All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:58 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly
Phinfever Blog Writer - Good, Bad, & Ugly

Looks like its for the Tom Brady tampering charge. Dolphins lose a 1st rounder in 2023 and a third rounder in 2024.

There goes plan B in case Tua sucks this year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:14 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Ross is a disgrace to this franchise.
Grier as well.

They should be ran out of town and the franchise never look back.

I'm not sure what else to say here - is this, plus the Watson crap, plus the Harbaugh crap... not enough for us fans to give this franchise the middle finger?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:32 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Ross is a complete buffoon and TommyNoleFin the traitor, as much of a buffoon as he is, was spot on when he said this team would never win a Super Bowl with him as the owner.

Last edited by ArtieChokePhin on Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:35 pm 

Losing a first round draft pick is a terrible blow to an NFL franchise, though I suppose it is better than drafting someone and paying them for several years to take up a roster spot and not get on the field (thinking of Iggy right now, though hoping he contributes this year).

The silver lining might be that this could usher Ross out of ownership.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:38 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ross and Grier both have made great strides in ruining this team. That said, Brady is still sticking it to the Dolphins, but this time because Ross is a moron. Hard to root for this organization. It will get worse though because looking at the schedule If the Phins lose on opening day, then I do not see a win till week 5. The Tyreek Hill trade signaled this year was a win now kind of year, so how will the outlook change with an 8-9 season…or worse?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:45 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Isn’t this sad when you see a guy accused of over 20 sex crimes only get a 6 game suspension? The Cheatriots recently lost a 3rd round pick for filming the Bungles sideline…a repeat offense that cost them a 1st rounder in 2008. The Cheatriots always get a bevy of compensatory picks as they let old players go and sign new guys eager for a playoff ride….it makes a joke of the compensatory pick system. It makes losing picks for cheating worth the risk for New England. I bet Flores was key in making this recent Phin penalty happen….you know he was eager to pee all over the team.

This organization is a joke. They trade for picks and often waste them….looking at you Iggy and Jackson…and the stupid owner can not follow the rules so they can lose more picks. Fans need to shun this team till Ross is gone and Grier goes with him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:07 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Time for another U of F day?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:56 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

These guys are “self made” billionaires…you’d think they would simply just know better but I guess Ross’ panties were wet at the thought of hiring a 45 year old Brady onto a roster/franchise that hasn’t won a playoff game since 9/11.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:02 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
Ross is a complete buffoon and TommyNoleFin the traitor, as much of a buffoon as he is, was spot on when he said this team would never win a Super Bowl with him as the owner.

Can we ban the mention of that guy’s username? Like Bloody Mary?

Tommy was just caught up inside his own glass case of emotion when he wrote that infamous thread…crediting him for his foresight would be like crediting a deaf man warning about Pompeii as the ashes fell.

If Vegas sold odds on Ross retiring with a SB it would probably be somewhere around +2500…let’s ease up a little on the praise. He didn’t break any news to anyone, all he did was cry the hardest and loudest during a shhhh situation.

Tommy and his dog ain’t shhh. ‘Lest not forget the only reason he jumped on that team…because his college boy-crush, Cap’n Crab Legs happened to be behind center at the time. I’m sure he is a much happier man since trading in his aqua & orange pom-poms for red & silver. What a turtle.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:36 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:

Tommy was just caught up inside his own glass case of emotion when he wrote that infamous thread…crediting him for his foresight would be like crediting a deaf man warning about Pompeii as the ashes fell.

If Vegas sold odds on Ross retiring with a SB it would probably be somewhere around +2500…let’s ease up a little on the praise. He didn’t break any news to anyone, all he did was cry the hardest and loudest during a shhhh situation.

Tommy and his dog ain’t shhh. ‘Lest not forget the only reason he jumped on that team…because his college boy-crush, Cap’n Crab Legs happened to be behind center at the time. I’m sure he is a much happier man since trading in his aqua & orange pom-poms for red & silver. What a turtle.

Well said!

But as for Ross, he needs to go. I wish the NFL would force him to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:49 pm 
2022 Survivor Champ!
2022 Survivor Champ!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't put any of this on Grier. I still think it should be obvious that Grier has done a good job of building this roster. No, he doesn't hit on every pick. You gonna fire him for that? Get ready to fire every GM from now on forever.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:21 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:

I love the way you, Rich and Ninja dogpiled on him. That was hilarious and profoundly entertaining. But the one thing I have no choice but to give him credit for is this...... he said the Bucs would win a Super Bowl in five years and they did.

