Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: Is Henne the QB?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:02 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

My bus has no numbers on the side. It's the bus of progression. This game barely qualifies as a speed bump and this bus, this bus of believers roll into Green Bay determined to fix the mistakes made 13 days ago and hopefully come away with the win

I hope you're right. But the fact reminds, Henne throws more picks than TDs and defense can't stop an undrafted FA RB. The special teams also gave up 3 TD's. SPeed bump? The bus just got totalled bro...Imagine Clay Mathews and company coming after Henne when we turnover the ball to a bunch of rookies.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:55 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
I'm not a bandwagon jumper but [I'm going to explain to you why I'm a bandwagon jumper].

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:34 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Maybe since I was at the game I am to drunk to truely realize WTF was really going on but... Chad Henne played like complete garbage... His first two picks were his fault and no one elses... i dont care how much i drank! I really believe Henne has one hell of a chance to be a great QB in this league but thats not going to happen when Henne is locking onto Wide Recievers and basically ignoring Marshall... We did not throw to him nearly enough and there is no excuse for it!!!! :boo:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:50 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

OMG... u guys with negative comments about a young qb are annoying.. not everyone is going to b dan marino or tom brady or peyton... we are trying to continue on making this team better.. everyone has bad games henne is growing hes better then he was last year we are one of the f**kin youngest teams in the league how do u give up on your team in week 4... i try to play it cool and read your annoying cpmments but phins fans are idiots if henne throws 20 ints this year then talk about him being horrible when do we ever destroy the pats in the passing game it always gets worst b4 it gets better... the coaches are finally letting him let loose let him learn from his mistakes and get better.. wth is wrong with you people... if u ask me we are a better team then last year... and the year b4.... wen we started both seasons 0-2 n 0-3 the phins always start slow then get better.. if u dont like the direction this YOUNG team is going thn go watch another team and bandwagon in other places.... i just think u guys want him to do wat (pardon my language) mr. fagchez is doing in ny but hes not get over this loss n let the freakin season go on... hes gna have a great one and all u back and fourth henne is great then one bad game henne is horrible people come back on all excited change your minds i will b hear to tell u to stfu again this is his 3rd year and 2nd starting... flacco has been playn bad but all the ravens fans support him n thats y he will b better so how bout u guys stop running every qb that comes to town out of town.. and maybe wen we get used to haveing one qb for more then two years without complaint we can become a great team again...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:19 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Phin wrote:
Henne was a part of the problem tonight, him and special teams. Oh yeah, lets not forget our team giving up extra yards to crappy players (see Whitehead). I'm not about to abandon Henne, but he isn't getting a free pass tonight, he flat out sucked.
The oddly funny thing is Miami had a KO returned for a TD, blocked punt deep in their territory, a FG blocked returned for a TD & you guys say little to nothing about that, but let Henne throw two 1st half Ints ( Like he is the 1st QB to ever throw a Int ) & he is horrible & might need to be replaced.

Good grief.

While I agree Henne did not play his best , let get a little focus.

This game is for all the idiots out there who think Miami needs to be throwing the ball around like they have Manning playing QB. Henne is still a pup when it comes to NFL experience.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:22 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator

wow a whole Henne thread & just a small mention of Sanchez.
Patriots win this gane even without the ST blunders , they find a way to capitalize on those picks if they had to.
Cowher is going to the Giants if they faulter , he is certainly not a south florida guy & Sparano is safe whether you like it or not.
Henne did stink it up , in fact I would say he looked like a ..... 2nd year QB. There were posts last week with the words Henne & Elite in them , now he is not the guy????
I do think however that the Dolphins the need to show improvement this season. While its not make or break for the regime we were all pinpointing year 3.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:25 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:

This game is for all the idiots out there who think Miami needs to be throwing the ball around like they have Manning playing QB. Henne is still a pup when it comes to NFL experience.

Thank you. Like Dan the Man never threw 3 interceptions in a game ... or had one returned back for a touchdown.

I like Henne, but he picked a bad time for a bad game. Let the kid regroup and figure out his mistakes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:06 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Its very hard not to have an emotional reaction and call for Henne's head after this game. Yes the special teams were putrid and cost Miami big time. But I still think it comes back to those first half INTs. That first pick screwed with Henne so bad because he is playing like a guy afraid to make a mistake. He was rushing his reads and staring down receivers like no one I've ever seen before. Both of his picks came in NE territory and probably cost Miami 14 points and serious momentum. That game should have been over in the first half or should have forced Brady to attempt a shootout. Henne's turnovers were the catalyst for the momentum swing.

