View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Forget Penny, Forget Henne, why not Thigpen! 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Forget Penny, Forget Henne, why not Thigpen!
I don't think it is all Henne's fault. I do think the Offensive coordinator has been horrible for us but at the same time Henne just isn't making plays out there. He has cement shoes on and does not move around enough in the pocket. I think right now we have a guy named Thigpen that is exciting to watch and has proven in the past (Chiefs) that he can make things happen. The Chiefs lost most games with him under center but it was because their defense was a mess. But Thigpen put up numbers and moved the offense consistently. I think he just needs a chance and I feel he should be starting if they want to bench Henne. Look at Vick over in Philly. Who would of thought that Vick would be playing at the level that he is. I am not trying to compare Thigpen to Vick but you never know. I hope Thigpen gets a shot sooner than later.

With that said, I do think that Penny will play well and give us a better shot at winning than Henne right now. But it just doesn't give us an answer for the future. I think either Thigpen or Henne is the future and its best to find out this year...

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:52 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Forget Penny, Forget Henne, why not Thigpen!
Thigpen sucks.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:24 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I really would like to see Thigpen with the WR's and line we have right now. He is a gunslinger to be sure, but at least he has mobility and I think he is more accurate than Henne. Henne struggles with even the simplest short throws...he has no touch. Rocket arm though....but Thigpen has that as well.

All that said, this team will never give Thigpen a shot....barring injury...

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:06 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Thigpen was exciting in preseason. He takes shots downfield often. I loved watching him sling it. Killer arm too. He does suffer from a 25% idiot decision disease. Nothing that cannot be fixed with time, but who has time to loose anymore.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:59 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I'd love to see it

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Thigpen is the same type of quarterback that Henne is, but with less intelligence. Thigpen will not go downfield any more than Henne did. The offensive coordinator is calling 10 yard passes to the sidelines all game long. He's lining Brandon Marshall up in the slot and having him run 5 yard routes over the middle. Henne has only gone deep 14 times this season because the coaches are intentionally limiting him. This whole Henne or Pennington issue will get solved really quick. When our offense produces more of the same thing this week against Tennesse it will become clear that Dan Henning and Tony Sparano are the reason our offense is playing the way it is.
:hithead:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:21 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

wkloiber13 wrote:
Thigpen is the same type of quarterback that Henne is,

:hithead:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:46 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Andrew (New York City)

How long of a leash does Chad Pennington have down in Miami? If he struggles against the Titans on Sunday can you see Tony Sparano going back to Chad Henne for next Thursday's game against the Bears?

Adam Schefter (2:46 PM)

Don't see that, Andrew. Once the Dolphins bench Henne, they bench Henne, that's it. Tough to move on from that. I actually think we might see some of Tyler Thigpen before we see more of Chad Henne, but we'll see. When coaches make decisions like this, they want to give it a chance and stick with decisions like this.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:21 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Miami cannot move on from Pennington. Sparano made his bed & I hope he dies in it ( HC job die for anyone who might not understand that. ) I hope they finished 4-12 with this decision. Fire Sparano & be done with him.

Henne needs to play the good soldier, but at seasons end. Ask for his release or to be traded. To many teams out there who need a QB.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:00 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dphins4me wrote:
Miami cannot move on from Pennington. Sparano made his bed & I hope he dies in it ( HC job die for anyone who might not understand that. ) I hope they finished 4-12 with this decision. Fire Sparano & be done with him.

Henne needs to play the good soldier, but at seasons end. Ask for his release or to be traded. To many teams out there who need a QB.

I just posted in another thread the teams that would line up to deal for Henne (SF, Min, Ari, etc)

Another interesting thing to note. Both Sparano and Henning have said Henne has a bright future in this league but haven't said he has a bright future on this team. Maybe its reading too much into it but if they stay here my gut tells me they are moving on from him...which I would add is entirely stupid.

I still say there is a better chance they are gone and Henne stays with a new coach.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:00 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Thigpen has never got the shot he deserves. He is going to be the kind of guy that is a backup for years until fortune smiles on him and he gets his chance. I don't call being QB of that crappy Chief's squad a chance....now, if he were there with their current lineup...yeah, that is a different story!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sparano, Henning and Henne out the door after this season.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:54 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

As I said earlier in the week Thigpen should be the STARTER! He just proved that he is the man we need to be under center....

