View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Is Henne the QB? 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Is Henne the QB?
jammer wrote:
Can't believe you're still arguing this.
So are you & other posters. Why is it just me you are calling out on this?

jammer wrote:
You have an opinion and others have a different one. You can't prove Miami would not have scored just like I or anyone can't prove they would have.
I said people saying he cost Miami points can't prove they would have scored. Not once did I say Miami wouldn't have.

There is a difference. Hope you see that now.

jammer wrote:
Henne's Int's were costly, they ended drives. That has an effect on the game, on Henne and on his teammates. Not sure why that is so difficult to comprehend.

Not sure when 12 Yrd became a drive. I always consider it a drive when you actually get more than one 1st downs & move the ball into the other teams territory.

The 2nd pick ended a drive. They were only costly because the D failed to stop the Pats from driving the field.

After the picks. Still 7-6 Miami. Don't know about your math skills, but if NE does not score another points Miami wins the game. Picks do not matter & are not costly.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:05 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I see two schools of thought and in some ways both are correct. I subscribe to the 2nd school of thought myself.

One, Henne's 3 interceptions killed scoring opportunities. Even though the score was only 7-6 at the half, the Dolphins moved the ball better in the first half and only came up with 7 points. Maybe we could have scored and the special teams miscues in the 2nd half would not have destroyed our team.

The other thought is that even though Henne made those two interceptions in the first half, the defense rose to the occasion and as a team still led 7-6. With a 1 point lead in the 2nd half, it was the Special Teams that lost the game and nothing Henne did could overcome it. So, why put the blame on Henne who completed 73.7% of his passes and had an 81.6 passer rating for the game? Very few teams could ever overcome Miami's special teams blunders in that game.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:03 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Attempting to be condascending with smart butt remarks doesn't make you right. I'm simply saying there are two opinions, you keep trying to push yours because you are convinced you're correct. This conversation could have died a natural death days ago. I get your point and I've read your opinion.

If you want I'll play your game. Henne's interceptions were costly and contributed to Miami missing scoring opportunities. Not guaranteed points but scoring opportunities. They themselves didn't lose the game and no one is arguing that. I hope you can see the difference.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:08 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Well, looking at the stats above, when henne throws a pick we lose.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:32 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Henne's interceptions certainly hurt our chances of winning, but lets just say for a moment that the two he threw in the first half never happened. Lets say that those drives didn't end in an interception. Lets say Henne continued down the field and scored touchdowns on both of them. Now the score stands at 41-28, we still lose. Let's even suppose for a moment that the third interception of the game never happened, one in which we could blame Marshall for the miscue, that would have taken 7 points off the board (since it was a pick6). Miami still loses 34-28.
Bottom line here is that Miami lost this game for the most part on special teams. The defense actually played very well considering the offense they were up against, however they really struggled to keep the Patriots from running when it mattered most.
This game came down to failures in all three aspects of the game, but the bulk of the blame for Miami losing the game was the breakdowns in special teams. You take those away and this game is much, much closer.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:27 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

jammer wrote:
Can't believe you're still arguing this. You have an opinion and others have a different one. You can't prove Miami would not have scored just like I or anyone can't prove they would have. Henne's Int's were costly, they ended drives. That has an effect on the game, on Henne and on his teammates. Not sure why that is so difficult to comprehend.

In the end they still lost and we'll be reliving this game until they hopefully do something positive versus Green Bay.

I think it's you that isn't capturing the point Scot is trying to make. He just outlined it in his last post. At the time Henne had committed those two turnovers, the Dolphins were up 7-6 going into the half. His turnovers had minimal damage compared to the complete collapse of special teams in the 3rd quarter.

There is simply, absolutely no arguing that.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:18 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
Attempting to be condascending with smart butt remarks doesn't make you right.
There were no smart remarks.

jammer wrote:
I'm simply saying there are two opinions, you keep trying to push yours because you are convinced you're correct. This conversation could have died a natural death days ago. I get your point and I've read your opinion.
I'm still waiting for someone to point out something of substance on the other point.

jammer wrote:
If you want I'll play your game. Henne's interceptions were costly and contributed to Miami missing scoring opportunities. Not guaranteed points but scoring opportunities. They themselves didn't lose the game and no one is arguing that. I hope you can see the difference.

Miami missed a probable scoring chance with the 2nd pick, since they were on the NE 30 ( I believe it was ) They still needed about 30 Yds for the 1st pick to remove a scoring chance.

