View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Happy with the benching of Henne? 

Do you like the benching of Henne?
Yes 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
No 83%  83%  [ 39 ]
Total votes : 47

Happy with the benching of Henne? 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Happy with the benching of Henne?
Yes or No will do....

I think we just said Henne, "well thank you for your services" at 25 yrs old and with not even a full season to prove himself.

But hey no worries beacuse there is always another 2nd round QB out there for us... (pfft) What happened to commitment for at least 1 season?

Screw the coaching staff and everyone involved in this, this is taking us nowhere and leaving us with the same question every offseason yet again. Who is gonna be our QB?

I hope Sparano and Henning get their asses fired... but dont worry, Its been 35+ years since we won a Superbowl and 20+ since we made it to one... we're almost there specially since we just benched our "starting QB of the future".

So I think you already know my answer.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:46 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Happy with the benching of Henne?
Another Bill Parcels flunky coaching staff implodes...

At least we wont suffer as much as Dallas...

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:54 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Not happy at all. Pennington may come in and win some games, sure, and that'll be great... but that does not help the teams future one bit.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

IamPZ wrote:
Not happy at all. Pennington may come in and win some games, sure, and that'll be great... but that does not help the teams future one bit.

Couldn't have said it better

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dan wrote:
Yes or No will do....

I think we just said Henne, "well thank you for your services" at 25 yrs old and with not even a full season to prove himself.

But hey no worries beacuse there is always another 2nd round QB out there for us... (pfft) What happened to commitment for at least 1 season?

Screw the coaching staff and everyone involved in this, this is taking us nowhere and leaving us with the same question every offseason yet again. Who is gonna be our QB?

I hope Sparano and Henning get their asses fired... but dont worry, Its been 35+ years since we won a Superbowl and 20+ since we made it to one... we're almost there specially since we just benched our "starting QB of the future".

So I think you already know my answer.

Yep, at 25 and with a winning overall record as a starter we have announced Henne a bust. My personal opinion is that our staff lacks the ability to call the right kind of game to help us win. We have a good football team, we don't have a very good staff. I now know why Parcells is leaving this team. He is distancing himself from yet another failed attempt.
:boo:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:18 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I've tried to stay even on my opinions of Henne. Do my best to both praise and criticize. Truth is I think he is and will be "the guy." But there have been moments where you criticize and it has to be understood that this is a process. Apparently Sparano doesn't understand that. And his comments a few weeks ago about how you have to be especially patient with your QB are now worth about as much as the paper they were printed on.

The only question I have is was this a move the players wanted him to make? If it wasn't then I can't imagine what it will do to the locker room.

I'd like to not be too presumptive and think I know all the details, but I think these guys are signing their own death warrant.

Sparano has always coached this team like it was a high school team emphasizing discipline and toughness. He jettisoned some talented people for guys who were tougher (look at our interior offensive line this year, some of the secondary, etc.). And yes, his assessments are integral in those decisions, its not just Ireland.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:19 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

John Gruden loves Henne....

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
I've tried to stay even on my opinions of Henne. Do my best to both praise and criticize. Truth is I think he is and will be "the guy." But there have been moments where you criticize and it has to be understood that this is a process. Apparently Sparano doesn't understand that. And his comments a few weeks ago about how you have to be especially patient with your QB are now worth about as much as the paper they were printed on.

The only question I have is was this a move the players wanted him to make? If it wasn't then I can't imagine what it will do to the locker room.

I'd like to not be too presumptive and think I know all the details, but I think these guys are signing their own death warrant.

Sparano has always coached this team like it was a high school team emphasizing discipline and toughness. He jettisoned some talented people for guys who were tougher (look at our interior offensive line this year, some of the secondary, etc.). And yes, his assessments are integral in those decisions, its not just Ireland.

"Feed the Wolf" ..... kind of like a high school pep rally ....

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:20 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Whats the over/under that Henne is the 2nd half starter this week?

LOL... Gotta try and have some fun with this crap...

