View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 randy moss waived!! ---Dolphins and Seahawks contact agent 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: randy moss waived!! ---Dolphins and Seahawks contact agent
:boo: I don't see Miami's management bringing Moss to Miami. What a selfish cancer he is. He is 33 years old. Miami needs more than another WR to be a legit playoff team. I'd rather see Miami keep playing the WR's they have now and let Wallace and Moore have more reps. Just think about how bad Minnesota needed a "big time WR" and still sent him packing.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
1984phins wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Michael Lombardi says that he feels Miami will end up picking him up....

Marshall - Bess - Moss.................WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Yeah, let's add a guy who is a horrible team player and will root for the pats all year. You guys are way too star struck.

He's loved in the locker room. Him being a "cancer" is a complete fallacy.

Tedy Bruschi said it best today. "He plays hard for people he respects, and doesn't for those that he does not."

Brad Childress is an idiot that will more than likely be fired before the season is over in Minnesota, so to say that Moss was cut by Minnesota so he must be awful is unfair.

Will he flourish in Miami? I don't know...Dan Henning would probably tell him to run down field once a game, and the rest of the time run reverses.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:01 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Randy Moss doesn't care about team. Randy Moss only cares about his stats and his image. There is nothing team oriented about Randy Moss.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:05 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

bobby0112 wrote:
Randy Moss doesn't care about team. Randy Moss only cares about his stats and his image. There is nothing team oriented about Randy Moss.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

I don't care who/what he's playing for, as long as those plays are made with a Dolphin logo on his helmet.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:07 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

bobby0112 wrote:

Teammates of Randy in Minnesota from 98-03 and Patriots teammates would disagree.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:10 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Even if he was, you'd have to be on some serious crack to want this guy here. Sorry, he was cut by Belichick and another team desperate for a WR. Moss is damaged goods. no thanks,

I know facts aren't important to you, but he was traded by Belichick...

Belichick raped the Vikings for a draft pick for a player he was about to jettison

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:14 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Is this filler or what?

""Moss, who was fined $25,000 last week for failing to cooperate with the media and make himself regularly available for interviews, stepped to the podium after the game but announced he wouldn't take any questions. He repeatedly expressed admiration for coach Bill Belichick and his former team and criticized the Vikings for not taking enough of his game-planning advice."

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:18 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Iowafin wrote:
bobby0112 wrote:

Teammates of Randy in Minnesota from 98-03 and Patriots teammates would disagree.

He was so team oriented that after winning a big Monday Night game on the road against a tough division foe, he was throwing a temper tantrum and couldn't speak to his coach.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:19 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

1984phins wrote:

No, its not. He pitched a fit and whined like a baby after the Dolphins game this year and was promptly showed the door. He also got himself kicked out of Minnesota after only a month. A team player he is not.

As for his performance, he certainly hasn't showed it this year.

It was reported on NFL Radio that the decision to trade Moss was made before the Dolphins game.

There were also numerous reports of how helpful we was in the Vikings locker room with the younger players.

I'm not saying is the ideal teammate as I'm sure you can provide just as many examples of his poor attitude. He speaks his mind when he probably shouldn't, but my early opinion on his release is that the weight will fall on Childress.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:20 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

He basically put on pom-poms for the Pats AFTER losing to them. No thanks.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:22 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Iowafin wrote:
bobby0112 wrote:

What would his Oakland Raider teamates say? What would the 2010 Minnesota teamates say? He sure does have a knack for wearing out his welcome everywhere he goes. The Vikings just pissed away a 3rd round pick for this self indulgent jerk.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:22 pm
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

NFLJunkie wrote:
Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Even if he was, you'd have to be on some serious crack to want this guy here. Sorry, he was cut by Belichick and another team desperate for a WR. Moss is damaged goods. no thanks,

I know facts aren't important to you, but he was traded by Belichick...

Belichick raped the Vikings for a draft pick for a player he was about to jettison

Ya he did....The Vikings ship is slowing sinking.....Anyway's not sure I would want him here. Which Randy would we be getting?

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:26 pm
Profile YIM

bobby0112 wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
bobby0112 wrote:

What would his Oakland Raider teamates say? What would the 2010 Minnesota teamates say?

The 2010 Viking teammates are reportedly "livid" of his release, per Jay Glazer who says he has talked to at least 10 Vikings.

You don't get traded to your former team, create chaos in the locker room for 3 weeks, get released and your players then are livid that you got cut.

He is not a locker-room cancer........... Period.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:26 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Quote:
NFL.com

Straight waivers, homey.

Randy Moss is still officially property of the Minnesota Vikings, but is expected to be placed on the daily waiver wire Tuesday. In the 24 hours that follow, the other 31 teams can claim Moss, starting in inverse order of the current standings, with ties broken by strength of schedule. Any team that claims Moss effectively claims the balance of his current contract.

Still, NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi expects Moss to clear waivers.

If Moss does go unclaimed, the Vikings are on the hook for the balance of his salary. That scenario allows Moss to “double dip,” getting a paycheck from the Vikings as well as any other team that signs him for the remainder of the season.