Its no secret that I do my best to support Henne and point out the positives. But last night left some doubts in my mind about his progress. He has two major things working against him in comparison to other young, potential franchise guys. 1. He was not a first round pick, and first round picks just seem to inspire more confidence when it comes to a young QB. 2. More importantly, he hasn't won or proven anything. Say what you will about Sanchez, he played in the playoffs and has elevated his game this year. Ryan and Flacco have been to the playoffs and have won some significant games.

Henne has had some great games and some serious stinkers. He has not shown the IT factor yet. That is why no one (fans, analysts, writers, etc.) is jumping on his bandwagon. Each week you just don't know what you're going to get. I know everyone keeps saying Marino, Manning, Brady and everyone else had multi-Int games. But those guys can easily bounce back and then have a string of consistent, well played games. Henne hasn't.

As Miami fans we are all desperately looking for that next franchise QB. Its why we analyze every pass as though it is life and death.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:18 am 

Wasn't there a thread last week about Henne being "the guy"... c'mon man, it's 1 bad game...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:47 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

IamPZ wrote:
Wasn't there a thread last week about Henne being "the guy"... c'mon man, it's 1 bad game...

That's kind of the point. One week he's the man, next week he's the goat. I think you still give the guy a couple of seasons to develop and prove it, but until he does no one is going to define him as "our QB". Personally I think he has just as much of a chance as any young QB to be a franchise guy, he just needs the game to slow down for him.

There is just still something missing. I'm saying the IT factor because I can't pinpoint it. I guess it just has to be that point where I'm not holding my breath every time he drops back.

The guy should not lose his job nor should people be saying that Miami needs to seek out another QB. That is excessive at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:12 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
Thank you. Like Dan the Man never threw 3 interceptions in a game ... or had one returned back for a touchdown.

I like Henne, but he picked a bad time for a bad game. Let the kid regroup and figure out his mistakes.
I did not see anything last night that has even put the a little doubt in my mind about Henne. IMO his 1st Int was bad. The second IMO was a really good catch by a LBer & one I would expect most QB to throw. Henne might not have got the ball to the outside enough, but not spliting hair on him. His 3rd was all on Marshall.

Henne was 29 for 39 for 302 Yds & 2 Tds also. So using the term horrible is evaulating his play is asinine.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:11 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

Yeah well so is Sanchez and he's lighting it up and making plays (Don't give me the better players around him excuse because it doesn't fly) How long do we let the kid "regroup"? 2-3? 2-5? To me, you put the best players on the field regardless of experience. Had he lost to Ohio State this bad i doubt he would've been a 4 year starter.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:13 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

I did not see anything last night that has even put the a little doubt in my mind about Henne. IMO his 1st Int was bad. The second IMO was a really good catch by a LBer & one I would expect most QB to throw. Henne might not have got the ball to the outside enough, but not spliting hair on him. His 3rd was all on Marshall.

Henne was 29 for 39 for 302 Yds & 2 Tds also. So using the term horrible is evaulating his play is asinine.

pick six. missed streaking Wr's down the middle all night. Forced to a checkdown to whom he stared down before throwing to. Horrible is a good word to describe his night. On one sack Marshall was 5 yds downfield wide open. He takes his eyes off downfield, moves forward and takes the sack.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:15 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

Yeah but more often than naught, Dan brought the team back into the game at the end with a chance to win it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:16 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

NFLJunkie wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

Yeah but more often than naught, Dan brought the team back into the game at the end with a chance to win it.

Even when his special teams were directly responsible for three touchdowns?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:22 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Did you see Marinos first 3 seasons? Sorry but 41-14 in your home stadium on Monday Night is one few people will forget. 41-31 with a valiant comeback effort..maybe but a complete stinker of a game in which your contribution is only second to the worst ST's in the league. Henne has had 4 games this year. 2 were arguably bad, 1 average/good, and 1 horrible. If he's going to throw picks, I'd rather have Thigpen...at least the upside with Thigpen is the big play.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:31 am 

NFLJunkie wrote:
Did you see Marinos first 3 seasons?

Yes, but I think using Marino as an example is ridiculous.

He's not exactly the norm.

And again, when has Marino had to bring his team back when special teams are directly responsible for 21 points?

You failed to answer that question.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:49 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:

Dude even Ninkovich said he saw Henne staring down his receiver on both INT's ..... I saw 2-3 other forced throws as well that could've been picked off.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:51 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Did you see Marinos first 3 seasons?

And again, when has Marino had to bring his team back when special teams are directly responsible for 21 points?

