View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 randy moss waived!! ---Dolphins and Seahawks contact agent 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: randy moss waived!! ---Dolphins and Seahawks contact agent
10acjed wrote:
When asked on a talk show yesterday both Hartline and Allen claimed they didnt feel he was a fit for our team...

Take it for what its worth, after all Hartline would suffer the most from this deal anyway...

If true, I'd say that's enough for me. I'd want everyone on board to welcome him to the team...if even one person feels like Moss would be a bad fit, I'd have to reconsider.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:56 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:
They got something for a cancer that they were going to cut. Good for NE.
They were going to cut him? Inside information?

Makchell wrote:
Guys, these players suck! They haven't done crap this season. What is so hard for some of you to understand?
Yea, because we all know if a player underperforms in 7 or 8 games he sucks & will not ever do anything else. That is a proven fact.

I do not see a team claiming Merriman with his injury history & paying him big money. I expect him to sign for much less after the waiver process.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:20 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Yea, because we all know if a player underperforms in 7 or 8 games he sucks & will not ever do anything else. That is a proven fact.

You forgot he was traded and then cut in the span of 8 games this year. Please Scot...spare me with your spin. Moss is done.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:23 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

You forgot he was traded and then cut in the span of 8 games this year. Please Scot...spare me with your spin. Moss is done.

He was traded for a 3rd rounder to the Vikings...and cut by them. I believe this speaks more towards Spielman and Childress' incompetency than Moss' inability to play football.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:07 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Iowafin wrote:
10acjed wrote:
When asked on a talk show yesterday both Hartline and Allen claimed they didnt feel he was a fit for our team...

Take it for what its worth, after all Hartline would suffer the most from this deal anyway...

If true, I'd say that's enough for me. I'd want everyone on board to welcome him to the team...if even one person feels like Moss would be a bad fit, I'd have to reconsider.

Brandon Marshall -

Quote:
"Let's go. Let's get him, let's get him, let's go get him.," said Marshall, who leads Miami with 47 receptions for 588 yards and one touchdown. "I don't know what we'll do, but I welcome him with open arms."

Quote:
"We have such a young group that he can teach us how to be pros and how to be better, so I would love for that to happen," Marshall said. "He brings something special to the team, and he's one of the best."

So much for Marshall not wanting to have anything to do with a "diva" receiver.

:war: :war:

Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:48 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

You actually believe he was traded/cut because of his on field performance? NE would never trade a player before their contract was up in order to gain draft picks. Its not like they have ever done something like that before.

If so. I've got some great beach property in Neb. for sale. You will love it.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:06 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

He was traded for a 3rd rounder to the Vikings...and cut by them. I believe this speaks more towards Spielman and Childress' incompetency than Moss' inability to play football

31 teams passed on him.

You actually believe he was traded/cut because of his on field performance

You actually don't? Maybe his attitude? Didn't you believe that Ricky retired because he was used so much too?

Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:17 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

You actually don't? Maybe his attitude?
It was 100% his attitude.

Makchell wrote:

Didn't you believe that Ricky retired because he was used so much too?

It was a factor.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
He was traded for a 3rd rounder to the Vikings...and cut by them. I believe this speaks more towards Spielman and Childress' incompetency than Moss' inability to play football

31 teams passed on him.

And something like 20 teams passed on him in the '98 draft. 23 passed on Marino. 32 passed on Bess.

What's your point?

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:45 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

And something like 20 teams passed on him in the '98 draft. 23 passed on Marino. 32 passed on Bess.

What's your point

You're comparing apples and oranges. You don't know what you have in the draft, it's a crap shoot. You know what you have in Moss now. A player that has a high price tag, horrible attitude that takes plays off, and his production has slipped. Would you hire someone that you pay well, but doesn't give you 100% and he/her has an attitude problem? You guys kill me.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:27 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Makchell wrote:

What's your point

You're comparing apples and oranges. You don't know what you have in the draft, it's a crap shoot. You know what you have in Moss now. A player that has a high price tag, horrible attitude that takes plays off, and his production has slipped. Would you hire someone that you pay well, but doesn't give you 100% and he/her has an attitude problem? You guys kill me.

:yay: Bingo

1) You know you have signed a player with a documented history of playing at less than 100% if and when he decides he is not being used enough or being treated as he thinks he should.

2) You have signed a player who has disrespected previous employers when he doesn't get his way.

3) You send the message to the rest of your team that you are willing to put up with this disruptive, caustic, cancer like non team attitude if you can help us win now or get an edge by learning NE's play book.

Thanks Mr. Ireland for passing on this type of player and keeping your eye on the long term future of this organization!!!! And not taking short cuts and compromising on your values and principals for an extra win or two.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:46 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

You and your facts again. Mos has what, 1 catch since he joined the Titans? Your fact is debunked again. Moss is done.

You actually believe he was traded/cut because of his on field performance?

LOL! Pats are rolling without him. 1 catch with Tenn. should be able to tell you.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:08 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:
LOL! Pats are rolling without him. 1 catch with Tenn. should be able to tell you.

It is easy for me to say this, but the Randy Moss we all know isn't trying hard enough. 1 catch in 2 games is a clear indicator of that ... no matter the quarterback.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3