View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:26 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Pennington gets a pay raise 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It's only money.

:$$

Quote:
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 11, 2010, 10:54 AM EST

Chad Henne‘s demotion was tough for the third-year player to swallow, but it should have gone down considerably easier for Chad Pennington. (Although the two Chads apparently had a tear-filled conversation after the news broke.)

The Palm Beach Post reports that Pennington’s salary will rise from $2.5 million to $5.75 million because he was named the starter. It was supposed to be an “unlikely to be earned incentive.” The Dolphins’ originally said Pennington’s re-signing was absolutely no threat to Henne.

Pennington, though, has a way to exceeding expectations. Bringing the Dolphins to the playoffs with their upcoming schedule might be his toughest test yet.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... pay-raise/

Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Pennington gets a pay raise
Pennington is an amazing quarterback when he's healthy. He's probably one of the best play action quarterbacks of all time when he's healthy. He's the most accurate quarterback of all time when he's healthy. Is he healthy???

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:11 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

does it matter, the guy is 2-4 in the post season in an 11 yer career...

I hate to be down on him, cause I do like him being on our team and think he is a great leader and mentor for our younger players..

Just think this is a ridiculous move....

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Maybe Pennington only comes in for one week to light a fire under Henne's butt? If Pennington balls out of control and leads us to victory, then you keep him in there becaues he's earned it. If we continue to play mediocre on offense and lose, then you bring back Henne.
I think this game is Sparano trying to figure out if Henne or Henning is the reason this team is not scoring points. He's evaluating his football team right now and trying to find ways to fix the problems on offense. Since he can't change his offensive coordinator, he's changing his quarterback. I'm upset that Henne is benched, but I'm glad our coach is trying to find ways for us to win and save our season. The best possible result from this week would be for us to win the game 2-0 by the strength of our defense and Henne returns as our starter the next week. That's just my opinion.
:grin:

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:54 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]