View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Is Henne the QB? 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Is Henne the QB?
Makchell wrote:
After today with more picks thrown than TDs (fiedler)....Just saying.

C'mon Mak .... the INT's are ALWAYS everyone else's fault.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:18 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

C'mon Mak .... the INT's are ALWAYS everyone else's fault

LOL! The dude has thrown a pick in the last six games. He stares down recievers and throws into tight coverage. I expect more.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Henne is mediocre at best. He was a 4 year starter in college and has quite a bit of NFL game time to show us what he has. He is inconsistent, doesn't seem to read the defenses or go through his progressions well, can't effectively use play action, and is inaccurate often and can't make touch throws. He is good at hook sliding short of a 1st down though...can't blame him for wanting to avoid injury, but man...the team desperately needed some 1st downs today. He might be a good one, in about 4 years or so....most likely on another team. Who was the genius on the forum who said we should have picked Matt Ryan....you should jump in with a huge I told you so.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:24 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

That's the key. Can he improve and learn or do we "waste" more time with him. It's not like we have a raw D though where we are in a window so to speak. My opinion is that we should draft a QB in the 2nd/3rd rd and let him learn. You never know if we hit on someone.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:27 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I can't help but wonder about Thigpen though. Could he be the answer? He is young, but has shown flashes of brilliance at times....he is a running threat too. He might even be able to use play action! He has been a turnover machine, but Henne has that nailed down right now as well.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:33 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Makchell wrote:
After today with more picks thrown than TDs (fiedler)....Just saying.

Two of them were on the WR, and one came in garbage time.

He didn't play poorly. Had multiple drops, 2 INT's that weren't his fault. Just had that one play at the end of the first half....How does that happen in that situation?

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:35 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Henne didn't have a great game today, but I still think he can develop into a good starting quarterback. I am frustrated with our lack of scoring touchdowns and a lack of deep passes. I thought all of that would change with Brandon Marshall. We have have Davone Bess taking the next step forward this year.

The only way we would really know whether it is Henne or Henning would be to start Tyler Thigpen and see how he does. That isn't going to happen as the Dolphins left Henne in the game when it was lost ,,, to practice his 2 minute offense (I guess) and risk injury.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Could he be the answer?

No. You will be wishing for Henne if Thigpan starts. Mark it down.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:37 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I am already pretty certain Henne isn't the guy....I am about 90% certain Thigpen isn't either, but there is a little hope. I am VERY certain that Henning needs to go though!

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:39 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I think Henne's biggest problem is he is worrying too much about the number of steps in his drop back. Especially on that one big blitz that he got rocked while trying for a five step drop, he needs to learn to improvise more if he wants to be great. Also is it too much to ask for 1 passing touchdown a game?

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:45 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I know I'm in the minority today, but I was actually pleased with what I saw from Henne today. Several times he looked to make plays with his feet and he was very accurate with the ball on most of his throws. His first pick was ugly, no doubt, but the Marshall tip was Marshall's fault, and the their pick came in garbage time where we were having to force the ball down the field quickly and Bess didn't come back for the ball.
Do I think Henne is perfect? Heck no!
I believe he is progressing nicely though. I really see him having a breakout season next year if we can keep Marshall happy and and another legit #2 receiver. This defense that we have is very young and porous anyways, its not like we could be a real playoff threat right now with the way they play anyways. This team is still another year or two off from the Superbowl picture. I think there needs to be at the very least an turnover of our OC.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This team will be overhauled again before it sees a Super Bowl. There will likely be a lot of turnover in our coaching staff after this season. Ronnie will probably be gone....I think that is a good move at this time by the way. Ricky might give us one or two more years. I think we will be bringing in a new QB and a new RB in the draft, and when our injured rookies actually play next season....things might get a little better, both on defense and on our offensive line. The team lacks talent and depth at most positions. The team is seriously lacking in speed on the offensive side of the ball...

