All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 25088
Location: Miami, FL
MTFan wrote:
oh now I get it.


I highly doubt that.

Quote:
And I asked as opposed to?


I take it you haven't noticed that there are teams who like to spend big in free agency.

Quote:
man I am retarded


If you say so.

Quote:
if I would have used the word supplement in front of free agency it would have been spot on, but that word should go without saying, the bulk of every team is built through the draft.


The bulk? The Jets have acquired a lot of their core talent through free agency and trades. In fact, they have been spending quite a bit of money this way the past couple of years. I guess you haven't heard of the Washington Redskins, who build their team on an annual basis by signing a bunch of free agents or trading for top players.

There are teams that believe in chasing big money free agents in order to build the core of their teams. You may have missed it while spending so much time making innane arguments out of nothing just to stir the pot with the members of this board. At least bring some substance to the table.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:56 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
How about we stay on topic?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:05 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 546
Rich wrote:
...The Jets have acquired a lot of their core talent...


I hate the jets


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:39 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 9535
Location: Fargo, ND
Amen


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:39 am
Posts: 2061
Location: Houston, Texas
I like this topic discussion, but would prefer to hear more opinions of players that are realistic for Miami to pursue. Can anyone think of more possible free agents that could be a good fit in Miami?

Just curious if any ex-49ers or Broncos talent are free agents on defense that Mike Nolan might be an advocate for signing? Any other sleeper type names out there? Also, if anyone can find a link to all the available free agents, that would be cool to see. I know this collective bargaining deal could really mess some things ups, but just curious who's available.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:34 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 546
Finhead wrote:
I like this topic discussion, but would prefer to hear more opinions of players that are realistic for Miami to pursue. Can anyone think of more possible free agents that could be a good fit in Miami?

Just curious if any ex-49ers or Broncos talent are free agents on defense that Mike Nolan might be an advocate for signing? Any other sleeper type names out there? Also, if anyone can find a link to all the available free agents, that would be cool to see. I know this collective bargaining deal could really mess some things ups, but just curious who's available.


I'm thinking there is chance we could see Scott Fujita.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:31 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Where does Fujita fit into the 34 though?? I see him more as a 3rd down guy, but not a base 34 D LB.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 25088
Location: Miami, FL
Phins Rock wrote:
Where does Fujita fit into the 34 though?? I see him more as a 3rd down guy, but not a base 34 D LB.


He would probably have to slide inside to ILB. But I don't see it.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:46 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 9535
Location: Fargo, ND
I would rather have McClain I think


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:50 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Posts: 546
Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Where does Fujita fit into the 34 though?? I see him more as a 3rd down guy, but not a base 34 D LB.


He would probably have to slide inside to ILB. But I don't see it.



I can't see it either. I just know how much Parcells likes the guy.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r