View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Penny in, Henne Out 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Penny in, Henne Out
Rock Sexton wrote:
jammer wrote:
moley6969 wrote:
It's worth mentioning as @ArmandoSalguero did that Pennington is 0-4 in his last 4 starts, offense scored 13 ppg, Chad with a 67 QB Rating.

http://twitter.com/#!/MikeBerardino

That will be inconvenient for some arguments.

But it was everyone else's fault!

More ridiculous accusations from you. No one and I mean no one on this forum has made such a claim. You can stop with the silliness now fella.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:06 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
More ridiculous accusations from you. No one and I mean no one on this forum has made such a claim. You can stop with the silliness now fella.

Oh c'mon .... thru 8 games this year there's this notion that it's everyone else's fault and none of Henne's that he's struggling .... whether it be people dropping balls, Dan Henning, global warming, etc. etc ..... Yet, the little stat that was tweeted by Berardino and relayed (here about Pennington's last 4 starts) was presented as some kind of automatic assertion that he'll fail this year. Jammer's exact words were "that will be inconvenient for some arguments" ......

I posted my remark to be coy.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:33 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Oh c'mon .... thru 8 games this year there's this notion that it's everyone else's fault and none of Henne's that he's struggling .... whether it be people dropping balls, Dan Henning, global warming, etc.

If that's your interpretation of what everyone is saying then I suggest you go back and re-read most posts.

People have consistently said Henne gets his share of the blame. You seem to think bringing in Pennington is what will make the difference for this team's improvement. A lot of people have provided evidence of how its been a team effort in losing. You take away factors that aren't Henne's fault and suddenly you see that benching him is not the solution. He needs to play to work out the kinks. Other elements need to step up, just like he needs to.

Inserting Pennington into the lineup isn't going to make the defense, special teams, blocking, tackling, etc. better. As it stands he doesn't have a ground game preventing him from 3rd and long situations which, correct if I'm wrong, were his achilles heel in 2008.

Not sure how much longer you want to go round and round on this discussion. Just say you have faith in Pennington and call it a day.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Oh c'mon .... thru 8 games this year there's this notion that it's everyone else's fault and none of Henne's that he's struggling .... whether it be people dropping balls, Dan Henning, global warming, etc.

If that's your interpretation of what everyone is saying then I suggest you go back and re-read most posts.

People have consistently said Henne gets his share of the blame. You seem to think bringing in Pennington is what will make the difference for this team's improvement. A lot of people have provided evidence of how its been a team effort in losing. You take away factors that aren't Henne's fault and suddenly you see that benching him is not the solution. He needs to play to work out the kinks. Other elements need to step up, just like he needs to.

There are factors that are his fault and aren't. Regardless he has left plays on the field, the offense is not executing as a whole under him and Henning does not trust him. How can he work out the kinks with that kind of complete distrust? As you guys have said they don't even let him audible! What does that tell you of what they think of him at this stage in his development? With an offense in flux and the season on the line, they have turned to a stable and proven commodity - not some NFL retread who's bounced from bench to bench. This notion that it'll destroy Henne's development should receive as much "premature" criticism as the most staunch of Henne supporters have given about the benching. The kid's got PLENTY of time. The regime doesn't. The irony is Henne is tied to the regime.

Quote:
Inserting Pennington into the lineup isn't going to make the defense, special teams, blocking, tackling, etc. better. As it stands he doesn't have a ground game preventing him from 3rd and long situations which, correct if I'm wrong, were his achilles heel in 2008.

Not sure how much longer you want to go round and round on this discussion. Just say you have faith in Pennington and call it a day.

I already said I had faith in him. It's your complete lack of faith which I find disturbing. You don't have to continue going round and round with me .... I'm not forcing you.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:21 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
I already said I had faith in him. It's your complete lack of faith which I find disturbing. You don't have to continue going round and round with me .... I'm not forcing you.

So my concern that Pennington isn't entering a promising situation is disturbing.

