View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:46 pm



Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Henne is HORRIBLE !!! 
Author Message
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21631
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Rock Sexton wrote:
In Henne's individual case he is extremely erratic in his ball placement no matter what the receivers are doing. Some QB's make life easy on their receivers. Some do not.


Oh my... a young QB is inconsistent.

Burn him at the stake!!!

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:09 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8956
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Rock Sexton wrote:
Funny thing about comprehension. Apparently you did make a comment to reinforce my argument about his lack of ball placement ..... but it's still Marshall's fault. That's cute. Throw a crappy pass up high over the middle where the head hunters are at, but emphasize that it hit Marshall in the hands (after he had to over extend for it) as if that was the culprit.

Got it. Thanks for the explanation.

Ahhhhh, ok, I think I'm finally getting to understand where your coming from. So a ball has to hit a top 5 receiver in the NFL squarely between the numbers before he should be able to catch it. Gotcha. Sorry to have been so dense.


Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5650
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
In Henne's individual case he is extremely erratic in his ball placement no matter what the receivers are doing. Some QB's make life easy on their receivers. Some do not.


Oh my... a young QB is inconsistent.

Burn him at the stake!!!


Ya I said burn him at the stake. I want his skull Rich.

Anyways ...... his touch is not inconsistent. He simply lacks it. You can disagree with it all you want and blame it on being young.

BTW, just curious .... how many games quantifies being "enough" experience? As many as it takes?

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5650
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Phin wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Funny thing about comprehension. Apparently you did make a comment to reinforce my argument about his lack of ball placement ..... but it's still Marshall's fault. That's cute. Throw a crappy pass up high over the middle where the head hunters are at, but emphasize that it hit Marshall in the hands (after he had to over extend for it) as if that was the culprit.

Got it. Thanks for the explanation.

Ahhhhh, ok, I think I'm finally getting to understand where your coming from. So a ball has to hit a top 5 receiver in the NFL squarely between the numbers before he should be able to catch it. Gotcha. Sorry to have been so dense.


No. Didn't say square in the numbers. Funny how you arrive at that conclusion (well not really it's just more sarcasm for added effect on your part). I can think of many other areas that would've been better than above an overextended 6'4 receiver running over the middle of the field waiting to get crushed.

Tough grabs have been a consistent theme with Henne throughout the entire season and his 21 starts. I don't know how you can argue against that.

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:13 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21631
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Rock Sexton wrote:
Anyways ...... his touch is not inconsistent. He simply lacks it. You can disagree with it all you want and blame it on being young.


So Henne has not completed a single touch pass?

Quote:
BTW, just curious .... how many games quantifies being "enough" experience? As many as it takes?


Does it have to be a set amount? Are humans robots with the same CPU and coding that learns on the same identical curve from QB to QB?

Or did it take three years for Brees and only one for Marino?

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:14 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8956
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
In Henne's individual case he is extremely erratic in his ball placement no matter what the receivers are doing. Some QB's make life easy on their receivers. Some do not.


Oh my... a young QB is inconsistent.

Burn him at the stake!!!


Ya I said burn him at the stake. I want his skull Rich.

Anyways ...... his touch is not inconsistent. He simply lacks it. You can disagree with it all you want and blame it on being young.

BTW, just curious .... how many games quantifies being "enough" experience? As many as it takes?

I would say at minimum, three full seasons of starting (48 games) before you have a fair evaluation. That is unless he shows that he is completely inept as was the case with Beck and White. We do have examples of quarterbacks that played in the league and improved over time instead of being instant stars.


Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:15 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5650
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Rich wrote:
So Henne has not completed a single touch pass?


Semantics. But to make sure you don't remain confused and we don't have to argue the point, I will rephrase my comment to "Henne lacks the ability to be consistent with his ball placement" .... not that he can't "occasionally" place one in the numbers.

Quote:
Does it have to be a set amount? Are humans robots with the same CPU and coding that learns on the same identical curve from QB to QB?