How can anyone say he took away a scoring chance when the distance yet to travel was greater than the distanced already traveled?

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:

I think it's you that isn't capturing the point Scot is trying to make. He just outlined it in his last post. At the time Henne had committed those two turnovers, the Dolphins were up 7-6 going into the half. His turnovers had minimal damage compared to the complete collapse of special teams in the 3rd quarter.

I'm still at a total loss how any fans & its not only on this board can hang any of this on Henne.
Did he play perfect? No. Did he play poorly? No.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I personally would have to give him at worst an 8. Only missed on 10 passes & had an 8 Yds per attempt ( whatever that stat is suppose to tell us, but it is considered important. )

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:22 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Dphins4me wrote:
Rich wrote:

I'm still at a total loss how any fans & its not only on this board can hang any of this on Henne.
Did he play perfect? No. Did he play poorly? No.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I personally would have to give him at worst an 8. Only missed on 10 passes & had an 8 Yds per attempt ( whatever that stat is suppose to tell us, but it is considered important. )

8 out of 10 is a very solid performance. Henne was solid for most of the night, but threw 2 back picks.

I would give him a 6 out of 10.

He didn't lose us the game. And even if he did, does that really mean he's not the franchise QB? ONE game, following 3 very good/great ones?

Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:28 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:

8 out of 10 is a very solid performance. Henne was solid for most of the night, but threw 2 back picks.

He didn't lose us the game. And even if he did, does that really mean he's not the franchise QB? ONE game, following 3 very good/great ones?
For the most part aren't all picks bad?

With or without the picks. 28/38 300+ Yds passing & 2 TDs.

Hate to tell you guys, when you start throwing close to 40 times, the odds are some will have a chance of getting picked off. This holds true with any Qb.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:
Can't believe you're still arguing this. You have an opinion and others have a different one. You can't prove Miami would not have scored just like I or anyone can't prove they would have. Henne's Int's were costly, they ended drives. That has an effect on the game, on Henne and on his teammates. Not sure why that is so difficult to comprehend.

In the end they still lost and we'll be reliving this game until they hopefully do something positive versus Green Bay.

I understand Scot's (didn't know that was his name) point. Its an easy point to make and back up given the score at half time. My point is you can criticize Henne for the picks and say they were costly for Miami. Any turnover is costly. Unlike him and you, I'm just not going to dismiss them so easily. I think they have an effect on Henne's confidence, the team's confidence in him, and New England's confidence that they can get this guy to rush his throws. While that won't appear on a stat sheet or scoreboard it certainly will have a negative effect on the team and Henne's ability to persevere over the 2nd half mistakes of the special teams and perhaps his own. I believe I said I'm not pinning the loss on Henne or his turnovers. Clearly the special teams deserve more blame. But I disagree with dismissing the picks as irrelevant to the loss.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:22 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dphins4me wrote:
jammer wrote:
Attempting to be condascending with smart butt remarks doesn't make you right.
There were no smart remarks.

Can't interpret tone over the internet but questioning my math skills and asking if I can see a difference seemed like a shot. I see your opinion and its an easier position to defend than what I am arguing. I think the Henne picks resulted in some momentum loss. I think there is more to it than just saying well they were still up so they dodged a bullet. They had another half of football to play, Henne didn't seem relaxed, and they couldn't move the ball as well as they should have. He seemed to be rushing his throws and a bit of a deer in headlights look. I'm not trying to convince you that I'm right, just stating my opinion. I can't give you numbers or the substance you're looking for. I think we are at the point to agree to disagree.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:32 am

Dphins4me wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Hate to tell you guys, when you start throwing close to 40 times, the odds are some will have a chance of getting picked off. This holds true with any Qb.

Yes but to say somebody had an 8/10 performance with 3 INT's is a little silly, is what I'm saying.

Two were bad, one wasn't. But regardless, he didn't lose us the game, is my point. And even if he did, oh well. Peyton Manning once threw 6 INT's against SD in a close game. I guess he's a mediocre at best QB too?

I'm on your side, Dphins4me, but he had a bad game.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:47 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Phins Rock wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Yes but to say somebody had an 8/10 performance with 3 INT's is a little silly, is what I'm saying.

Two were bad, one wasn't. But regardless, he didn't lose us the game, is my point. And even if he did, oh well. Peyton Manning once threw 6 INT's against SD in a close game. I guess he's a mediocre at best QB too?

I'm on your side, Dphins4me, but he had a bad game.

