View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Marshall getting the ball at a career high 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Marshall getting the ball at a career high
Quote:
Brandon Marshall is more obsessed with his numbers than any fantasy football addict, so the Miami Dolphins' star receiver is the first to point out he's on pace for a record-setting season.

That's why Marshall, who is on track to catch a career-high 107 passes for 1,344 yards, laughed at the perception he's not getting the ball enough in the Dolphins offense, and needs to have passes forced to him despite the double-coverage he regularly faces.

"More catches? More catches? I'm on track to have one of the best year's I've had," Marshall said. "Now I need to get some more touchdowns, but more catches? I'm (a) top five targeted receiver in the league."

Actually, only three receivers have been targeted more than Marshall, who leads the team with 47 receptions for 588 yards and one touchdown.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:31 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Marshall getting the ball at a career high
.... and on track for a career low in touchdowns .....

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:35 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rock Sexton wrote:

Yes. Clearly you did not read the whole article. He points out he is disappointed in his TD's.. In that very quote actually.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:17 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Rock Sexton wrote:

Actually he is on pace to match the total for his rookie season... just in case we're interested in being factually accurate.

:grin:

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:42 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

That can't be right....Marshall needs to get the ball every time Henne goes back to pass, just like he did in Denver....;p

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Marshall is getting the job done when it comes to catches and yards. He has been everything we expected out of a premier wideout. I would like to see him get more involved and turnaround our redzone game though. Some touchdowns would be nice. Our offensive coordinator has to find a way to get Marshall involved in the redzone. I've seen Henne trying to get the ball to him but it just hasn't worked out thus far. I'm hoping Marshall can get close to 10 touchdowns by the end of the season. I know it's a long shot the way we are playing right now, but it would be nice to see us make adjustments and turn around our dismal redzone scoring.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:46 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Our red zone offense in general is putrid. I hope they open it up this week down there. Figure out a way to score in the red zone. If we can do that. I think we can win. We are only holding ourselves back. We've beaten some respectable teams without a very complete offense. The potential is there. We just have to put it together to get the ball rolling for the rest of the season. It needs to start now.. against the Ravens, who could very well end up winning their division OR being in the race for the Wild Card. We need to win the head to head if the ladder is the case.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Actually he is on pace to match the total for his rookie season... just in case we're interested in being factually accurate.

:grin:

LOL .... the vast majority of my post was sarcasm since I didn't even bother to check the stats. Alas the dude better turn up better TD's #'s than his rookie year.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:29 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

hypocritex wrote:
Our red zone offense in general is putrid. I hope they open it up this week down there. Figure out a way to score in the red zone. If we can do that. I think we can win. We are only holding ourselves back. We've beaten some respectable teams without a very complete offense. The potential is there. We just have to put it together to get the ball rolling for the rest of the season. It needs to start now.. against the Ravens, who could very well end up winning their division OR being in the race for the Wild Card. We need to win the head to head if the ladder is the case.

Yep, you're exactly right. Matchups against teams like the Steelers, Ravens, and Titans are the games that we need to win if we want to come away with a critical tie breaker later this year. Even more critical are the divisional matchups we have with the Jets, Patriots, and Bills later in the year. I think our team is very capable of winning ten or eleven games this season. But what will decide whether we make the playoffs or not is how we play straight up with the other teams that will have similar records. The sad truth is that we could win eleven games this year and not make the playoffs. That is why these head to head matchups are critical.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:58 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
Yep, you're exactly right. Matchups against teams like the Steelers, Ravens, and Titans are the games that we need to win if we want to come away with a critical tie breaker later this year. Even more critical are the divisional matchups we have with the Jets, Patriots, and Bills later in the year. I think our team is very capable of winning ten or eleven games this season. But what will decide whether we make the playoffs or not is how we play straight up with the other teams that will have similar records. The sad truth is that we could win eleven games this year and not make the playoffs. That is why these head to head matchups are critical.

It's pretty difficult for us to win that matchup with the Steelers...as we already lost it. But totally agree on the other 5. We are in a bad spot for tiebreakers right now. NEED to win the AFC games here on out.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]