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:21 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

wkloiber13 wrote:
Yep, at 25 and with a winning overall record as a starter we have announced Henne a bust. My personal opinion is that our staff lacks the ability to call the right kind of game to help us win. We have a good football team, we don't have a very good staff. I now know why Parcells is leaving this team. He is distancing himself from yet another failed attempt. :boo:

All they had to do was find an identity and stick to it. They had the running backs and barely used them. They opted to go with a discount interior Oline which made the running game even harder. You can't just up and decide you are a throwing team with a bunch of role players and a superstar who is double and triple covered on every play.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:22 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

10acjed wrote:

Does John Gruden love South Florida?

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:23 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

jammer wrote:
10acjed wrote:

Does John Gruden love South Florida?

I dont know, he coached in Tampa, his brother in Orlando. I think he may be from Florida maybe, but might be wrong... Edit, yeah hes from Ohio...

I know I like him alot better on MNF than most commentators. But he will coach again..

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:26 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I have always defended Sparano from all the chicken little fans the last few years. I cannot defend this move. It is STUPID and short-sighted. There is no logical reason to make this move. Fire Henning first. This is a horrible decision and in my opinion if we lose on Sunday, Sparano needs fired.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:36 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Who is the lone idiot who voted yes? They should be banned from the site permanently.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:38 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

From Omar Kelly's twitter:

Sources told me the Dolphins made this change because they really need to know if the problem's the OFFENSE (Henning) or the trigger man.

So Miami is going to see if its 70 yr old offensive coordinator is the future.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:41 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

jammer wrote:

Sources told me the Dolphins made this change because they really need to know if the problem's the OFFENSE (Henning) or the trigger man.

Why is we all already know the answer, is Tony that stupid????

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:42 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

jammer wrote:

His "source" is Sid Rosenberg who has been Henning bashing for a few weeks and broke the rumor that Henning had a meeting with the staff to discuss a QB change a few weeks ago...

Stupid move to bench Henne tho, if Penning plays well which there is a great chance of, then what to do?
Pennington is not the answer to our teams woes

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:44 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Here is another problem (well a few) where it won't be an apples to apples comparison. They are heading into the easier stretch of the schedule. The ground game should be able to improve. That will take pressure off Pennington and the defense will not be facing Big Ben, Flacco, Palmer, or Rodgers. Instead they get Shaun Hill, Colt McCoy, Jason Campbell and the ever erratic Jay Cutler. You get Brady without Moss, which has proven to be a problem and you get Sanchez in bad weather which is already becoming a factor in a few of his games. How is this a fair comparison?

So the defense can play better, the ground game has better potential and it allows Pennington to manage. Is the conclusion that he is better and the game planning was not?

Again this makes no sense. Its a panic move and a step backward. Henne turns it around you prove your assessment of drafting a grooming him was correct. You bail on him now then why trust your judgment to find another young QB? He fails, and still you are proven to be wrong. The only way to save your hide is ride it out and hope he progresses. Use the ground game to help him. Let him play against some weaker secondaries and build confidence.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:03 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Heard Henne answering questions in front of his locker on NFL Network.

Didn't hear the question, but here is his answer: "I'm not going to prepare any different. I will help Chad prepare as he has helped me prepare."

Nice to see that Henne is saying all the right things. Hopefully, his next team will appreciate his ability to keep his head while those around him are losing theirs.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:04 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Who is the lone idiot who voted yes? They should be banned from the site permanently.

Someone doesn't agree with your opinion and you insult them. I am starting to see a pattern here.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I completely understand most everyone's gripe about Henne being benched. Although I was for being more patient on Henne's development, I also want to see the team win games this year and the regime obviously feels that the best bet to win now is with Pennington.

I cant say that I disagree with that if that is truly their mission. It will now be so interesting to see how these next few games play out.

Oh well, it is what it is and as a diehard fins fan and a fan of Chad Pennington all I can do is hope for that storybook miracle of our team rattling off 8 regular season wins in a row and a trip into the playoffs!!

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:29 pm
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

dolphinjim wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...Calling people idiots will get you banned from here, not voting in a poll.