Or did it take three years for Brees and only one for Marino?


Ahhhh the ol' nobody knows angle ........ which is entirely self serving all the time. Guess we all have different standards. None better than the other and no cherry picked example will ever be broadly applicable.

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:18 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8956
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Rock Sexton wrote:
Phin wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Funny thing about comprehension. Apparently you did make a comment to reinforce my argument about his lack of ball placement ..... but it's still Marshall's fault. That's cute. Throw a crappy pass up high over the middle where the head hunters are at, but emphasize that it hit Marshall in the hands (after he had to over extend for it) as if that was the culprit.

Got it. Thanks for the explanation.

Ahhhhh, ok, I think I'm finally getting to understand where your coming from. So a ball has to hit a top 5 receiver in the NFL squarely between the numbers before he should be able to catch it. Gotcha. Sorry to have been so dense.


No. Didn't say square in the numbers. Funny how you arrive at that conclusion (well not really it's just more sarcasm for added effect on your part). I can think of many other areas that would've been better than above an overextended 6'4 receiver running over the middle of the field waiting to get crushed.

Tough grabs have been a consistent theme with Henne throughout the entire season and his 21 starts. I don't know how you can argue against that.

You do realize your soundly losing this argument right? Is this the best that you have? Your telling me that a top 5 receiver in the league can't make a catch that hits him squarely in the hands? I don't care if the pass was high, it hit him in the hands. You're the one that cannot except the fact that Marshall is responsible for that interception. Again, if this was Ginn, you wouldn't have hesitated to blame him for it.


Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:19 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21631
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Rock Sexton wrote:
Ahhhh the ol' nobody knows angle


It's not an angle, it's a fact.

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:19 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5650
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Phin wrote:
I would say at minimum, three full seasons of starting (48 games) before you have a fair evaluation. That is unless he shows that he is completely inept as was the case with Beck and White. We do have examples of quarterbacks that played in the league and improved over time instead of being instant stars.


Great. Your opinion and I respect that. We all have separate ideas for what we consider fair.

As for the "over time" thing - again it's a generic statement.

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:20 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5650
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Ahhhh the ol' nobody knows angle


It's not an angle, it's a fact.


So nobody knows. So you can't sit there and get sarcastic with people who are down on Henne. If nobody knows then nobody's arguments are supported.

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:21 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21631
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Rock Sexton wrote:
So you can't sit there and get sarcastic with people who are down on Henne.


I can get down on kneejerk fans who have no patience in letting players develop if I wish.

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:22 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8956
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
So you can't sit there and get sarcastic with people who are down on Henne.


I can get down on kneejerk fans who have no patience in letting players develop if I wish.

^^


Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:24 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5650
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
So you can't sit there and get sarcastic with people who are down on Henne.


I can get down on kneejerk fans who have no patience in letting players develop if I wish.


You can get down on people for a subject that can be chalked up to "nobody knows"?????

What's the point?

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:25 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6631
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
I can get down on kneejerk fans who have no patience in letting players develop if I wish

Maybe he will be a good QB,"know one knows". What I do know is that he developing slow. There are other QBs that are developing and changing the face of their respective franchises. Coahing? Playmakers? A developing QB to me (IMO) is a QB that shows improvment over time. Henne isn't. He is still locking onto recievers, throwing the ball into well covered recievers, and throwing picks. How long do we give a developing QB?


Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:28 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21631
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Rock Sexton wrote:
What's the point?


What is the point on being down on a young player who still has a ways to go in regards to reaching where he may or may not reach?

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:29 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5650
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
What's the point?


What is the point on being down on a young player who still has a ways to go in regards to reaching where he may or may not reach?


You've decided that this subject about Henne can be concluded to "nobody knows" and yet the criticisms are all wrong .... and you're down on people who are down on Henne because he may or may not reach a certain level. That's so unbelievably convoluted.