But ya know what they say..... Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:19 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
But ya know what they say..... Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time.

So simple yet impossibly truthful that it shall be written on his gravestone. Ole’ TommyNoleNutz…

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:35 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:

So simple yet impossibly truthful that it shall be written on his gravestone. Ole’ TommyNoleNutz…

Make sure you're having a slug of Makers or Woodford when that gets written on his grave. I sure will be.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:26 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Brady and Payton next season

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:48 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

The Don wrote:
Ross is a disgrace to this franchise.
Grier as well.

Why Grier?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:49 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Phinished wrote:
Ross and Grier both have made great strides in ruining this team. That said, Brady is still sticking it to the Dolphins, but this time because Ross is a moron. Hard to root for this organization. It will get worse though because looking at the schedule If the Phins lose on opening day, then I do not see a win till week 5. The Tyreek Hill trade signaled this year was a win now kind of year, son…or worse?

Again why Grier? Is it simply guilt by association?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:52 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Phin wrote:

But as for Ross, he needs to go. I wish the NFL would force him to sell.

Agree, since the day he purchased the Phins they have became of laughing stock. Heard something today on sports talk when they were talking about this. The commentator said " That's so Dolphins "

If the NFL were serious about things, they would have made him sell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:55 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

ArtieChokePhin wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:

I love the way you, Rich and Ninja dogpiled on him. That was hilarious and profoundly entertaining. But the one thing I have no choice but to give him credit for is this...... he said the Bucs would win a Super Bowl in five years and they did.

I don’t give him credit for that either. There was absolutely no way of predicting Brady would leave the Pats and go to the Bucs. Without him they wouldn’t have gone to a Super Bowl. Playoffs? Maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:33 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
The commentator said " That's so Dolphins "

If the NFL were serious about things, they would have made him sell

Who cares? You may as well tune into “The View” if you truly care enough to quote what (almost) any kinda media says.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:36 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Phinished wrote:
Ross and Grier both have made great strides in ruining this team. That said, Brady is still sticking it to the Dolphins, but this time because Ross is a moron. Hard to root for this organization. It will get worse though because looking at the schedule If the Phins lose on opening day, then I do not see a win till week 5. The Tyreek Hill trade signaled this year was a win now kind of year, son…or worse?

Again why Grier? Is it simply guilt by association?

Because he stockpiles picks and then spends them reaching for talent…I do not like first round reaching and Grier has done his share. Also, they make trades that they think are smart…but fool themselves when a team like SF turns it around quickly, all while taking our high picks and flipping us very low ones. I told folks back then that SF’s picks were going to be near the bottom of the round, because they can manage a football team while Ross and Grier look like circus clowns.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:11 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Phinished wrote:
Because he stockpiles picks and then spends them reaching for talent…I do not like first round reaching and Grier has done his share. Also, they make trades that they think are smart…but fool themselves when a team like SF turns it around quickly, all while taking our high picks and flipping us very low ones. I told folks back then that SF’s picks were going to be near the bottom of the round, because they can manage a football team while Ross and Grier look like circus clowns.

Man you act as if you pay zero attention to anything out side Miami.

SF turned around quickly?? SF was a 13-3 team in 2019, had injuries and had a bad 2020 season ( Which benefited the Phins in a trade W/ the third pick of the draft, so you were wrong.). Then went 10-7 in a weak NFC conference. SF did not turn things around, they were already a quality team.

If SF was so great at managing a football team then why were they 3-13 in winning season from 2002-2019? Again do you pay attention to any not Miami?

Grier has built a soild team. However, a team is only as solid as its owner.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:08 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

can the other owners just vote Ross out??? He is an embarrassment. I'm sick of this guy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:36 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Phinished wrote:

Man you act as if you pay zero attention to anything out side Miami.

SF turned around quickly?? SF was a 13-3 team in 2019, had injuries and had a bad 2020 season ( Which benefited the Phins in a trade W/ the third pick of the draft, so you were wrong.). Then went 10-7 in a weak NFC conference. SF did not turn things around, they were already a quality team.

If SF was so great at managing a football team then why were they 3-13 in winning season from 2002-2019? Again do you pay attention to any not Miami?

Grier has built a soild team. However, a team is only as solid as its owner.