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:07 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

No one trusts the guy, but why do we have so much faith in Henne who has two seasons throwing more INT's than TD's. Henne's accuracy leaves much to be desired. Thigpen has some touch on the ball. He missed his first throw, but I doubt he has been getting many repetitions in practice. What a clutch performance today.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:10 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

He had zero reps in practice this week...

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:11 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

TheCarver13 wrote:
He had zero reps in practice this week...

Maybe that's the secret!

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:22 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Wait till defenses have film on him.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:52 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
Thigpen sucks.

And you are correct.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:47 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

you watching him tonight? Total garbage. Rather have Ronnie Brown behind center on every play than this joker

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:00 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

To be fair, Thigpen is getting no blocking at all. They lost their center in the 1st quarter and Marshall in the 2nd quarter and the running game is non-existent. I find it easier to handle this one with the TV off. Another Miami humiliation on national television.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:07 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

TheCarver13 wrote:
I don't think it is all Henne's fault. I do think the Offensive coordinator has been horrible for us but at the same time Henne just isn't making plays out there. He has cement shoes on and does not move around enough in the pocket. I think right now we have a guy named Thigpen that is exciting to watch and has proven in the past (Chiefs) that he can make things happen. The Chiefs lost most games with him under center but it was because their defense was a mess. But Thigpen put up numbers and moved the offense consistently. I think he just needs a chance and I feel he should be starting if they want to bench Henne. Look at Vick over in Philly. Who would of thought that Vick would be playing at the level that he is. I am not trying to compare Thigpen to Vick but you never know. I hope Thigpen gets a shot sooner than later.

With that said, I do think that Penny will play well and give us a better shot at winning than Henne right now. But it just doesn't give us an answer for the future. I think either Thigpen or Henne is the future and its best to find out this year...

Now you know why not Thigpen...

There is a reason he has a completion percentage below 55% for his career...

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:16 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I don't think Henne or Penny would have done any better. No blocking. A crap performance by Marshall. Players dropping like flies with non-contact injuries. The loss of two linemen led to a lot of pressure coming from the middle and the edge. If Henne or Penny had been in there, they would have been killed. Thigpen had enough mobility to get away with his life.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:20 am

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I don't think Henne or Penny would have done any better. No blocking. A crap performance by Marshall. Players dropping like flies with non-contact injuries. The loss of two linemen led to a lot of pressure coming from the middle and the edge. If Henne or Penny had been in there, they would have been killed. Thigpen had enough mobility to get away with his life.

Henne did better last year with mediocre blocking and mediocre WRs.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:21 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Gonna sit back and laugh now as the sarcastic remarks air about Thigpen by people claiming "patience" for Henne.

Let's recount what Thigpen was working with tonight:

- Patchwork offensive line featuring it's 4th different center since the preseason. Not to mention Long playing with a separated shoulder and torn labrum. He was running for his life out there.
- Brandon Marshall dropping two balls right in the numbers, drawing yet another penalty for taunting, and leaving the game in the 2nd quarter with a hamstring injury.
- While the offense was mucking it up, the defense couldn't get itself off the field. Not nearly enough possessions leading up to the 4th quarter to get anything going.

Again, prior to Penny's injury we all sat here and argued for/against each side. Much of the defense of Henne was because everything and everyone else outside of Al-Queda was to blame for his shortcomings. We were told 21 games is not enough time .... and yet people want to paint the rest of Thigpen's future after tonight? That's hilarious! I'm not saying he is or is not going to be anything just yet. He's played what, 13-14 games? One with this injury riddled Dolphins squad and the others with that pathetic KC team two years ago? Child please. LOL.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:37 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
Gonna sit back and laugh now as the sarcastic remarks air about Thigpen by people claiming "patience" for Henne.

Why? You didn't find it funny when you were dismissing patience for Henne.

We're just doing our best imitation of the kneejerks now that the shoe is on the other foot.