We are openly saying we believe 21 games is a fair amount of time to assess criticisms and making judgments based on performances and individual plays. You have a separate set of criteria, which hasn't been firmly established as the QB litmus test to success. None is more right than the other. Knee jerk is the fan after 5 games.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Rock Sexton on Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:33 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 955
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Personally.. My patience is wearing thin with him. But, right now.. They need to be calling the proper plays for the guy. He isn't supposed to be throwing the ball that darn much! I've not seen our O-line so dominant in the run game all year and we abandon it!?!

What made me laugh is.. we are down like 16 points.. And time is running quickly.. And Henning is still calling Play Action... (Mind you we hadn't ran the ball since the 3rd quarter) ANYONE could have literally said.. We are passing here. So why call the play action? It's retarded. Effectively usually takes your RB out of the play.. Not to mention it burns precious pass protection time. UGH! I'm done with Henning.

_________________
Image


Last edited by hypocritex on Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:34 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:39 am
Posts: 2061
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
There is 8 games left in the season. Let's see how Miami and Henne plays during this next stretch as this will be the most meaningful to cast better opinions.

I think people are way to hard on Henne. Guys like Drew Brees needed a few years to blossom into a star. Henne has alot of great attributes and there are SO many factors of woulda, coulda, shoulda's that can change the tempo of the game and can keep Henne in better situations.

One could make the argument that the receivers should catch anything that hit their hands and dont drop passes that are drive killers and that isn't Henne's fault or when the balls are thrown well, but our receivers accidentally fall down and that isn't Henne's fault or when receivers dont run their routes well (which as a fan, we dont really know when that happens) or run "lazy" routes etc etc

Anyway, IMO there are alot of factors when you judge Henne. He is still very young and has shown enough that he deserves the fans to hang in there a bit longer and try and be supportive.

Even if Miami finishes the year 8-8 or 9-7 and out of the playoffs, IMO, you stick by Henne another year before looking another direction.

QB in the NFL is just a darn tough position to play. As frustrated as I get personally and as much as some of these negative comments can be true at times, you have to factor in everything that happens during each game that is played.


Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:35 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 1150
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
So you can't sit there and get sarcastic with people who are down on Henne.


I can get down on kneejerk fans who have no patience in letting players develop if I wish.


I just block them, very cathartic.


Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:43 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 1013
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
hypocritex wrote:
And Henning is still calling Play Action... (Mind you we hadn't ran the ball since the 3rd quarter) ANYONE could have literally said.. We are passing here. So why call the play action? It's retarded. Effectively usually takes your RB out of the play.. Not to mention it burns precious pass protection time. UGH! I'm done with Henning.


We lead the league (hell, all of NFL history) with play action passes on 3rd and "no way are they running it" situations.

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:50 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5650
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
dolphinjim wrote:
Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
So you can't sit there and get sarcastic with people who are down on Henne.


I can get down on kneejerk fans who have no patience in letting players develop if I wish.


I just block them, very cathartic.


.... Blocking somebody because they vehemently defend their position? How childish.

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
1984phins wrote:
hypocritex wrote:
And Henning is still calling Play Action... (Mind you we hadn't ran the ball since the 3rd quarter) ANYONE could have literally said.. We are passing here. So why call the play action? It's retarded. Effectively usually takes your RB out of the play.. Not to mention it burns precious pass protection time. UGH! I'm done with Henning.


We lead the league (hell, all of NFL history) with play action passes on 3rd and "no way are they running it" situations.


For the last time...play action isn't always about fooling the defense...it's about timing. Just like a 7 step drop, 5 step drop, the play action is a another drop and allows time for the routes to develop.

In the Super Bowl against New England, Carolina used play action on virtually every passing down (yeah, another Henning offense) but they were in a shootout. They scored 29 points on the "stingy" Patriot defense.

It's about timing. One more time...it's about timing. However, I'm NFL stupid, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt....wouldn't want to upset anyone with my lack of knowledge.

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:10 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], KSFINFAN and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.