We traded the #3 pick in the draft….and did we get a high first round draft pick in a later year for it….no we did not. Grier dealt picks to get Waddle…a fine player, but we could have had Chase with the original pick, instead of trading away two first round picks for Waddle. The 2022 49ers pick went to acquire Tyreek Hill. A fine piece to put on the board if you are ready to win now and go on a playoff run. The team needed more help on the O line…yes, we got an oft injured Tackle and a guard we are putting at center (wtf), but I believe the line still needs help. I do not think ithe Hill trade was worth the cost, because I do not see this as a playoff team. Our 2023 49ers pick will likely be near the bottom of the round and Ross buffooned us out of our pick. Grier also wasted 1st round picks on Igby and Austin turnstile Jackson. If you think he is a great GM, then enjoy a team that stays forever in mediocrity at best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:51 am 
Phinfever Draft Analyst
Phinfever Draft Analyst

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
crediting him for his foresight would be like crediting a deaf man warning about Pompeii as the ashes fell.

Hahaha. This is A+ material.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:56 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm still disgusted with this. You can cheat to win a Super Bowl and get a lessor penalty. On the other hand, Shula built a team on integrity, and Ross has sullied the name of a once proud Dolphins franchise. An apology to the fans would have been nice, but nope. He is in denial.

And why the Grier hate? The man has put together the best roster we have had in a very long time, and we currently aren't in salary cap hell. Every GM whiffs, but he has had more successes than losses and this is proven by the quality of the roster.

A couple tweets to think over.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:31 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Are y'all seriously defending Grier?
He's been a major and consistent part of this franchise for the past ~20 years, and has done nothing out of this world to make us better. Y'all keep saying things like "the best roster we've had in a long time".... are you kidding me? They've not played a game yet. They look good "on paper"... that it's. Prove it me otherwise. How many playoff appearances in the lat 22 years? How many playoff wins? How many coaches have we went through? How many Quarterbacks? Rigggggghhhhhhttttt.....

When Flores went, they all should've went - Grier hasn't done squat.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:42 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

The Don wrote:
He's been a major and consistent part of this franchise for the past ~20 years, and has done nothing out of this world to make us better. Y'all keep saying things like "the best roster we've had in a long time".... are you kidding me? They've not played a game yet. They look good "on paper"... that it's. Prove it me otherwise. How many playoff appearances in the lat 22 years? How many playoff wins? How many coaches have we went through? How many Quarterbacks? Rigggggghhhhhhttttt.....

Spot on. And that's another thing Ross still hasn't learned... you can't fire the coach and keep the GM (or vice versa). If you do, you've tied your hands and your candidates to choose from will be limited.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:59 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Well losing that 1 , just makes Tua safer for next season.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:01 pm 

Boss Ross strikes again. He is not in my opinion an NFL guy and I have doubts he ever will be. He has shown himself to be tone deaf to the protocols of the NFL, and now he really hurt the team where it lives. I hope he can appeal and maybe arbitration can get the penalty knocked down or something, course there probably is no appeal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:09 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Don wrote:

He hits on some players, but fails too often. He wheels and deals and he seems to get schooled more often than not. Flores was a disaster for this team and I suspect he is still working to undermine the organization. Grier obviously had to agree on Flores as head coach…I totally agree that both Grier and Flores should have been gone.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:10 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Phinished wrote:
We traded the #3 pick in the draft….and did we get a high first round draft pick in a later year for it….no we did not. Grier dealt picks to get Waddle…a fine player, but we could have had Chase with the original pick, instead of trading away two first round picks for Waddle.

WoW. A Wr that set the rookie reception record is just a fine player. Gotcha. Miami used some of what they got to move back up. Had SF had the 6th Miami would have only gotten one additional 1st They did not traded two 1st Rd. picks for Waddle. Traded one. They have SF first this yr. So why wouldn't oned trade down from 3 to 6th for Waddle and a 1st. Actually think Chase would be what he was last yr in Miami? Highly doubtful. Lets see what Waddle does this yr.

Phinished wrote:
The 2022 49ers ( Miami ) pick went to acquire Tyreek Hill. A fine piece to put on the board if you are ready to win now and go on a playoff run. The team needed more help on the O line…yes, we got an oft injured Tackle and a guard we are putting at center (wtf), but I believe the line still needs help. I do not think ithe Hill trade was worth the cost, because I do not see this as a playoff team..
Only time will tell. Lets face it. Since when has Miami made a bold move?

Phinished wrote:
Our 2023 49ers pick will likely be near the bottom of the round and Ross buffooned us out of our pick. Grier also wasted 1st round picks on Igby and Austin turnstile Jackson. If you think he is a great GM, then enjoy a team that stays forever in mediocrity at best.
Not the first GM to miss on a 1st. Like I said. Check out other GM's picks over the yr. Nothing special for the most part.