Quote:
Let's recount what Thigpen was working with tonight:

- Patchwork offensive line featuring it's 4th different center since the preseason. Not to mention Long playing with a separated shoulder and torn labrum. He was running for his life out there.
- Brandon Marshall dropping two balls right in the numbers, drawing yet another penalty for taunting, and leaving the game in the 2nd quarter with a hamstring injury.
- While the offense was mucking it up, the defense couldn't get itself off the field. Not nearly enough possessions leading up to the 4th quarter to get anything going.

Those sound like the types of things you called excuses when Henne had receivers falling or tipping balls into the hands of defenders...

Now they are valid reasons?

You've now given us a lesson in hypocrisy.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:39 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Why? You didn't find it funny when you were dismissing patience for Henne.

We're just doing our best imitation of the kneejerks now that the shoe is on the other foot.

Dismissing? I was in agreement with the coaching staff for making a switch for THIS YEAR. Not next year. Something to try and salvage the season as it wasn't clicking. Had nothing to do with whether or not I was convinced of Henne's long term potential.

The problem is your attempt at being ironic is well, ironic.

Quote:
Those sound like the types of things you called excuses when Henne had receivers falling or tipping balls into the hands of defenders...

Now they are valid reasons?

You've now given us a lesson in hypocrisy.

No hypocrisy.

I've never denied when receivers have done that. My disagreement comes from the fact that I've seen poor ball placement all year with Henne, so both elements are at fault. Tonight, when Tyler had time I watched him put the ball in the numbers. If there's one thing Henne had when he played this year, it was time to throw.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:44 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
Tonight, when Tyler had time I watched him put the ball in the numbers. If there's one thing Henne had when he played this year, it was time to throw.

http://www.lenscrafters.com/eyeglasses/ ... act-lenses

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:46 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yeah...Thigpen had the ball sailing high even when he did get time (which was VERY rarely). He let the pass rush get inside of his head....but, based on the lack of blocking this was understandable.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:48 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Tonight, when Tyler had time I watched him put the ball in the numbers. If there's one thing Henne had when he played this year, it was time to throw.

http://www.lenscrafters.com/eyeglasses/ ... act-lenses

I'm sure they give you great prices.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:48 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Yeah...Thigpen had the ball sailing high even when he did get time (which was VERY rarely). He let the pass rush get inside of his head....but, based on the lack of blocking this was understandable.

Sailed high? Look back at the man's completions when he had time to throw the ball and not run from the jailhouse break the Bears were applying with 4 down lineman.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:49 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
Sailed high?

Further evidence that a new prescription is in order. Perhaps telescopes...

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:51 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Sailed high?

Further evidence that a new prescription is in order. Perhaps telescopes...

Seriously man, this gets so tiresome. You just cannot communicate with me without having to reach into that bag of antagonism. It's old man. If you want to have a conversation as adults let me know. We could sit here going back and forth all night long with childish emoticons, slick come backs, and a few .JPG's .... alas I'd rather not.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:53 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
Seriously man, this gets so tiresome. You just cannot communicate with me without having to reach into that bag of antagonism. It's old man. If you want to have a conversation as adults let me know. We could sit here going back and forth all night long with childish emoticons, slick come backs, and a few .JPG's .... alas I'd rather not.

Typical you.

You antagonize others as evidenced by this:

Rock Sexton wrote:

Then criticize others for it.

And then act as if you want a conversation as adults?

If you showed any evidence of wanting to have an adult conversation, trust me I would oblige you. But you don't so I don't.

You want to have a conversation like adults? Then the onus is on you to start it off that way.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:58 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Typical you.

You antagonize others as evidenced by this:

Rock Sexton wrote:

Then criticize others for it.

And then act as if you want a conversation as adults?

If you showed any evidence of wanting to have an adult conversation, trust me I would oblige you. But you don't so I don't.

You want to have a conversation like adults? Then the onus is on you to start it off that way.

OK Rich. I never said anything sarcastic to you in the least ..... you know it .... you started out with the link to Lenscrafters and then followed it up with the telescope comment. You do it constantly. I never even made the "sailed high" comment to you and you felt compelled to respond with another sarcastic remark about eyesight.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:00 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
OK Rich. I never said anything sarcastic to you in the least ..... you know .... you started out with the link to Lenscrafters and then followed it up with the telescope comment. You do it constantly.