Tells me all I need to know.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:06 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phin wrote:

Oh c'mon .... thru 8 games this year there's this notion that it's everyone else's fault and none of Henne's that he's struggling .... whether it be people dropping balls, Dan Henning, global warming, etc. etc ..... Yet, the little stat that was tweeted by Berardino and relayed (here about Pennington's last 4 starts) was presented as some kind of automatic assertion that he'll fail this year. Jammer's exact words were "that will be inconvenient for some arguments" ......

I posted my remark to be coy.

Welcome to extreme world, population YOU. Amazing how you like to marginalize everyone's arguments for them. Again, your taking opposing views and bending them to the extreme. You talk about the 'bashing' label being childish, yet your entire argument is predicated on marginalizing the opposition so that you can paint them as narrow minded extremists with little or no objectivity or common sense. I think the only person your fooling here with this, is yourself.
No one on this board has asserted that Henne is without blame. Seriously man, give it up already, you've completely discredited yourself on these forums.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:22 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phin wrote:
thru 8 games this year there's this notion that it's everyone else's fault and none of Henne's that he's struggling

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:25 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Phin wrote:
thru 8 games this year there's this notion that it's everyone else's fault and none of Henne's that he's struggling

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:21 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Put something in his hand^
Might be something Sexton enjoys doing.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:26 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Welcome to extreme world, population YOU. Amazing how you like to marginalize everyone's arguments for them. Again, your taking opposing views and bending them to the extreme. You talk about the 'bashing' label being childish, yet your entire argument is predicated on marginalizing the opposition so that you can paint them as narrow minded extremists with little or no objectivity or common sense. I think the only person your fooling here with this, is yourself.
No one on this board has asserted that Henne is without blame. Seriously man, give it up already, you've completely discredited yourself on these forums.

Trust me, you've helped marginalize your own comments tremendously. Don't lecture me about extremism .... you're practically rooting for this organization to tank (like a child throwing a tantrum) all because Henne got benched. I've never seen anything like it. A player who's proven ZILCH in this league, nothing to warrant such extremism.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:27 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin wrote:

Or something you like to imagine me doing. I'm flattered Iowa. Didn't know I was your type.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:27 am

After seeing one individual twist, exaggerate, misinterpret and flat out LIE (yes, I am calling this person a LIAR) about what others are saying, I only have one more thing to add to this waste of a thread...

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:34 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phin wrote:

Trust me, you've helped marginalize your own comments tremendously. Don't lecture me about extremism .... you're practically rooting for this organization to tank (like a child throwing a tantrum) all because Henne got benched. I've never seen anything like it. A player who's proven ZILCH in this league, nothing to warrant such extremism.

:) Nice try fella

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:37 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
After seeing one individual twist, exaggerate, misinterpret and flat out LIE (yes, I am calling this person a LIAR) about what others are saying, I only have one more thing to add to this waste of a thread...

Just can't pass up another opportunity to antagonize? I'll give you this though - you do it well. LOL.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:38 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
RockSexton wrote:

Phin wrote:
:) Nice try fella

OK fella. :)

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:38 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:

Just can't pass up another opportunity to antagonize? I'll give you this though - you do it well. LOL.

I just hope Hen isn't offended that I called him a liar.

When he said "Wow, just wow" earlier in this thread, I could detect that he wasn't really wowed.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:39 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

I just hope Hen isn't offended that I called him a liar.

When he said "Wow, just wow" earlier in this thread, I could detect that he wasn't really wowed.

I must've missed his post ..... it's buried in here somewhere lol .....

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:41 am

Page 1.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:42 am

Iowafin wrote:

Like Phin said in another thread.

It starts at the top and trickles down.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:43 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

:embarrassed:
:)

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:44 am

Caption: Can't we all just get aschlong?

Image[/quote]

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:46 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Rich wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

:embarrassed:

...... and the obsession with male fellatio continues ......

