View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Jason Taylor responds to reported rift with Joey Porter 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Jason Taylor responds to reported rift with Joey Porter
Quote:

Q: What's your relationship with Joey Poerter? It was written earlier in the year that you guys got into it about coming in and out of games. Is that correct? Or are things good between you guys?

A: "Whoever said Joey Porter and I got into it during the year is a total blatant lie. Joey Porter and I were great all year. I've got a lot of respect for Joey and he knows that. We've talked in length about all the situations that come up during the course of the season. He was a big advocate of mine when I was trying to come back to the Dolphins last year. He went to bat for me. He wanted me here and his voice heard that he wanted me to come back. Joey and I have no problems."

Q; Alright, so that never happened. . .

A: "I hate when people go out and create stories about me and Joey having rifts or me and Joey this or that. You see stories [attributing] Dolphins sources or anonymous Dolphins players. That's unfortunate because that wasn't the case. I sure would like to know what source that was. If you're going to say something . . . like Joey. He had an opinion [Monday] and he put his name on it. If you're going to be man enough to say something about somebody else or about two other grown men and kind of affect their relationship then put your name on it, so we have a point of reference and can clear it all up. Like I said, that couldn't be further from the truth."

Q: You've said you want to come back, but have you talked to Tony Sparano about it at all? .................

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/ ... or_qa.html

Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:28 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Jason Taylor responds to reported rift with Joey Porter
He sounds angry.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:16 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

IamPZ wrote:
He sounds angry.

I'd say he's very frustrated about unknown media peeps starting something when there's nothing there......I'm sure if he had a chance to confront the person who started the talk, he may show that person his anger.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:20 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Quote:
Q: You've said you want to come back, but have you talked to Tony Sparano about it at all?

A: "Now is not the time for the Jason Taylors of the world and guys like that to get taken care of for next year. Free agency starts next month. Right now they're looking for replacements. This is the time for the Senior Bowl, the NFL Combine, the draft preparations. My situation will be come more clearer after that. I havaen't talked to Tony since the season ended. But I'd like to keep playing. You need the right situation. There's a business side to it, too, which got overlooked last year that I was fine with. There's a few factors that go into it, but at the end of the day I want to play ball in the right situation and right position and make it work."

Show Me The Money :ann0y:

Looks like there will be a little extra OLB money to be had thanks to his buddy Peazy....

Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:26 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Jason Taylor is a class act & the epitome of a team leader.
Joey Porter is a classless jerk and a only concerned about Joey.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:03 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

bobby0112 wrote:
Jason Taylor is a class act & the epitome of a team leader.
Joey Porter is a classless jerk and a only concerned about Joey.

I hate this argument.

He is such a great team leader that he decided it a better idea to dance with the stars than to work out with his team and new coaching staff, then practically forced a trade.

Don't give me the he's a great team leader who can do no wrong act.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

great points eleaf. while nobody here is defending or agreeing with what porter is pulling , the posts here when all the dwts stuff was going down had that same tone towards taylor as it now does with porter.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]