Anyway's, I'm not happy with the benching, is the way I voted.

But, at the same time, something had to change.

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm
Profile YIM
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

Didn't like the move, NOT HAPPY!

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:49 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Ya know people keep saying we will win more games this year, and Im sure that was Sporanos thinking as well (CYA). However, there is no guarantee that we will win more. Add to that little variable the fact that now Henne's development comes to a near halt, well what your left with is one gigantic cluster. This move makes no sense at all; other than being all about saving Sporano's job (he hopes). At least if we would have started Henne for the rest of the season, we would get an idea of whether or not we needed to draft a replacement. (Im not saying that would be enough time to properly asses Henne, but it would at least give us a chance of knowing more about his future in the NFL). Now with this kneejerk/CYA move, we are screwed. My money is on us losing enough games this season to miss the playoffs, having Sporano get fired, and the next coach coming in not sure of whether or not he should draft his own qb. I see some many more dark days ahead for this franchise.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:05 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Ya know people keep saying we will win more games this year, and Im sure that was Sporanos thinking as well (CYA). However, there is no guarantee that we will win more. Add to that little variable the fact that now Henne's development comes to a near halt, well what your left with is one gigantic cluster. This move makes no sense at all; other than being all about saving Sporano's job (he hopes). At least if we would have started Henne for the rest of the season, we would get an idea of whether or not we needed to draft a replacement. (Im not saying that would be enough time to properly asses Henne, but it would at least give us a chance of knowing more about his future in the NFL). Now with this kneejerk/CYA move, we are screwed. My money is on us losing enough games this season to miss the playoffs, having Sporano get fired, and the next coach coming in not sure of whether or not he should draft his own qb. I see some many more dark days ahead for this franchise.

.... but Sparano isn't being given that much time. Is that not obvious? Have you ever seen a regime go "You know what, we're losing but let's develop our QB even though we're most likely gone next year."

That just sounds ridiculous. Crazy how much patience pro-Henne people like yourself were urging from everyone else prior to today, but yet if he doesn't get to start the Titans game or the rest of the year it means he's done for.

Just ironic. I mean a few days ago you were reminding me it took Brees 5 seasons.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:13 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phin wrote:

.... but Sparano isn't being given that much time. Is that not obvious? Have you ever seen a regime go "You know what, we're losing but let's develop our QB even though we're most likely gone next year."

That just sounds ridiculous. Crazy how much patience pro-Henne people like yourself were urging from everyone else prior to today, but yet if he doesn't get to start the Titans game or the rest of the year it means he's done for.

Just ironic. I mean a few days ago you were reminding me it took Brees 5 seasons.

I know how the NFL works my argumentative friend. Sporano is in desperation mode. LIkely this little experiment of his will fail, and then he will be gone. The next coach will come in and likely want to draft their own guy. Henne likely will become the sacrificial lamb in all this, being cast to the side as Beck was (although Beck wasn't nearly as good as Henne has demonstrated). Its not certain, but this is a likely scenario. Your entitled to your own opinions, and I know you think this is grand and all, but I disagree with it.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
I know how the NFL works my argumentative friend.

Stop right there. We're all argumentative. But thanks though.

Quote:
Sporano is in desperation mode. LIkely this little experiment of his will fail, and then he will be gone. The next coach will come in and likely want to draft their own guy. Henne likely will become the sacrificial lamb in all this, being cast to the side as Beck was (although Beck wasn't nearly as good as Henne has demonstrated). Its not certain, but this is a likely scenario.

Likely? According to you maybe. Hmmm let's think here for a second. We don't have the personnel or coordinator in place for a guy like Henne to be successful, so we plug in a guy who we know can run the offense efficiently, not to mention run play action very well and audible. We also have a new piece in Marshall which he didn't have prior. Which in turn might lead to a more competitive second half of the season, holding most of the regime in place (sans Henning) and giving Henne another opportunity next year.

Did you ever stop to consider that for one second? You can't change an entire offensive philosophy midseason. They will need to find a capable replacement next year.