CHAD DA MAN!!!! or HENNE DA MAN!!!!

Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:57 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

I wouldn't blame Henne so much. He looks like he is playing with a leash. The offense is very slow and predictable even in the wildcat. We have all watched games enough to know what plays are coming. It wasn't an accident that Ninkovich had those 2 picks. There is no speed on the offense this year. Ronnie looks really slow and so does Chad on his decision making. We are near the bottom of the league in explosive plays of 20+ yards with 8 or 9 total. So, if the QB throws 3 picks and Special Teams melts down we don't have an offense that can play from behind.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:22 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:

Its an easy point to make and back up given the score at half time. My point is you can criticize Henne for the picks and say they were costly for Miami. Any turnover is costly. Unlike him and you, I'm just not going to dismiss them so easily. I think they have an effect on Henne's confidence, the team's confidence in him, and New England's confidence that they can get this guy to rush his throws.
You act as if Henne is the first QB to throw a pick. If a couple of picks shook his confidence, then he needs to be replaced right now & benched. Not real sure why you think this since he lead Miami on a scoring drive on the 2nd drive of the 2nd half.

There is criticism & then there is the whole world is coming to an end. Qbs throw Int. I watch Manning throw into triple coverage yesterday. Its the game. You're not going to throw the ball 40 times & not come away with a few bad throws. Sometimes those throws fall to the ground & some time they don't.

The way some have gone off on Henne, would lead someone to believe he has been tossing up Int at a record rate this year.

jammer wrote:
While that won't appear on a stat sheet or scoreboard it certainly will have a negative effect on the team and Henne's ability to persevere over the 2nd half mistakes of the special teams and perhaps his own.
The team should have thought no more of it than they would have a RW fumble. They know it happens.

jammer wrote:

I believe I said I'm not pinning the loss on Henne or his turnovers. Clearly the special teams deserve more blame. But I disagree with dismissing the picks as irrelevant to the loss.

Irrelevant? No. Smallest fraction of blame? Sure. Special Teams? 99.9. Henne .01

Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:36 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:

Yes but to say somebody had an 8/10 performance with 3 INT's is a little silly, is what I'm saying.Two were bad, one wasn't. But regardless, he didn't lose us the game, is my point. And even if he did, oh well.
While the stat sheet reads 3. Most anyone who watched the game knows one was purely Marshalls fault for stopping his route.

Sometimes WR make QB look like idiots.

Phins Rock wrote:

Peyton Manning once threw 6 INT's against SD in a close game. I guess he's a mediocre at best QB too?I'm on your side, Dphins4me, but he had a bad game.
6 Ints? Bad game. Unless you throw 10 Tds & 700 Yds & WIN. Winning is the difference between having a bad game or a good game. Had Miami won. We are not hear discussing a couple of 1st half Int.

Henne had a solid game. Take away the special teams blunder & Miami has a great chance at winning with the same game being played by Henne.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:41 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I am not reading this thread again to try and understand what is going on because I felt dumber the first time I read it.'

There should be no debate as to who our quarterback is, None. Chad Henne is our QB and barring injury he is our quarterback for 2010,

What fan with any perspective would think to pull the plug because of a few struggles. I might be losing my perspective, but I think Henne has the potential to be the 3rd greatest Dolphin quarterback of all time.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:11 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

You should know I'm not part of the end of the world crowd. It's criticism for one game and it's okay if he gets a little rattled, it was only his 17th start. Big difference between arguing to pull him and saying his mistakes were costly. Every qb is criticized for picks in a tough loss.

The reason I argue his confidence was shaken was because his 2nd half throws seemed like he was pressing. Many of his completions were quick check downs, he had some bad incompletions that were almost picked, and he seemed shaky in the pocket. I can't recall the majority of the plays on the scoring drive but his td pass was more Williams effort than great throw. My interpretation is that he was a little rattled.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:50 am

jammer wrote:
Many of his completions were quick check downs

Because the Patriots were doubling Marshall and playing umbrella coverage all day.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:53 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:

Because the Patriots were doubling Marshall and playing umbrella coverage all day.

They played the same coverage in the first half and he managed to get the ball down the field more and take more time with his reads.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:03 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Really whats the differnce as to what we think anyway?