The INT's happened early .... they killed momentum and Henne's confidence quite apparently.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:52 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Rich wrote:

Two drive killing interceptions in the first half had a lot to do with New England being in a position to take such a lead.

Junkie has a point in Henne having bad vision after the first drive. He really rushed his reads or locked on to receivers. His play prevented Miami from having a chance.

This stuff is correctable, he just needs to show it on the field.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:53 am 

Rock Sexton wrote:
The INT's happened early .... they killed momentum and Henne's confidence quite apparently.

I seem to recall Henne coming back later and leading a touchdown drive. So they didn't kill his confidence. When the special teams collapsed early in the third, it killed everybody's confidence.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:15 am 

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

I seem to recall Henne coming back later and leading a touchdown drive. So they didn't kill his confidence. When the special teams collapsed early in the third, it killed everybody's confidence.

Special teams was a joke no doubt, but we still can't overlook the fact that our QB threw 3 interceptions. He looked amazing at times... often followed by mediocrity or the classic "face palm".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 am 

IamPZ wrote:
Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Special teams was a joke no doubt, but we still can't overlook the fact that our QB threw 3 interceptions. He looked amazing at times... often followed by mediocrity or the classic "face palm".

Who is overlooking the interceptions? No one.

But there are those focusing on Henne when he wasn't the biggest reason we lost.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:11 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Rich wrote:
Who is overlooking the interceptions? No one.

But there are those focusing on Henne when he wasn't the biggest reason we lost.

Is this guy going to be Joey Harrington who just wanted to be told where to throw and lock on to one target, or is he going to develop into a good starter who can make reads and process information without panicking? That is the long term question for Henne.

Last night he made some throws and he made some game altering mistakes. His 2nd TD pass was a dump off to Williams, not an impressive pass to a guy moving to the end zone so I'm not sure that alleviated confidence concerns. I have to agree that the interceptions screwed with his head. He was playing a bit panicky and it showed.

Special teams gets its share of the blame, but Henne's early mistakes kept the Patriots in the game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:46 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I'm officially going to stop railing on Henne for last night's game after I read this from ESPN (why do I bother?):

s of "right now", head coach Tony Sparano says the Dolphins are not considering a change at QB, per Mike Berardino of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Note the time-frame qualification.

---

This was supposed to be the season when Miami Dolphins QB Chad Henne made the leap to being amongst the NFL's top young passers, especially given that they brought in one of the league's top young WRs in Brandon Marshall. But while Joe Flacco led a game-winning drive in Pittsburgh in Week 4, Mark Sanchez continues to develop in New York and Matt Ryan keeps the Atlanta Falcons rolling, Henne may already be running out of chances.

Henne was replaced by Tyler Thigpen in garbage time of the Dolphins' Monday night loss to the New England Patriots, and ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Tuesday morning that the team is worried about Henne. Mort continued in saying that Chad Pennington could be Henne's short-term successor, with Thigpen becoming the next "future franchise QB."

Just as their AFC East brethren in Buffalo have failed to find a successor to Jim Kelly, so the Dolphins have yet to find their heir apparent to Dan Marino if Henne becomes the latest flame-out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:49 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:

This team is not better this year. Last year, we were 7-9 and gave away the playoffs in the last month. That was after an 11-5 season. This year, I see us finishing with fewer than 7 wins. I see regression there....not a team "getting better" every year!

Amazing what a weak schedule will do for a team. Miami was not a 11-5 team in '08.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:49 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Tyler Thigpen? Come on.

Crap journalism from knee jerk reporters.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:57 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:

---

This was supposed to be the season when Miami Dolphins QB Chad Henne made the leap to being amongst the NFL's top young passers, especially given that they brought in one of the league's top young WRs in Brandon Marshall. But while Joe Flacco led a game-winning drive in Pittsburgh in Week 4, Mark Sanchez continues to develop in New York and Matt Ryan keeps the Atlanta Falcons rolling, Henne may already be running out of chances.

I love articles like this. They leave out tons of info with such BS. Need to send the writer this info.

Joe Flacco ( Week 2 ) 17/39 154 Yds 1 TD & 4 Ints ( Against the Bengals )
Matt Ryan ( Week 2 ) 26/43 273 Yds 1 TD & 2 ints ( Against the 49ers )

The difference. This is Yr 3 starting for both these guys & they have over 32 starts each.
Henne 17.