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:47 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
Caption: Can't we all just get aschlong?

[/quote]
:clap:

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:47 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:

.....your admitting this in public now?

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:48 am

Rock Sexton wrote:

Sadly, it brings more value to the thread than what was occuring before.

Poster 1: I don't agree with benching Henne.

Poster 2: You want this team to fail!!!!

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:49 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

I'm not the one applauding a man for the idea that another man would be giving fellatio. That would be you fella. Population 1 .....no wait Population 2!

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:50 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Whatever floats your boat .... as male fellatio clearly does. ;o)

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:52 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phin wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

I'm not the one applauding a man for the idea that another man would be giving fellatio. That would be you fella. Population 1 .....no wait Population 2!

Ya know, I think I liked you better before you came out of the closet.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:52 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

.....and I'm bored...
:yawn:

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:53 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Ya know, I think I liked you better before you came out of the closet.

Yikes. First you applaud men giving head and now you tell me you liked me.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:56 am

What is further devaluing this already mucked up thread is those comebacks that are...

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:15 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Come on, guys. Humor is one thing, but this is taking things to the gross stage. Can we move on?

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:23 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Come on, guys. Humor is one thing, but this is taking things to the gross stage. Can we move on?

Lol..went from a joke to a discussion on fellatio.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:47 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phin wrote:
Im done with this coaching staff. I personally hope we lose every game the rest of the way. Sporano and Henning are a joke. I couldn't be more confused, upset, and dismayed by this move. This has CYA written all over it. Honestly this makes me sick to my stomach and ashamed to be a fan of this franchise. What clowns

I don't get this kind of thinking. A coaching decision is disliked so much that the whole team should suffer?

Could it be Parcells made a mistake in picking a QB (2 QB's) and they are moving on? We don't know that yet but wanting a whole season of your team to be lost comes off as a bit extreme.

It seems to me that being ashamed as a fan might be more suited to a Phillip Merling type of situation than a coahing evaluation decision.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:35 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Pssssst...... Hey Rich, take a look one comment above.

Thank you AQNOR. I know I didn't just imagine Phin making that comment.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:46 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Pssssst...... Hey Rich, take a look one comment above.

Thank you AQNOR. I know I didn't just imagine Phin making that comment.

Given the degenerative tone of the earlier discussion I don't want to be a part of that stuff.

Having seen Phin post good, clear thinking, evaluations before I am curious if this was just a first emotional reaction or if this is they way he really thinks about the team this year.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:02 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AQNOR wrote:
Given the degenerative tone of the earlier discussion I don't want to be a part of that stuff.

Having seen Phin post good, clear thinking, evaluations before I am curious if this was just a first emotional reaction or if this is they way he really thinks about the team this year.

Its okay for someone to vent frustration on a move that is making a lot of people scratch their heads.

There is a larger problem than just inconsistent QB play. Whether you back the QB switch or not is just opinion. But there is no denying that the timing of this decision, and the factors surrounding it are leaving a lot of us wondering what is going on and challenging us to have faith that these guys know what they are doing.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:18 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Like everyone agrees, it is Henning who blew it all. There were a few games where our run started strong, especially in Ravens game. Then all of a sudden, no more run plays! Henne needs that run game to be able to develop. We all know what we are getting with Pennington. Ball security and good decision making. Nothing real explosive, few trick plays probably. Penny is a good leader though and if we need a rally, he is the man to lead it, so I cant completely disagree. Too much weight was forced upon Hennes shoulders at way to early of a point in his career. He will learn and grow stronger and hopefully be a key component to our future.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:30 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

I'm not sure to tell you the truth. Was the play just not being executed at the QB level. IE...call a deep throw, have single coverage and throw it to the check down guy anyway. That isn't really public knowledge. I do know the deep ball was there in the Raven's game and in the NE game. Miami didn't take advantage...Henne or Henning...we'll find out Sunday.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:40 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

I mean... just come on guys.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next