Quote:
Your entitled to your own opinions, and I know you think this is grand and all, but I disagree with it.

Is it necessary to stick that in there? I think my opinions are grand? Look in the mirror sometime. You've been grandstanding that this franchise is in turmoil and is a laughing stock all day long.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:27 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phin wrote:
I know how the NFL works my argumentative friend.

Stop right there. We're all argumentative. But thanks though.

No, you tend to follow guys from thread to thread looking to get into back and forth arguments when they don't line up with your views. Thats fine and all, but don't get your undies bunched when I call it for what it is.

Quote:
Likely? According to you maybe. Hmmm let's think here for a second. We don't have the personnel or coordinator in place for a guy like Henne to be successful, so we plug in a guy who we know can run the offense efficiently, not to mention run play action very well and audible. We also have a new piece in Marshall which he didn't have prior. Which in turn might lead to a more competitive second half of the season, holding most of the regime in place (sans Henning) and giving Henne another opportunity next year.

Did you ever stop to consider that for one second? You can't change an entire offensive philosophy midseason. They will need to find a capable replacement next year.

Yes I have considered that, and no I do not think that is the reason for this move. We really don't know what the true motivation for the move is, so your guess is as good as mine. I believe my assumption is operating from the higher degree of probability.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
No, you tend to follow guys from thread to thread looking to get into back and forth arguments when they don't line up with your views. Thats fine and all, but don't get your undies bunched when I call it for what it is.

Again, stop right there. This is an internet forum and I'm speaking my mind much as you're doing. I distinctly remember you doing just the same following Sunday's loss after anyone mentioned anything bad about Henne's performance. Funny how that works.

Nobody's undies are "bunched" except your own. You're predicting peril and laughing stock as if it's some kind of certainty.

Quote:
Yes I have considered that, and no I do not think that is the reason for this move. We really don't know what the true motivation for the move is, so your guess is as good as mine. I believe my assumption is operating from the higher degree of probability.

Your assumption is that Sparano is saving his own butt. Ironically, you understand what happens if he gets his butt saved right? The team will not get blown up like you openly stated you feared, especially in regards to Henne's development and not being cast off by some new regime.

Regardless what is it can you not see that Henne/Henning don't fit? They're obviously not firing Henning right now so why would they keep banging their heads against the wall and forcing a square peg in a round hole with Henne? They have a capable replacement for him.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:36 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
Someone doesn't agree with your opinion and you insult them. I am starting to see a pattern here.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:48 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

As much as I have criticized Henne for not seeing the field, I don't agree with this. He is the future. Even if Miami squeaks into the playoffs they're not going to beat anyone this year. Pennington doesn't have the arm to exploit the deep half of the field. Everyone, every defense, every DC knows this. Henne wasn't exploiting it, but he did have the ability. Anyway, moving on. Pennington will probably be just as ineffective come Sunday.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:04 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

All I know is that in 2008 I spent $100.00 on my Pennington jersey and I get to break that back out of the moth balls in my closet!!

:grin:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:53 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Finhead wrote:
All I know is that in 2008 I spent $100.00 on my Pennington jersey and I get to break that back out of the moth balls in my closet!!

:grin:

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yep! and I am happy to wear my Pennington jersey again! Nothing at all against Henne, but I am certainly hoping he tears it up!

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:17 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

And I get to Moth Ball my Henne jersey for a while!!

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead wrote:
Yep! and I am happy to wear my Pennington jersey again! Nothing at all against Henne, but I am certainly hoping he tears it up!

So refreshing to hear that.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:41 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolphinjim wrote:

I did not know you had replaced Big Dave, but I was the first who voted yes. I hope your besmirching of others brings some relief to your tortured soul.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:44 pm

Finhead wrote:

It would be a first as Pennington has never "torn it up" anywhere he has been.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:55 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

dolphinjim wrote:

We checked and it was Sparano. Even Pennington voted against it! :ann0y:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:30 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dolfanrar wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:

We checked and it was Sparano. Even Pennington voted against it! :ann0y:

lol. Thanks for the laugh this morning. : )

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next