View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Ricky ranks 2nd .... in most fumbles per attempt 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Ricky ranks 2nd .... in most fumbles per attempt
Quote:
Among the 33 active running backs with at least 500 carries, Williams has fumbled the second-most often (once every 53.6 attempts), ahead of only Adrian Peterson. Brian Westbrook is the best (one fumble every 436.3 carries), according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/10/02/1 ... ances.html

Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:01 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Ricky ranks 2nd .... in most fumbles per attempt
Time to train with Tiki Barber. The article below is in reference to Adrain Peterson's fumbling.

Quote:
From 2000 to the 2003 season, Giants running back, Tiki Barber had similar problems with fumbles; he totaled 35 fumbles in those four seasons. He then took the offseason before the start of the 2004 year to really focus on that issue and in his final three seasons he saw his best years of his career.

Barber only fumbled the ball nine times in those three years and he also made the Pro Bowl each of those seasons. He never rushed for less than 1,500 yards and never averaged lower than 4.7 yards per carry.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/332877-adrian-peterson-needs-to-learn-some-lessons-from-tiki-barber-on-fumbling

Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:55 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Has there ever been an R & R express?? Seems these guys never have put together a bunch of games where they rush for at least close to 100 yards each & just take over a game where other great RB tandems have done on a regular basis. The express really has been just a loose caboose & I would think after this season our RB situation will look very different.
A breakout game would be nice.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:10 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

FINesse wrote:
Has there ever been an R & R express?? Seems these guys never have put together a bunch of games where they rush for at least close to 100 yards each & just take over a game where other great RB tandems have done on a regular basis. The express really has been just a loose caboose & I would think after this season our RB situation will look very different.
A breakout game would be nice.

We are middle of the pack rushing so far this season... Ranking 16th.. Although many teams have played an extra game now. but the YPG should still be the same unless we have a breakout run game vs GB this weekend.

We finished the 2009 season ranked 4th in the league.. We were top 5 all last season, and I believe we were top 3 this time last year.. That sounds to me like the R & R express is pretty effective.

I have to think the loss/addition of our O-linemen has to be responsible.. Sparano seems to be a mad scientist when it comes to his line, these guys should gel a bit more as the season goes on, but we need a good line for our up the middle style of running.

We also have been doing way more passing in the last 2 games so that also plays into it all.

I do see us drafting a RB early or finding one in FA this year. Ricky will probably want to come back, but he needs to hang onto the ball better.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:21 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ricky and Ronnie do a good job, but age, injuries and contracts will probably lead to one of them being gone after this season. I suspect the Dolphins look to draft a running back. Problem is, I can see us drafting a pass rusher and another defensive back before we go after a running back.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:20 am

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Ricky and Ronnie do a good job, but age, injuries and contracts will probably lead to one of them being gone after this season. I suspect the Dolphins look to draft a running back. Problem is, I can see us drafting a pass rusher and another defensive back before we go after a running back.

I don't think we'll go with a pass rusher high in the draft. I think you have two starters for the future in Wake and Misi. If anything I think we need to add a veteran FA to the group.

CB is going to be interesting. On the one hand you have two guys who have shown at one point or another that they have starting ability; and then they've also shown the bad. You also have a guy like Carrol who everybody was raving about in the Pre Season...I doubt we draft a CB high, but if a guy like Patrick Peterson is available some how, you could really set yourself up for years and years with a DOMINANT duo.

I'd say RB and TE will be high on the list come draft time. Use the franchise tag on Ronnie, use your first rounder on a RB, and then you have an easier decision to make after 2011.

Don't forget ILB...if Crowder under-whelms this season, he's like out. Dobbins is not starting caliber, and while I love Micah Johnson, they won't be counting on a PS to start the upcoming season. I could see them attacking this in the first round as well.

Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]