So now we're going from antagonizing to sarcastic?

The parameters change to your convenience?

This has been the problem with you since your "Transcendental" days. You fire salvos and then point the finger when they are fired at you. Never recognizing the stones you cast.

The fact of the matter is, you came into the thread with this quote:

Quote:

How do you expect people to have an adult conversation with you when that is your opening act?

You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Look in the mirror bud. If you want an adult conversation, initiate one.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:04 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
OK Rich. I never said anything sarcastic to you in the least ..... you know .... you started out with the link to Lenscrafters and then followed it up with the telescope comment. You do it constantly.

So now we're going from antagonizing to sarcastic?

The parameters change to your convenience?

This has been the problem with you since your "Transcendental" days. You fire salvos and then point the finger when they are fired at you. Never recognizing the stones you cast.

The fact of the matter is, you came into the thread with this quote:

Quote:

How do you expect people to have an adult conversation with you when that is your opening act?

You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Look in the mirror bud. If you want an adult conversation, initiate one.

I didn't post links to lenscrafters and antagonize with over the top personal attacking statements. I said I would laugh at the idea that anyone would have such a short fuse with Tyler because of the patience being pleaded for in regards to Henne. Notice how I didn't refer to it as "idiocy" or any other wild superlative I could come up with like you often do.

.... while we're speaking about the past, the only reason you get away with what you do is because of your other contributions to the site. If you were some random poster, you would have been booted a long time ago. It's quite clear you're just a very combative person by nature - intensely so. I just don't get why. Can't figure it out. Then again, a computer screen and a keyboard makes a lot of people feel invincible. You easily hold the record for most on-site spats on here. It's no contest.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:09 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
I didn't post links to lenscrafters and antagonize with over the top personal attacking statements.

Where are the over the top personal attacking statements?

Lenscrafters? Do you suffer from thin skin? Answer: yes.

It was a joke. Get over it.

Quote:
Notice how I didn't refer to it as "idiocy" or any other wild superlative I could come up with like you often do.

This is a fabrication on your part.

Similar to what you did to Phin in a thread a week or so ago, you start pulling things out of your butt that people have never said or done.

Another reason you're not liked too much around here. People don't like liars, people who make stuff up, accuse others of saying things they never said etc.

You do all of these things.

Quote:
It's quite clear you're just a very combative person by nature - intensely so. I just don't get why. Can't figure it out.

Again look in the mirror.

With individuals that behave like you, yes.

Let's turn the tables.

When YOU are ready to have an adult conversation, let me know.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:14 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
I didn't post links to lenscrafters and antagonize with over the top personal attacking statements.

Where are the over the top personal attacking statements?

Lenscrafters? Do you suffer from thin skin? Answer: yes.

It was a joke. Get over it.

Quote:
Notice how I didn't refer to it as "idiocy" or any other wild superlative I could come up with like you often do.

This is a fabrication on your part.

Similar to what you did to Phin in a thread a week or so ago, you start pulling things out of your butt that people have never said or done.

Another reason you're not liked too much around here. People don't like liars, people who make stuff up, accuse others of saying things they never said etc.

You do all of these things.

Quote:
It's quite clear you're just a very combative person by nature - intensely so. I just don't get why. Can't figure it out.

Again look in the mirror.

With individuals that behave like you, yes.

Let's turn the tables.

When YOU are ready to have an adult conversation, let me know.

I already asked you to have an adult conversation. Since then you've kept on with all your perceptions of what you feel my intentions are and forensically anlayzed nearly every single sentence I've typed. You don't give up man, ever.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:18 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

No offense Rock but your opening line did instigate this.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:00 am
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Relax, both of you. There's no need. Please get back on topic.

It's obvious that Thigpen isn't going to be our saving grace. He isn't the next Romo, Marino, or even anything close. We our busted up on the line which isn't helping anything. We are in for a few long games I'm affraid.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:44 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

OK, straight up, Thigpen is 100 times worse than Henne. The end. Thanks for stopping by.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next