So let the speculation begin … Where could Moss land? What teams represent the best fit?

Agent Joel Segal told the Star Tribune that he has already received calls from the Dolphins and Seahawks. NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora noted that after texting with a few GMs, several believe he could end up back with the Patriots, which could only happen if every other team passes.

An argument can be made that a number of teams — the Redskins, Rams, Bears, Dolphins, Raiders, Chiefs and Patriots — could all use Moss.

NFL Network analyst Charles Davis makes a strong argument that the Rams (No. 13 on the waiver wire order) would represent a strong fit for Moss.

“I see that being a real discussion point at Rams park today,” Davis said. “That might be a spot that the Rams could take a shot, because they can win in the NFC West.”

Of course, there’s still the chance in this already strange story — however slim — the Vikings don’t end up placing Moss on waivers at all. Strange as it may seem, it could still happen.

– Frank Tadych

I think I'll save the rest of my pro-Moss rants until it is official.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:27 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

bobby0112 wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
bobby0112 wrote:

What would his Oakland Raider teamates say? What would the 2010 Minnesota teamates say? He sure does have a knack for wearing out his welcome everywhere he goes. The Vikings just pissed away a 3rd round pick for this self indulgent jerk.

They would say he was distant...because he didn't respect the organizations.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:30 pm

Judging from his comments he realized the grass is not greener being away from NE. Honestly after those comments I dont blame the Vikings for cutting him. It seems the only team he would play hard for is NE. He will be a rental for whoever signs him because I can see him crawling back to Belecheck & once again taking less to play there again next season where he would once again buy into the system they are reverting back to there, And while I would pick him up clearely he is not the player he was , not that the skills diminished that much but man , what another head case receiver.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:37 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

OMG. Can you imagine him, Marshall, ricky and Brown in the wildcat? SIGN HIM NOW! :)

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:53 pm

Makchell wrote:
OMG. Can you imagine him, Marshall, ricky and Brown in the wildcat? SIGN HIM NOW! :)

Mak .... it will only work if we can somehow persuade Pat White to come back & run it.

What is amazing is that NE gets him for a steal from Oakland , then basically is handed a #3 pick for nothing from a 2 - 5 team & will have their say whether they want him back next season for a steal again because this guy in my opinion will only play (hard or otherwise) for them.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:01 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

The problem with signing Moss would be that we only throw long once or twice a game. It would be a waste on his part and ours. Besides, who are we going to waive if we do sign him?

Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:14 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I am all for picking him up too, but what does it do our salary cap situation?

Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:36 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Not a locker room cancer??? give me a freakin break, if the guy is going to take off 50% of the plays when we play the Patriots like he did this past weekend then why even bother?

He plays what he wants, when he wants... and we DO NOT need someone coming in here and making things uncomfortable... we already have one prima donna receiver... no thanks to 2x the trouble.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:01 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I like what he would bring to the field, if he decides he wants to play on that particular day. I just read the PFT article detailing Moss' hissy fit he threw over the catering in Minnesota, telling the caterers that he wouldn't feed that food to his dog and that he doesn't have to eat that because he has money now. He sounds like the complete opposite of the personality that we've built down here. Granted, while he was in NE there were no such complaints. I'm riding the fence on this one, I think he's too in love with Patsies to give us 100%.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:16 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

hallphin wrote:
I am all for picking him up too, but what does it do our salary cap situation?

Technically there isn't one right now.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:43 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I am thrilled that we have just about no chance to get this tool...

Come on now.. he bitched because he didn't get enough balls in NE to the point of them trading him... As much as I hate Billy B... no way he would have pulled that trigger unless he felt he had too.. he tends to not like to mess with crap mid season....

So Moss pitches a fit get traded ... only Farve is not near the QB people thought he would be, and Minn is not a playoff team... and Mr Moss is now wishing that his mouth would have just stayed shut...

so what does he do... Starts making waves with Minn...
anyone remember Oak? how about the reasons he got traded to OAK in the first place??

NO Thanks! whomever gets him better have a hell of a head coach when it comes to dealing with problem children... We have enough to work on...

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:32 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

randylvc wrote:
I am thrilled that we have just about no chance to get this tool...

Come on now.. he bitched because he didn't get enough balls in NE to the point of them trading him... As much as I hate Billy B... no way he would have pulled that trigger unless he felt he had too.. he tends to not like to mess with crap mid season....

So Moss pitches a fit get traded ... only Farve is not near the QB people thought he would be, and Minn is not a playoff team... and Mr Moss is now wishing that his mouth would have just stayed shut...

so what does he do... Starts making waves with Minn...
anyone remember Oak? how about the reasons he got traded to OAK in the first place??

NO Thanks! whomever gets him better have a hell of a head coach when it comes to dealing with problem children... We have enough to work on...