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:02 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

We are what we are. A .500 team that beats the teams we should and we lose to playoff caliber teams. That's a .500 team.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:08 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Miami's problem is that they need some impact players on both sides of the ball. They have some good players but nobody that dominates or comes up big when the game's on the line. Brandon Marshall was supposed to be that guy on offense. He's had two games with 10 catches & over 100 yds, the rest of his games have been mediocre at best. He put up big numbers in Denver so I don't question his ability. You have to put your players in a position to succeed. Is is coaching, Henne or both? The defense has some good players but again, nobody that's going to make that play to stop a drive or create a big turnover to swing momentum. If your best player is your left tackle, you're not going to win a Super Bowl!

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:14 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Most QB's just don't become great instantly. It takes learning on the field. Since we are all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, I say Henne should be out there on every play from now until the end of the season even if he throws 5 INT's per game.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:31 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

degs wrote:
Since we are all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs,

Lol..what?

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:34 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We're 4-4, I'm not ready to jump ship yet. Not on the Henne, not on our playoff chances, not on the coaches, and not on this rebuild. I think we have a good football team. We're just young, very young in fact. When you have a young team like we do you've got to expect losses like this sometimes. Just take a look at the Jets 9-0 loss to the Packers. Teams will occasionally have tough losses like this. What's positive is we're playing at home next and we have a good chance to turn things around and get our season back on track. We have the right pieces in place, if we continue to build around our core guys then we will be successful in the future.

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:32 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Again, just raising questions. Fasanso did pretty well with Thigpan at Qb and Henne looked lost at times. Henne did find Fasano and looked great at times, other times he looked stupid by throwing that bad pick (no WR to blame that one on) and taking too long to make reads. Flame if you want...just saying.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:19 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
Again, just raising questions. Fasanso did pretty well with Thigpan at Qb and Henne looked lost at times. Henne did find Fasano and looked great at times, other times he looked stupid by throwing that bad pick (no WR to blame that one on) and taking too long to make reads. Flame if you want...just saying.

Huh?

Most of Fasano's plays came from Henne's passes.

And the interception was a throw to Marshall in which he was covered one on one by one of the best CBs int he game...

What are you talking about?

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:28 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
Henne did find Fasano and looked great at times, other times he looked stupid by throwing that bad pick (no WR to blame that one on) and taking too long to make reads. Flame if you want...just saying.

Another pitiful pick....

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:33 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

And the interception was a throw to Marshall in which he was covered one on one by one of the best CBs int he game...

Bad read by Henne. Another game, anoither pick.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:35 pm

Makchell wrote:

How is having Marshall open deep one on one a bad read? Explain that to me.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:36 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:

Are you surprised...He thought Cam Cameron was good....Dinking the koolaid til the bottle is empty

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:37 pm

kev1321 wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Are you surprised...He thought Cam Cameron was good....Dinking the koolaid til the bottle is empty

I challenge you to find a post in which I said Cam Cameron was good.

In fact, when were first brought him in, I was the only one criticizing the decisions he was making (i.e. bringin in Trent Green). In fact, You were one of the ones saying we HAD to bring in Trent Green. And since you keep bringing up the past, why were you allowed back on these forums after being banned for life is beyond me...

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:42 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

How is having Marshall open deep one on one a bad read? Explain that to me

You just said it...he was covered by one of the best corners in the league and he threw a pick. If he was open, it should have been a touch, not a pick. How can that be argued? HE THREW A PICK!

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:43 pm

Makchell wrote:
How is having Marshall open deep one on one a bad read? Explain that to me

You just said it...he was covered by one of the best corners in the league and he threw a pick. If he was open, it should have been a touch, not a pick. How can that be argued? HE THREW A PICK!

So if we play a defense with two great corners, we shouldn't throw to our receivers?

It was one on one coverage, he is one of the best WRs in the game. You take the shot.

The read was not a bad read, in fact it was the best read.

