus has no numbers on the side. It's the bus of progression. This game barely qualifies as a speed bump and this bus, this bus of believers roll into Green Bay determined to fix the mistakes made 13 days ago and hopefully come away with the win.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 226 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next