View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 MIA vs GNB - Post game chat 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post MIA vs GNB - Post game chat
Lets hear some thoughts on the game. I only watched the 2nd half, but I plan later to watch the rest of the 1st half that I had recorded.

Off the top of my head a few negative thoughts.
Defense looked like an all or nothing endeavor on several drives. They either went all out to get the qb, or they gave up a huge drive. 1st down rushing against this team is ridiculous, they made Jackson look like a stud.
Offense was hit or miss, they really leave a lot of points on the field.

On the flip side, this team ran well, the defense made the stop in overtime, and the offense came through for the victory.

Really this win shouldn't have even been close against such a banged up team. IMO

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:45 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: MIA vs GNB - Post game chat
It wasn't a pretty win. But I've always said I rather win ugly, than loose pretty. Henning got wierd with his play calling as usual. But thank God, NO WILDCAT. Ronnie and Ricky ran well up the middle with good blocking. Special teams were very good. Some nice returns by Carroll. Like you noted, defense was hit or miss. Sometimes they looked great, other times they looked a little lost. The defense was completely confused on the last TD by the Pack.....even after a defensive timeout.
All in all a good win. We still have alot to work on. Like keeping the momentum on our side for more than half a quarter.

Oh and the refs were actually impartial if not on our side for a change. :yay:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:56 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Same 'ol story, an ugly game for the Dolphins. Not dissapointed that we got a win, obviously, but every game seems ugly with this team win or lose. Cam Wake, Marshall, Bess, R&R, and Carpenter most notably had great games, but overall there were some mistakes that kept GB in the game when they really shouldn't have been. But anytime you can beat Aaron Rodgers, no matter how hurt his team is, it is a good thing.

One thing I'm tired of though is our offense coming out of the gates firing and then stalling for the rest of the game for the most part. It's happened nearly every game, why can't we just stay consistent throughout the whole game? And, to add, Lou not converting on 3rd down was a bummer :(

Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:06 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

hab321 wrote:
It wasn't a pretty win. But I've always said I rather win ugly, than loose pretty. Henning got wierd with his play calling as usual. But thank God, NO WILDCAT. Ronnie and Ricky ran well up the middle with good blocking. Special teams were very good. Some nice returns by Carroll. Like you noted, defense was hit or miss. Sometimes they looked great, other times they looked a little lost. The defense was completely confused on the last TD by the Pack.....even after a defensive timeout.
All in all a good win. We still have alot to work on. Like keeping the momentum on our side for more than half a quarter.

Oh and the refs were actually impartial if not on our side for a change. :yay:

Yea on that last touchdown drive I was yelling "QB SNEAK" at the TV. I knew Rodgers was going to run that in. How many times have we seen quarterbacks have success running the ball within 10 yards of the goal line against Miami? It seems like there is at least one every year that goes for a touchdown.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:11 pm
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

The Houston games come to mind right away.....

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:12 pm
Profile YIM
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The Hen wrote:
The Houston games come to mind right away.....

LOL, I actually typed that out but I erased it because I couldn't remember which year that happened. Seems to me it was two years ago. I don't remember any games last year where that happened, but I'm sure that it did. Indy??

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

An ugly win against a banged up Packers' team, but it is still a W. :yay:

I can't believe how lucky the f'n Jests are though....4th and 6 and Sanchez throws a prayer towards the end zone....and of course, the defender has to grab Holmes' face mask....he could have made a play on the ball, that wasn't likely to be caught...but no....stupid PI penalty saves the Jets and gives them yet another win! The Pats squeak one out in OT as well...despite being down by two scores in the 4th quarter..... :cry:

Today's most notable stinko moment came on the partially blocked punt, but at least it covered 29 yards. Carroll had some nifty kickoff returns to kind of balance the special teams out though. Jason Allen had a great interception in Packer's territory...that led to no points on that BS 4th down spot. Still....the Dolphins got it done and washed some of that bad taste from the Monday Night game out of their mouths.

:yay: :runwiththeball: :grin:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:49 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

what a struggle that was !!,surely we should be doing better than that against a basically a 2nd-3rd string defense????
dan henning still amazes me some strange play calling [going against the run alot of the time ] thank god no wildcat
and then a hell of a call on the fasano td catch,

murtha and carpenter havnt learnt anything during the bye week and need to go!! carpenter blew a block again and we were lucky it was only tipped and not blocked

murtha another holding pen on fg
its worrying than even our lb`s cant stay with 3rd string tight ends
pass rush is still a concern ,cam wake apart , a coming out party for him
and y bell seems to have hit the wall and is not playing at the level of last year

good to get a win ,but lots to work on ,when will we ever play a full game at a high standard????

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:37 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

another thing i noticed did polite get injured on the last kickoff b4 O T???
cause lex hilliard seem to be the lead blocker in O T and opened up some nice gains

Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:53 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

moley6969 wrote:
another thing i noticed did polite get injured on the last kickoff b4 O T???
cause lex hilliard seem to be the lead blocker in O T and opened up some nice gains

I saw him get up slowly after the hit. He was initially walking slow, but then picked up the pace and seemed ok. I don't know what his status is tho. We definately need him against the Steelers.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]