Unless a Qb from a low tier conference that only played 12 games in college dominates, then they probably will take a step back. If Jimmy G starts, then probably correct.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:12 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

The Don wrote:

Factually been in the org. Factually not making the calls. Unless you are the one making the calls, you are not responsible for the decisions made.

Are you held responsible for the decision your boss makes?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:14 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

ArtieChokePhin wrote:

Spot on. And that's another thing Ross still hasn't learned... you can't fire the coach and keep the GM (or vice versa). If you do, you've tied your hands and your candidates to choose from will be limited.

Factually wrong on coach. Unless your a named coach, then GM out ranks you

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:11 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Dphins4me wrote:
ArtieChokePhin wrote:

Factually wrong on coach. Unless your a named coach, then GM out ranks you

Are you stying day-drunk these days? Grier has been part of this organization is some form for ~20 something years at this point. Has watched, has helped, has been part of that failure for the entire time, in some aspect.

And yes, if my boss fails, to some degree we get part of the blame. It's called being part of a team or an organization. That's like saying, oh look, we have a Pro-Bowl WR who does his job well, while he's on the worst offense in the league... or you know... "Waddle broke the rookie reception record, he's amazing".... while the offense spits and sputters all year.

My question to you is, while you're quick to say we're wrong about Grier, but all you keep doing is saying that... so tell me... what makes him great... go ahead.... support Grier being the man for the past 20 years in the capacity he's been hired to do... why is this Grier so special and shoudl have kept his job when Flores was fired? Be careful what you say with the draft crap... because he's failed more than he's hit on.... go on... we're waiting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:23 am 

Since the League is taking the Phins draft pick they may as well make the playoffs and a run at the Super Bowl, so they only lose a lower pick.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:33 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

The Don wrote:
Are you stying day-drunk these days? Grier has been part of this organization is some form for ~20 something years at this point. Has watched, has helped, has been part of that failure for the entire time, in some aspect. .
Blaming Grier for the failures prior regimes is like blaming the ball boy for the outfielder missing a fly ball, because he was the boy ball the last time an outfielder missed a ball. Simply stupid or an emotionally made comment without thought.

The Don wrote:
And yes, if my boss fails, to some degree we get part of the blame. It's called being part of a team or an organization.
If I sit and tell my boss not to do something and they do it and it fails. Its on them, not me.

The Don wrote:
That's like saying, oh look, we have a Pro-Bowl WR who does his job well, while he's on the worst offense in the league... or you know... "Waddle broke the rookie reception record, he's amazing".... while the offense spits and sputters all year.
An asinine and ignorant point. Makes zero sense. One player cannot carry a team, especially a Wr.

The Don wrote:
My question to you is, while you're quick to say we're wrong about Grier, but all you keep doing is saying that... so tell me... what makes him great... go ahead.... support Grier being the man for the past 20 years in the capacity he's been hired to do... why is this Grier so special and shoudl have kept his job when Flores was fired? Be careful what you say with the draft crap... because he's failed more than he's hit on.... go on... we're waiting.
See fans like you typically view things with tunnel vision. I only see what I want to see. If one looks hard enough for something, they will see it.

Lack of thought comment to blame Grier prior to him becoming the man making the decisions. Being blamed for being an advisor is simply naive. I've advised my boss many times on things only to be told different and watch them do it different. When it fails, I pick up the pieces and fix it.

Fans sits on draft day listening to the talking heads tell everyone how great this pick is and how he is instantly upgrade their team. There are no gurus ( See NFL Networks DRAFT EXPERT pick, he sucked, but prior he was an NFL DRAFT EXPERT. ) I figured him out when he told us all UNC Wr Greg Little was going to be a star. I drafted him and he was a nothing. Then I started noticing.

However, fans fail to see other GMs of even better teams also miss on picks. Griers drafts have had their hits and misses, just like every other GM in the NFL. He has hit on undrafted FA ( Needham - Sieler ) to name two.

Grier took control in 2019. Took Wilkens. You have issues with him? Took Van Ginkel/Gaskins late in the draft and they have been solid contributors. You have issues with them? Dieter has played, but yet to establish himself.

Its always the 2020 draft Miami fans that hate Grier cling to. He drafted Tua. Of course Herbert has outplayed him, so it was the wrong decision, but yet a few months earlier they were cheering "Tank for Tua " Herbert makes the Tua pick look bad, but yet has as many play off games to his resume as Tua and Tua has ten time the less talent around him and a coach undermining him, plus the infamous co-OC debacle from last yr. Of course Jackson & Igby so far have been failures, but also found Robert Hunt, Raekwon Davis, Brandon Jones and a solid LS at the bottom of the draft. Kindley was solid his rookie yr, but something happened last yr.