The throw was the problem. There is a difference between making a bad read and making a bad throw.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:47 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

omg you guys are arguing about the language of the screw up lol.

can we just say "Henne screwed up" and call it a day?

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:51 pm

Ski_Money wrote:

Man if it bugs you so much then bypass the thread.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:55 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I can't!!!

Marshall ran the wrong route!

Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I am already pretty certain Henne isn't the guy....I am about 90% certain Thigpen isn't either, but there is a little hope. I am VERY certain that Henning needs to go though!

It's amazing how popular the backup QB is. Unfortunately it's been that way for years around here.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:42 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ski_Money wrote:

It wasn't a bad read...it's one on one deep with one of the top 5 receivers in the league....
You guys were pissing about not throwing it deep...Henne threw it deep. Great read...looking lost? Not even close.

It was an overthrow...that happens when you throw the ball over 40 yards, your accuracy drops...especially when Miami doesn't do it that often.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:12 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Iowafin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

It wasn't a bad read...it's one on one deep with one of the top 5 receivers in the league....
You guys were pissing about not throwing it deep...Henne threw it deep. Great read...looking lost? Not even close.

It was an overthrow...that happens when you throw the ball over 40 yards, your accuracy drops...especially when Miami doesn't do it that often.

:clap:

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:54 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Amazing how this continues.

I saw Roethlisberger throw an ugly pick 6 against the Pats and put up less accurate passing numbers than Henne did when he faced them.

Pitt should probably look to see if their backup QB can be the savior and draft a 1st round QB next year.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:15 am

jammer wrote:

I saw Roethlisberger throw an ugly pick 6 against the Pats and put up less accurate passing numbers than Henne did when he faced them.

Pitt should probably look to see if their backup QB can be the savior and draft a 1st round QB next year.

Yeah , to go even further the Pats should have benched Brady after the Browns game. Good point.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:51 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

You're comparing a 2 times winning SB QB with more TDs than picks to someone who hasn't done anything yet. Apples to oranges.

So if we play a defense with two great corners, we shouldn't throw to our receivers?

It was one on one coverage, he is one of the best WRs in the game. You take the shot.

The read was not a bad read, in fact it was the best read.

The throw was the problem. There is a difference between making a bad read and making a bad throw.

Good point on Marshall one on one. It was a bad throw and accuracy goes down over 40 yrds. At least we went deep.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:20 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

[quote="Makchell"]You're comparing a 2 times winning SB QB with more TDs than picks to someone who hasn't done anything yet. Apples to oranges.

I'm talking about nitpicking one throw and using it to continue an argument against playing Henne, and frankly dismissing him altogether.

There is zero patience in a lot of this fan base, and I've never seen a QB have so many individual throws discussed as though they were the life and death of his career.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:31 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Henne's deep ball accuracy leaves alot to be desired. His touch pass deliver leaves alot to be desired.

Those are the two key elements I see for him as a young QB that can be taught and e can develop.

I dont know if he has what it takes to be "that guy" if you know what I mean...

When great or even real good QB's are on the field they demand respect. I dont get the feeling Henne has that element yet.
I worry cause I dont know if that is something you can teach...

Needless to say he should have been the starter yesterday. It told me the coaching staff sees him as a liability, and he is their guy, they picked him to run this offense

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:09 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'm talking about nitpicking one throw and using it to continue an argument against playing Henne, and frankly dismissing him altogether.

There is zero patience in a lot of this fan base, and I've never seen a QB have so many individual throws discussed as though they were the life and death of his career.

I'm just raising legitimate questions about our QB. Sorry that you have a 44oz big gulp will koolaid in it.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:33 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phin wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

:clap:

Totally agree. At least he had the arm to overthrow it ... and behind as well. It's not as if he had all day to size up the throw. The Titans were in his face every time he stepped back in the pocket.

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I thought Parcells was the guy who picked Henne?

Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next