View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 The puzzling moves continue 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post The puzzling moves continue
When this regime unceremoniously dumped Matt Roth, my initial reaction was stunned. This guy, afterall, was doing well in both the run defense and had enough of a motor to be a solid complementary OLB to either Taylor or Porter. I figured that one of the veterans was a lock now that Roth was gone. Wrong. Both Taylor and Porter are elsewhere and Miami filled those shoes with untested players. No question Wake is an upgrade to any of them but you'd have to wonder if all 3 of those guys above aren't ahead of Misi. Fast forward throughout the year and what you have is nothing more than a regime that is about as knee jerk as a fan on the edge.
Will Allen
Jake Grove
Greg Camarillo
Jason Allen
Ted Ginn

Will Allen on IR? How stupid is that move looking right now? How about I just label it as dumb as any move I've ever seen out of any coaching staff outside Ditka trading all of their 1999 draft picks for Ricky Williams. I have to hand it to Sparano. If I had made a move this stupid, I think I'd be out there trying to cover it up by talking up Jason Allen and how well he is playing. Maybe someone would buy it. Nope..not Tony, Instead he signs a washed up Al Harris and cuts Jason Allen. Allen was still the best tackling ST's guy on the team. Hold on...I'm having a flash back to Ted Ginn here. You know..not really a number 1 guy but might make a decent complement to a legit number 1 and pretty good return guy. So we bring in the legit number 1 guy and trade Ginn for an average special teams player. Not only did they send Will Allen to IR but then they trade a fan favorite in Greg Camarillo for Bennie Sapp who has been victimized so often its getting ridiculous. Maybe its just me...but I think this regime just hit the panic button. It has been a circus of bad moves since the cutting of Matt Roth. Too numerous to list, let's just say you could get pages just by looking at the OL. In any case, the panic to pull the plug on Henne is absolutely asinine. Hopefully this is just to light a fire but if you're going to do that without creating a firestorm, you bench him for a quarter in a game he's already lost...ie Baltimore. Note to Tony...Pennington is one hit from retirement. At that point, I suppose us fans can look forward to you trading the 2011 draft for Tony Romo.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:54 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: The puzzling moves continue
Gee Gary, why don't you speak your mind? lol

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:01 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ted Ginn a knee jerk reaction? Hardly.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:14 pm

Iowafin wrote:

when you consider we traded him for Nolan Carroll I think it was a little rushed. Ginn would've at least given Miami speed on the outside in 4 WR sets and excitement in the return game...what has Carroll done so far?

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:10 pm

Finhead wrote:
Gee Gary, why don't you speak your mind? lol

That was my knee jerk reaction...may Pennington make me eat my words

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:12 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

when you consider we traded him for Nolan Carroll I think it was a little rushed. Ginn would've at least given Miami speed on the outside in 4 WR sets and excitement in the return game...what has Carroll done so far?

Ginn would have provided plays detrimental to the team...he cost the team more than he provided. What has Carroll done? Not turned the ball over and still managed decent field position.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:17 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Iowafin wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Ginn would have provided plays detrimental to the team...he cost the team more than he provided. What has Carroll done? Not turned the ball over and still managed decent field position.

Carroll muffed a kickoff against the Ravens that was two inches from becoming a safety....

Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:00 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Well at least we did not sign Merriman. The beast is once again hurt & is not practicing.
I guess we will sign him long term in the off season the way things are going.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:26 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Well at least we did not sign Merriman. The beast is once again hurt & is not practicing.
I guess we will sign him long term in the off season the way things are going.

As Phins pointed out, we did try to sign him. Maybe it is the coaching staff. LOL!

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:37 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Carroll muffed a kickoff against the Ravens that was two inches from becoming a safety....

Yes he did. Your point?

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:15 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

what was knee jerk about trading Camarillo ? And sorry Sapp has been burned, and MADE plays... Camarillo has done dick in Minn.... he would have done zero for us here...... should he have been kept cause he was a "fan favorite"... wow....and Grove ? sorry he couldn't say healthy....who is he playing for know....exactly.... look the Henne move is a huge problem for me, and I a starting to question this regime seriously for the first time, but that doesn't mean I will try to exaggerate decisions that were made this year as knee jerk if they really weren't!!!

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:04 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Nolan Carroll is a solid prospect that our coaches are developing. He's contributing on special teams in the mean time. He could very well develop into a solid nickel corner for us, maybe a starter if someone gets hurt. If I'm not mistaken he was a top prospect before he got hurt his final year at Maryland. He's got a lot of talent and I think he could really help our secondary down the road.
As for Ted Ginn Jr., well, he really didn't work out the way many fans would have liked. He never really developed as a top wideout. That being said, I'm like many of you and I too wish we could have found a way to keep him. But secondary was a major area of concern that our staff wanted to address this season so they opted to trade him for a defensive prospect. I'm not saying it was a great trade, but I do see what they are trying to do with that move. Only time and Nolan Carroll will decide whether it was a good move.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Nolan Carroll is a solid prospect that our coaches are developing.

I'd love to agree with you, but I just don't know anymore.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:05 am

Iowafin wrote:
Rich wrote:

Yes he did. Your point?

If I have to spell it out for you, there isn't much hope, so why bother?

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:15 am

Iowafin wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Ginn single handedly beat the Jets in NY last year. 2 KO returns for TDs. If nothing else, that would've been worth keeping him for rather than trade for a 5th round pick.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:38 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Iowafin wrote:
Rich wrote:

Yes he did. Your point?

lets think about that one
:thinking:

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:

Ginn single handedly beat the Jets in NY last year. 2 KO returns for TDs. If nothing else, that would've been worth keeping him for rather than trade for a 5th round pick.

If that's the case, he single handedly lost to New Orleans, Indianapolis, New England (x2)

This argument is getting old. Get it in your head...Ted GInn sucks.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:35 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:

I love revisionist history. How many 3rd down drops did he have? How many times did he duck out of bounds? How many punts did he muff? How many times did we all cuss at the screen because of something dumb Ginn did?

The guy was a lost cause.

Get over it.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:

Ginn had one good game in his career. I'd bet SF would love that trade back. The guy has 5 --- FIVE --- receptions this season for 68 yards.

In 3.5 seasons he has 5 receiving TD's. He's a waste. Let's be happy he's someone else's problem (though I'm not saying anything about his character, or that of his family).

Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]