In 2021 Grier knocked it out of the park. Dropped three spots and picked up an extra 1st. Still landed the Wr that broke the rookie reception record. Rookie De that blossomed as the season went on in Phillips and landed Holland in Rd. 2. A safety that looks to be a perennial all-pro. All three with solid rookie seasons under their belt and potential to be great. You have issues with them?

In 2022. He trades for one of the best WR in the NFL and IMO a low moral character in Hill. Still lands what many talking heads believe to be a solid LBer in Tindall. The Wr he took is currently being praised with his camp.

He also has been great at managing the cap repairing the cap hell Tannebaum put Miami in.

Damn, he has actually been more solid than I originally thought.

Grier has missed on draft picks. I think he reached on Igby, but I do also think Flores wanted him.

A couple more things. Out of the 32 GMs. Where would Grier rank on drafted player being at least solid contributors versus bust.

Provide me one ( just one ) GM that hasn't had his missed on draft day. Oh yea, we're waiting.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:13 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yep….Grier has gotten this team so many playoff wins and appearances. He is a genius. This organization is a f’n joke now. No playoff wins since 2000, but some fans talk like this team is a perennial contender for the championship.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:23 pm 
Dynasty League
Dynasty League

Phinished wrote:
Yep….Grier has gotten this team so many playoff wins and appearances. He is a genius. This organization is a f’n joke now.

Then leave and stop being a fan. Please, just F'in leave, please. Nothing keeping you here. Grier has built a solid team, maybe not a championship team but a solid team. Quality coaching is the issue. Blame Flores for his issues. Changing coaches constantly. Changing OCs every yr. You want other teams. You love Chase, but bash Waddle and ignore the team issues between them. Love Herbert even though he has superior talent around him and still can't make the playoffs.

The issue in Miami is leadership and that starts with the owner, who continues to turn the org into a joke. Hard to be successful when your owner continues to undermine you.

Phinished wrote:
No playoff wins since 2000, but some fans talk like this team is a perennial contender for the championship.
Such an asinine comment.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:46 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
Grier took control in 2019. Took Wilkens. You have issues with him? Took Van Ginkel/Gaskins late in the draft and they have been solid contributors. You have issues with them? Dieter has played, but yet to establish himself.

Its always the 2020 draft Miami fans that hate Grier cling to. He drafted Tua. Of course Herbert has outplayed him, so it was the wrong decision, but yet a few months earlier they were cheering "Tank for Tua " Herbert makes the Tua pick look bad, but yet has as many play off games to his resume as Tua and Tua has ten time the less talent around him and a coach undermining him, plus the infamous co-OC debacle from last yr. Of course Jackson & Igby so far have been failures, but also found Robert Hunt, Raekwon Davis, Brandon Jones and a solid LS at the bottom of the draft. Kindley was solid his rookie yr, but something happened last yr.

In 2021 Grier knocked it out of the park. Dropped three spots and picked up an extra 1st. Still landed the Wr that broke the rookie reception record. Rookie De that blossomed as the season went on in Phillips and landed Holland in Rd. 2. A safety that looks to be a perennial all-pro. All three with solid rookie seasons under their belt and potential to be great. You have issues with them?

In 2022. He trades for one of the best WR in the NFL and IMO a low moral character in Hill. Still lands what many talking heads believe to be a solid LBer in Tindall. The Wr he took is currently being praised with his camp.

He also has been great at managing the cap repairing the cap hell Tannebaum put Miami in.

Damn, he has actually been more solid than I originally thought.

Grier has missed on draft picks. I think he reached on Igby, but I do also think Flores wanted him.

A couple more things. Out of the 32 GMs. Where would Grier rank on drafted player being at least solid contributors versus bust.

Provide me one ( just one ) GM that hasn't had his missed on draft day. Oh yea, we're waiting.

So, I don't agree with how some of you all talk to each other, but I agree with the content of this from Scot. Since the tank, Grier has been good. In the past he has had a chance to sit under other GMs and see what works and what fails. He has cleaned house and has put together a good roster and it is based on what his coach needs. He is a HC whisperer and he listens. I believe he learned a lot about the type of players he needs for his defense based on what he learned from Flores, and now he is going to add offensive pieces based on McDaniel's input.

I say to stick to the plan. We do not need another reboot with a new GM.

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next