I simply do not get the hate on Henne stuff I'm reading. Just don't get it. His play last night did not lose the game for Miami. Not even close.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:59 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

To prove my point:

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano laughed off a report from ESPN's Chris Mortensen, saying the team has no plans to make a change at quarterback "right now."
Sparano defended Henne's play Monday night, saying, "This guy threw 10 incompletions ... Thought he had a hell of a day." He also added that he sees "progress in a lot of areas" with Henne. Mortensen had reported that the Dolphins could turn to Chad Pennington before eventually going to Tyler Thigpen, but that appears, at least for now, to be premature.
Source: Mike Berardino on Twitter

Can we petition to have Chris Mortenson and John Clayton fired?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:02 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

NFLJunkie wrote:

pick six..
Completed pass if Marshall does not stop his route.

NFLJunkie wrote:

missed streaking Wr's down the middle all night.
Proof?

NFLJunkie wrote:

Forced to a checkdown to whom he stared down before throwing to. Horrible is a good word to describe his night. On one sack Marshall was 5 yds downfield wide open. He takes his eyes off downfield, moves forward and takes the sack.
How easy it is to play sitting on the couch or in a stadium seat watching replays.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:24 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

pick six..
Completed pass if Marshall does not stop his route.

NFLJunkie wrote:

missed streaking Wr's down the middle all night.
Proof?

NFLJunkie wrote:

Forced to a checkdown to whom he stared down before throwing to. Horrible is a good word to describe his night. On one sack Marshall was 5 yds downfield wide open. He takes his eyes off downfield, moves forward and takes the sack.
How easy it is to play sitting on the couch or in a stadium seat watching replays.

I didn't see any "streaking, wide open receivers" not being thrown to, particularly not all night. Methinks you majored in Hyperbole at Exaggeration University.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:36 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

jammer wrote:
I'm officially going to stop railing on Henne for last night's game after I read this from ESPN (why do I bother?):

s of "right now", head coach Tony Sparano says the Dolphins are not considering a change at QB, per Mike Berardino of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Note the time-frame qualification.

---

Henne was replaced by Tyler Thigpen in garbage time of the Dolphins' Monday night loss to the New England Patriots, and ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Tuesday morning that the team is worried about Henne. Mort continued in saying that Chad Pennington could be Henne's short-term successor, with Thigpen becoming the next "future franchise QB."

Just as their AFC East brethren in Buffalo have failed to find a successor to Jim Kelly, so the Dolphins have yet to find their heir apparent to Dan Marino if Henne becomes the latest flame-out.

Dear Chris Mortensen,

Henne could be Pennington's short term successor, with Thigpen becoming the next "future franchise QB".

Unbelievable. I wonder if that guy is even self-aware.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:41 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Not accurate and throws int's...Qb's like that are a dime a dozen....The score should have been 17-3 at half...But Henne choked just like last week

Mike Vick is starting to look real good

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:45 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

kev1321 wrote:
Not accurate and throws int's...Qb's like that are a dime a dozen....The score should have been 17-3 at half...But Henne choked just like last week

When did Henne choke against the Jets?

And BTW, Henne has thrown the same amount of INT's as Phillip Rivers and less than Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco and Brett Favre. He has a higher completion pct. than 22 of the 32 starting QB's in the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:46 pm 

At least the Wildcat worked...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:52 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Rich wrote:

At least Cam Cameron was fired

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:58 pm 

kev1321 wrote:
Rich wrote:

At least Cam Cameron was fired

Not exactly sure what that has to do with the 2010 season.

If you like living in the past, let's revisit those glory days when you were barred from coming here.

The collective IQ of the forum was certainly much higher.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:12 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Phins Rock wrote:
kev1321 wrote:

And BTW, Henne has thrown the same amount of INT's as Phillip Rivers and less than Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco and Brett Favre. He has a higher completion pct. than 22 of the 32 starting QB's in the NFL.

Did you miss the Jets game....1st and 10 from the 11 game on the line....0 points...INT......Loss

Rivers and Rodger will be in the pro bowl...Henne will be lucky to keep his job

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:19 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

kev1321 wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
kev1321 wrote:

Did you miss the Jets game....1st and 10 from the 11 game on the line....0 points...INT......Loss

3rd down and 8 from the 11, MNF against number 1 D, Henne rolls out and throws a strike to put Miami in position to win.

He had a bad game last night. OMG, he's a bust.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:33 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
Phins Rock wrote:

3rd down and 8 from the 11, MNF against number 1 D, Henne rolls out and throws a strike to put Miami in position to win.

He had a bad game last night. OMG, he's a bust.
[/quote]

Whatever that's suppose to mean.....The Patriots are far from the #1 defense :hithead:

Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next