View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Henne is 3rd in the NFL in 3rd-down efficiency 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Henne is 3rd in the NFL in 3rd-down efficiency
He's not 2nd ... let's bench Henne and start Pennington;)

Quote:
Dolphins QB Chad Henne is currently third in the league in third-down passing efficiency.
Henne has been able to post impressive statistics even though his on field performance has been mediocre at best. He was pulled in garbage time late in Monday's Week 4 loss to the Patriots after throwing three interceptions, though he remains the starter. The Dolphins' Week 5 bye couldn't have come at a better time.

www.rotoworld.com

Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Henne is 3rd in the NFL in 3rd-down efficiency
he will be 15/24 this week, 13/22 the following.... there is a pattern forming

He will only pass on 3rd downs...

1st n 10 - run
2nd n 5 - run
3rd n 1 - run
3rd n long - pass

he gets 1/4 of the plays....

:ann0y: :) he is developing.... Hopefully when Ricky retires & Ronnie signs somewhere else he will be fully developed... Like a 19 year old blonde.... LMAO!!!!

Sorry.... its 3:15, been a long day... :fart:

Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Bench him. He didn't stop Patrick Chung from blocking two kicks.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:36 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I have been voyeur on this site for some time but I think the cops are watching me lol, time to speak up! I believe it was Marshall Faulk on yesterdays Gameday This Morning on NFL network that named Henne the best young QB under the age of 25! The best - maybe not - but everyone wants him hung up by his ballbag after last Monday night and I just don't see it! He only started having a bad game after our ST's let the game get out of hand 2 minutes into the 3rd. If Henning would take the cuffs off and give him a chance to run the offense then I think he could be something special. Till then we will get more of the same - average at best!

Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:41 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I agree with almost everything said in this post. I do believe Henne is the best QB we have had since "Dan the Man". But, there are a couple of things that trouuble me about Henne. First he has to learn to stop locking on a specific receiver. Second, I think he needs to learn to let the play develop before he checks down to a running back. Other than that, I think his development is very much on schedule and I believe we have found are long term answer at QB.

On a different subject am I the only dolphin fan that would like to see someone other than Hartline start opposite of Marshall. I just don't see much added value in his play this season.

Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:29 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin wrote:
Bench him. He didn't stop Patrick Chung from blocking two kicks.

I couldn't agree with you more. Henne's inability to stop opposing special teams units has cost us one too many games this season. I'm sick and tired of it!
:)

Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:17 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

10acjed wrote:
he will be fully developed... Like a 19 year old blonde.... LMAO!!!!

*drools* lol!

We just can't have him throwing 40+ times a game at this point... we get the run game going, we start winning games. Henne has been a great game manager, exactly what Pennington has taught him, but he's on/off when it comes to carrying the team.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:03 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

First of all, I think that has a lot to do with Bess. If I'm not mistaken Bess leads the league in 3rd down receptions.

Secondly, IMO, Henne is having trouble because Henning can't decide what kind of identity the offense is going to have. We were a running team the past few years, then a wildcat, and it seems as if Henning got scared when asked last week about the development of Henne. I think that he threw the ball against New England to prove that Henne wasn't ready for more.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]