Barring injury Henne will be the starter for the next 12 games

Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:03 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:

The middle of the field was wide open all day. There were guys so wide open I could've made the throw. No excuses...he had a bad day. It happens. The problem I see in Henne is if his primary is covered, he often quits looking downfield or to make a big play. He'll make a quick read and then check down. Miami might win 9 games with him doing that but they won't challenge the big boys until Henne grabs his peanuts and starts making plays. FWIW department people can talk bad about Sanchez all they want but the kid isn't afraid to try and make a play even when the primary is taken away.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:24 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:

The middle of the field was wide open all day. There were guys so wide open I could've made the throw.
At the game? Guess next we can see if you can spot those guys with 300Lb men trying to get to you.

NFLJunkie wrote:

No excuses...he had a bad day.
How is 28/38 300+ Yds & 2 Td considered a bad game?

NFLJunkie wrote:

It happens. The problem I see in Henne is if his primary is covered, he often quits looking downfield or to make a big play. He'll make a quick read and then check down.
He might do that. We do not know what he is being told to do either.

NFLJunkie wrote:
Miami might win 9 games with him doing that but they won't challenge the big boys until Henne grabs his peanuts and starts making plays.
Any bad ever happen when the ball is being thrown all over the field?

NFLJunkie wrote:

FWIW department people can talk bad about Sanchez all they want but the kid isn't afraid to try and make a play even when the primary is taken away.
Yea, but when Henne does try to make a play & fails as all QBs will when they "try" here we are questioning his ability.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Henne sucks. He hasn't led us to an undefeated season yet.
Let's just cut the guy and get Trent Dilfer to come out of retirement.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:36 pm

jammer wrote:
They played the same coverage in the first half and he managed to get the ball down the field more and take more time with his reads.

Wrong. The overwhelming majority of his pass attempts were of the short variety throughout the game.