The reason he got traded from Minnesota to Oakland in the first place is because the owner at the time, Red McCombs was interested in cutting payroll. In fact, Zygi Wilf was upset when he found out Moss was traded without his consent. He was miserable in Oakland because they were a terrible team.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:00 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I've got mixed feeling about a move like this now that I've had more time to think about it... On one hand, I'd love to have his talent on the field to teach some of our younger guys how to play the game. And on the other hand, I wouldn't want to let him close to our team to tarnish what we've been trying to build up for years now. Plus, you'll limit the reps of upcoming talent like Hart and Moore. Those 2 guys need all of the reps they can get. I'd say replace Henning, upgrade the TE position with someone else that's a better route runner and has better hands, and let the current wideouts develop into bigger stars.

Last edited by rmelendez on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:17 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

rmelendez wrote:
I've got mixed feeling about a move like this. On one hand, I'd love to have his talent on the field to teach some of our younger guys how to play the game. And on the other hand, I wouldn't want to let him close to our team to tarnish what we've been trying to build up for years now. Plus, you'll limit the reps of upcoming talent like Hart and Moore. Those 2 guys need all of the reps they can get. I'd say replace Henning, upgrade the TE position with someone else that's a better route runner and has better hands, and let the current wideouts develop into bigger stars.

I wouldn't want him teaching the young WR's to take off plays.

I also don't think he's any kind of fit for the plan that management has put together. How many talented guys over 30 did they not even speak to this past off-season? I think they made it clear they want to give all the playing time to young guys to let them develop, not some hired gun who doesn't even want to be on this team.

If they sign him, it's only to stop the Jests and Pats from taking him.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:35 am

Im surprised nobody is thinking this was some master plan by the evil Belecheck to get another draft pick while getting Moss back at a cheaper price.
I mean this whole situation is making him (Belecheck) look to good.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:19 am

FINesse wrote:
Im surprised nobody is thinking this was some master plan by the evil Belecheck to get another draft pick while getting Moss back at a cheaper price.

I did say that to my friend last night... I mean how crazy would it be if everyone passes on him and the Pats take him??

Conspiracy theorists would be out in full swing.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:36 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

IamPZ wrote:
FINesse wrote:

I did say that to my friend last night... I mean how crazy would it be if everyone passes on him and the Pats take him??

I believe I read somewhere that Moss has the right to refuse any team that makes a claim on him, which would mean he could force himself to drop to NE. Can anyone confirm this?

If so that would make the conspiracy much more believable.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:51 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

joeschmoe wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
FINesse wrote:

I believe I read somewhere that Moss has the right to refuse any team that makes a claim on him, which would mean he could force himself to drop to NE. Can anyone confirm this?

I keep hearing stuff like this, but isn't a rule that a team cannot sign a player until after they have traded him? We went through that with Jason Taylor...is it different with waivers or what?

Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:08 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I've always maintained that I do not like the way Moss takes plays off or tips the defense in on the run because he doesn't give it his all unless the ball is coming his way. That being said, I have a friend who pointed out to me that perhaps the reason he takes plays off is because he runs so many deep routes a game. It makes sense that if your running deep routes most of the time, your going to be winded no matter how good of shape your in. While I'm sure I will hear all kinds of reasons why this theory is wrong, too me it makes some sense.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:23 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

“We all stink. We're 0-6, everybody stinks. We’ve all, in some way, shape or form have not been good enough I don’t care if it’s the front-desk secretary — she ain’t doing a good enough job.”-Reggie Bush

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:57 pm

:bravo2:

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:03 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Look guys, facts don't lie. Fact NE cut his ass. Fact Minn cut his ass. Fact his production is way down. Fact Bess is out playing him right now. Fact he takes plays off. Opinion Bess works his butt off and this piece of crap will come in and demote Bess, I don't think so. Bottomline, no thanks.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:14 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Makchell wrote:
Look guys, facts don't lie. Fact NE cut his ass. Fact Minn cut his ass. Fact his production is way down. Fact Bess is out playing him right now. Fact he takes plays off. Opinion Bess works his butt off and this piece of crap will come in and demote Bess, I don't think so. Bottomline, no thanks.

Those aren't the facts at all. NE TRADED him. Bess plays the slot and Moss would not effect Bess at all.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:05 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

joeschmoe wrote:

PFT wrote:
NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells Profootballtalk.com that Randy Moss' status for 2011 "would be determined by the terms of the new CBA" if he refuses to report to a team that claims him.
Moss would likely receive a "five-day letter" from his new team in that scenario, with the threat of being placed on the Reserve/Left Squad list. Depending on the terms of the new CBA, Moss could end up property of the claiming team again in 2011 as opposed to reaching free agency.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:17 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: r moss waived!!
hypocritex wrote:
We need a deep threat. You have to go out and get him. How do you double Moss and Marshall!?

Yep, if he is willing to play in Miami then it's a great situation for us. You really want to see Henne light it up, just wait and see what happens when teams can't double and triple team Marshall any more. Marshall, Moss, and Bess. Wow!
:yay:

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:48 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

NE TRADED him

Yep, you're right. They got something for a cancer that they were going to cut. Good for NE.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:44 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

When asked on a talk show yesterday both Hartline and Allen claimed they didnt feel he was a fit for our team...

Take it for what its worth, after all Hartline would suffer the most from this deal anyway...

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next