3. 1-10-MIA 20 (15:00) 7-C.Henne pass short right to 23-R.Brown ran ob at MIA 32 for 12 yards.
4. 1-10-MIA 32 (14:35) 7-C.Henne pass short right to 82-B.Hartline to MIA 36 for 4 yards (32-D.McCourty, 50-R.Ninkovich).
6. 3-3-MIA 39 (13:16) 7-C.Henne pass short middle to 80-A.Fasano to NE 40 for 21 yards (31-B.Meriweather).
8. 2-15-NE 45 (12:13) 7-C.Henne pass short right to 23-R.Brown to NE 36 for 9 yards (51-J.Mayo).
17. 1-10-MIA 36 (9:50) 7-C.Henne pass short left to 15-D.Bess to NE 43 for 21 yards (51-J.Mayo).
22. 1-10-NE 21 (7:25) 7-C.Henne pass short left to 34-R.Williams pushed ob at NE 14 for 7 yards (27-K.Arrington).
25. 3-8-NE 19 (5:56) 7-C.Henne pass short right to 15-D.Bess for 19 yards, TOUCHDOWN. WATCH HIGHLIGHT
37. 1-10-MIA 33 (2:56) 7-C.Henne pass incomplete short right to 82-B.Hartline.
39. 3-11-MIA 32 (2:12) 7-C.Henne pass short left to 15-D.Bess to MIA 45 for 13 yards (51-J.Mayo).
40. 1-10-MIA 45 (1:32) 7-C.Henne pass deep right intended for 19-B.Marshall INTERCEPTED by 50-R.Ninkovich at NE 39. 50-R.Ninkovich to NE 40 for 1 yard (19-B.Marshall). WATCH HIGHLIGHT
18. 1-10-MIA 21 (7:06) 7-C.Henne pass incomplete deep right to 82-B.Hartline (99-M.Wright).
20. 3-6-MIA 25 (6:21) (Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass short right to 15-D.Bess to MIA 39 for 14 yards (24-J.Wilhite).
24. 3-10-MIA 39 (4:23) (Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass incomplete deep right to 82-B.Hartline [91-M.Pryor]. PENALTY on NE-32-D.McCourty, Defensive Pass Interference, 16 yards, enforced at MIA 39 - No Play.
26. 1-15- (4:16) 7-C.Henne pass short middle to 15-D.Bess to NE 43 for 7 yards (59-G.Guyton).
28. 1-10-NE 27 (2:55) 7-C.Henne pass short right intended for 38-P.Cobbs INTERCEPTED by 50-R.Ninkovich at NE 25. 50-R.Ninkovich to NE 25 for no gain (38-P.Cobbs). WATCH HIGHLIGHT
8. 2-8-MIA 22 (14:13) (Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass incomplete short right to 80-A.Fasano (32-D.McCourty).
9. 3-8-MIA 22 (14:06) (Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass short right to 19-B.Marshall to MIA 26 for 4 yards (24-J.Wilhite).
19. 2-8-MIA 22 (12:18) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass short left to 82-B.Hartline to MIA 29 for 7 yards (27-K.Arrington).
22. 2-5-MIA 45 (10:34) (Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass incomplete short left to 82-B.Hartline (51-J.Mayo).
23. 3-5-MIA 45 (10:29) 7-C.Henne pass short left to 80-A.Fasano to NE 42 for 13 yards (27-K.Arrington).
24. 1-10-NE 42 (9:48) 7-C.Henne pass short middle to 19-B.Marshall to NE 23 for 19 yards (36-J.Sanders).
26. 1-15-NE 28 (9:04) 7-C.Henne pass short right to 34-R.Williams for 28 yards, TOUCHDOWN. WATCH HIGHLIGHT
47. 1-10-MIA 20 (4:02) 7-C.Henne pass short middle to 19-B.Marshall to MIA 39 for 19 yards (27-K.Arrington). PENALTY on MIA-19-B.Marshall, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at MIA 20 - No Play.
48. 1-20-MIA 10 (3:38) 7-C.Henne pass short right to 19-B.Marshall to MIA 14 for 4 yards (51-J.Mayo).
49. 2-16-MIA 14 (2:55) 7-C.Henne pass short left to 18-R.Wallace to MIA 26 for 12 yards (27-K.Arrington).
51. 3-4-MIA 26 (2:22) 7-C.Henne pass short right to 15-D.Bess to MIA 31 for 5 yards (32-D.McCourty).
52. 1-10-MIA 31 (1:46) (Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass short middle to 19-B.Marshall to MIA 46 for 15 yards (32-D.McCourty).
53. 1-10-MIA 46 (1:06) (Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass short middle to 80-A.Fasano to NE 42 for 12 yards (51-J.Mayo).
54. 1-10-NE 42 (:37) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass short right to 23-R.Brown to NE 34 for 8 yards (51-J.Mayo).
2. 1-10-NE 29 (15:00) 7-C.Henne pass incomplete short right to 19-B.Marshall (96-J.Cunningham).
4. 3-17-NE 36 (14:22) (Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass incomplete short left to 15-D.Bess.
7. 3-S.Gostkowski kicks 76 yards from NE 30 to MIA -6. 28-N.Carroll, Touchback.
9. 2-7-MIA 23 (13:40) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass short right to 34-R.Williams to MIA 29 for 6 yards (59-G.Guyton).
10. 3-1-MIA 29 (13:21) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass short right to 19-B.Marshall to MIA 37 for 8 yards (25-P.Chung).
13. 2-13-MIA 34 (12:14) 7-C.Henne pass short right to 82-B.Hartline to MIA 44 for 10 yards (51-J.Mayo; 59-G.Guyton).
16. 4-2-MIA 45 (10:57) 7-C.Henne pass short right to 23-R.Brown to MIA 45 for no gain (32-D.McCourty). WATCH HIGHLIGHT
23. 1-10-MIA 18 (9:15) 7-C.Henne pass incomplete short middle to 15-D.Bess.
24. 2-10-MIA 18 (9:08) 7-C.Henne pass short left to 15-D.Bess to MIA 26 for 8 yards (27-K.Arrington; 25-P.Chung).
26. 1-10-MIA 28 (7:45) 7-C.Henne pass short left to 15-D.Bess to MIA 37 for 9 yards (51-J.Mayo; 27-K.Arrington).
27. 2-1-MIA 37 (7:17) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-C.Henne pass short middle to 80-A.Fasano to MIA 47 for 10 yards (51-J.Mayo). MIA-80-A.Fasano was injured during the play. His return is Probable.
29. 1-10-MIA 47 (6:42) 7-C.Henne pass short right intended for 19-B.Marshall INTERCEPTED by 25-P.Chung at NE 49. 25-P.Chung for 51 yards, TOUCHDOWN. WATCH HIGHLIGHT

Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:19 pm

NFLJunkie wrote:
The middle of the field was wide open all day. There were guys so wide open I could've made the throw.

Yes, because you have NEVER demonstrated to being prone to exaggeration.

Were you at the game? Or are you the only guy in America with a television that shows you what is happening in the deep secondary?

Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:20 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Good lord. Well I guess I can only stand by the second part of my statement unless you have zoomed in video of Henne in the pocket to blow up that argument.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:31 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Hi everyone. Just wanted to part of the "cool" page 4 club!

Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:16 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I have to be honest here, I am not known for my patience with stupidity. I tend to get banned from "other" Fins sites lol! That said, there are some of the MOST IDIOTIC posts in this thread I have ever read from any so-called knowledgeable football fans. I am saddened. But, since I am tired of getting banned, I will NOT point out the dumbest posts, they know who they are. Please just learn football before you post. Thanks.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:33 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

The fans here in support of Henne needs to go back to his college days and they will see that his days here are the same. One game good, the next one bad. He has no consistency whats so ever. I do not see him being a long term QB on this team or any other team. I personally am not a Henne fan. I think he has very good ball speed but that's about it. He reminds me of a duh. His personality adds no spark to the offense at all. He does not remind me of a qualified leader either. He to me is a 2nd stringer at best. He is not the answer to the success of this team getting better in time. A good Qb needs to get the offense fired up and keep them fired up. If someone screws up he needs to let them know it. Two of the three interceptions were all his fault. He had better touches on the ball to them than he did his own receivers. And as others posted, he targets one player and he tries to hit that one player regardless if he's open or not. He needs to start scanning the field. He finally started doing that and was successful in hitting Bess. That should happen all the time. Not just when someone is double covered. I hate to say it but last year was the year of the wildcat and the games were not dependent of Henne winning the ball games but this year there is less wildcat and more of Henne and look at whats happening. And don't even look at the Bills game because they are a wreck. Even then he couldn't put many points on the board. Sorry, but I've been a fan for too long and will always be a fan but as much as I hate to say it, Henne is not a QB of the future for us. Just my feelings based on past and present.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:51 am

yeah , he's the QB. Mistakes will always be made but he has proven himself in the short time he has been here. Seems to have the ability to bring the team back in the 4th quarter which is important.
Please let him grow at his own pace however & forget about the comaprisons.
He is not Marino or Brady. Dont gauge him against Sanchez who will also be good. Also dont compare him to Flacco or Ryan who are good.
Its a QB driven league & you need one to take the team to the next level. Anyone remember Indy before Manning??
Teams like St. Louis & Tampa also it seems have good up & coming ones as well.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:52 am

19Dolfan76 wrote:
The fans here in support of Henne needs to go back to his college days and they will see that his days here are the same.

I hope he can duplicate what he did in college.

He finished with 87 TDs versus 37 INTs.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:28 am

Rich wrote:
19Dolfan76 wrote:
The fans here in support of Henne needs to go back to his college days and they will see that his days here are the same.

LOL. I was thinking the same thing.

He was being touted as a top 5 pick, ahead of Matt Ryan, before Michigan had that awful season. Henne still managed to bring them back and score 41 points to beat Tim Tebow in the Captial One Bowl.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:31 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

A nice article that addresses the title of the thread and posts some good stats and comparisons.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/10/15/1 ... -chad.html

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:31 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
Rich wrote:
19Dolfan76 wrote:

LOL. I was thinking the same thing.

He was being touted as a top 5 pick, ahead of Matt Ryan, before Michigan had that awful season. Henne still managed to bring them back and score 41 points to beat Tim Tebow in the Captial One Bowl.

I can recall reading a very early mock draft that had Miami drafting Chad Henne with a top 5 or 10 pick. This of course was one of those ridiculously premature mocks (Miami of course ended up with the 1st overall pick), but it supports the notion that Henne was considered a very high pick prior to his shoulder injury and Michigan's tough season.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:35 am

jammer wrote:
A nice article that addresses the title of the thread and posts some good stats and comparisons.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/10/15/1 ... -chad.html

Good read. Just have one problem with it...
Quote:
I would also suggest -- and this needs to stop being taboo -- that Henne is too heavy. He plays heavy in the pocket. Seem ploddy. How could he not benefit by losing 20 pounds?

That's ridiculous. Henne steps into throws and takes the beating with as much courage as any QB in the league, and the reason he is able to get up consistently is because of his strong frame. Now you want to drop him to 215? Come on....
:hithead:

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:37 am

Part of the reason Henne may have dropped his senior year was a knee injury early on that made him miss 2 games.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:04 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
Part of the reason Henne may have dropped his senior year was a knee injury early on that made him miss 2 games.

I knew it was an injury, thanks for the clarification.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:00 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

After today with more picks thrown than TDs (fiedler)....Just saying.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next