View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 
 I just thought of something 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post I just thought of something
I am sitting here watching the Falcons vs. Ravens. Ryan and Flacco were in the same draft class as Henne. You know what they have the Chad doesn't? A STUD TE. Ryan has Gonzo and Flacco has Heap. Easily 2 of the top 5 TEs in the NFL. Henne gets stuck with Fasano. A never was, nor will be. So many times we hear how important a stud TE is, and we haven't had one since Keith Jackson. Thoughts?

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:07 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: I just thought of something
I would agree with that.

But man...Matt Ryan calling his own plays, just cruising over that vaunted Raven D....This is painful man.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:35 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

But man...Matt Ryan calling his own plays, just cruising over that vaunted Raven D....This is painful man

It is painful. He looks like a vet. Can Henne ever do this? Who knows....I would like to find out.

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:39 pm

Makchell wrote:
But man...Matt Ryan calling his own plays, just cruising over that vaunted Raven D....This is painful man

It is painful. He looks like a vet. Can Henne ever do this? Who knows....I would like to find out.

They don't even let him AUDIBLE. And Matt Ryan is calling his own plays in a Jim Kelly-like hurry up offense.

20-27, 160 yards, 1TD no INTs.....in the first half. He hasn't let the Ravens offense get on the field yet this entire quarter basically.....

Just came up with another big 1st down....

Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:44 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

20-27, 160 yards, 1TD no INTs.....in the first half. He hasn't let the Ravens offense get on the field yet this entire quarter basically

I brought this up on Phinfever live, Our D was on the field and getting gashed. The O goes 3 and out and the D is back on. It would ahve been nice for the O to help help out the D. Hell, they bailed Henne out on his 1st pick. Flacco just threw a pick, and it was a dumb pick. He threw the ball into a cover 2 zone with a man underneath. Bench him! :)

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:05 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

By the way....Turner is 10-19 yrds. Good QBs make play when needed.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:30 am

Look , right now at this time those guys are just better. For whatever reason you can come up with like they have better weapons , coaching etc. Those are just excuses .... I beleive the Ravens had Henne sitting there when they chose Flacco ... that is just better scouting.
When Ryan went to atlanta they were just a mess , the Vick thing & a exodus of players like Crumpler plus they got played by Parcells (beleive in Karma?).
Im not saying by any means that Henne is done , in fact I think he can still be a good QB in this league & I dont know if Flacco or Ryan will ever win a super bowl but these guys have just elevated their play in a short period of time to become very good QB's in this league.
When you hit on a first round QB the results happen sooner than later , when you dont (& I know Henne was not a first round) you mire in mediocrity or worse.
I agree about that game last nite , especially with Ryan .... you got the feeling you were watching 2 seasoned Vets.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:13 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

dolphinjim wrote:
I am sitting here watching the Falcons vs. Ravens. Ryan and Flacco were in the same draft class as Henne. You know what they have the Chad doesn't? A STUD TE. Ryan has Gonzo and Flacco has Heap. Easily 2 of the top 5 TEs in the NFL. Henne gets stuck with Fasano. A never was, nor will be. So many times we hear how important a stud TE is, and we haven't had one since Keith Jackson. Thoughts?

This has been mentioned quite a bit in the past. A safety valve TE would have helped Henne a lot.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:49 am

Ended up with over 300 yards, a game winning drive, 3 TD's and no picks....against a defense that we couldn't get a first down on.

Yes. I would make the trade. LOL.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:14 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Henne gets stuck with Fasano. A never was, nor will be

A wide open Fasano in the end zone. Maybe Fasano would flourish with Flacco or Ryan?

Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:55 pm

Also with Atlanta , the year before Ryan arrived , wasnt that the year that they had a coach quit on them as well??

Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:59 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Also with Atlanta , the year before Ryan arrived , wasnt that the year that they had a coach quit on them as well??

Funny what a stud QB can do for a team.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:01 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:

A wide open Fasano in the end zone. Maybe Fasano would flourish with Flacco or Ryan?

Seemed to not flourish with the most accurate QB in NFL history that is now your starting QB. Henne missed him on one throw. Fasano dropped how many nice passes from Henne?

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:12 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

Fasano drops'em from time to time, but honestly with the way he played back in 2008 I always felt like he was a sleeper TE .... he had almost 500 yards and 7 TD's. Obviously I'd prefer to have a guy like Gates, Gonzalez, etc .... but it could be worse at that position.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:12 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Fasano dropped how many nice passes from Henne

I believe 2 or 3.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:21 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Fasano drops'em from time to time, but honestly with the way he played back in 2008 I always felt like he was a sleeper TE .... he had almost 500 yards and 7 TD's. Obviously I'd prefer to have a guy like Gates, Gonzalez, etc .... but it could be worse at that position.

Didn't he have a great first few games and then disappear in 2008?

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:56 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
Fasano dropped how many nice passes from Henne

I believe 2 or 3.

Might be a few more than that.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:

They don't even let him AUDIBLE.

Will you STOP spreading disinformation? Please?

Henne does have audible options. Why you and various others keep spreading this fromunda I don't know.

Jeebus fuggin' X.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
20-27, 160 yards, 1TD no INTs.....in the first half. He hasn't let the Ravens offense get on the field yet this entire quarter basically

I brought this up on Phinfever live, Our D was on the field and getting gashed. The O goes 3 and out and the D is back on. It would ahve been nice for the O to help help out the D. Hell, they bailed Henne out on his 1st pick. Flacco just threw a pick, and it was a dumb pick. He threw the ball into a cover 2 zone with a man underneath. Bench him! :)

Perhaps if they got off the field on 3rd down . . .

We have some serious selective memory happening on this board right now, and the game was only 5 days ago.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:01 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

PEOPLE !!!

Henne was also draft 57th in the draft !!! Why do so many of u think think he was going to be a great QB !!! How about another reminder, John Beck...!! Another loser, who all you people thought was our Qb of the future !!! Henne is not a good QB !! PERIOD !!! Henne is just a great second stringer. He was drafted 57th for a good reason !!! Ryan, Sanchez, were drafted high.

The Dolphin organization does not go after big players !! Period !! Winning a superbowl is what all of us fans want, but not the organization......!! Celebrities in the stadium is our owner's priority !! Not a winning football team !!!!

It's time we all start disagreeing and dissing each other, and just accept what this organization will always be, unless we got an owner at front office that really cares !!

Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:22 pm

eleaf wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Henne does have audible options. Why you and various others keep spreading this fromunda I don't know.

Jeebus fuggin' X.

Henne said a few weeks ago that he does not audible. They go with the plays that are called and they are supposed to "execute".

Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:35 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Henne was also draft 57th in the draft !!! Why do so many of u think think he was going to be a great QB

Umm because you don't draft a player thinking he's not going to be good.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:40 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

eleaf wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Jeebus fuggin' X.

There are some reports from players saying Henne wasn't allowed to audible. Its not disinformation, its a matter of he said she said. We don't know.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:53 am

Makchell wrote:
Henne was also draft 57th in the draft !!! Why do so many of u think think he was going to be a great QB

Also because of who drafted him as well as the little bit of promise he showed last season with the fact us Dolphin fans are so QB starved.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:14 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
Ended up with over 300 yards, a game winning drive, 3 TD's and no picks....against a defense that we couldn't get a first down on.

Yes. I would make the trade. LOL.

We got plenty of first downs. We couldn't score after the first drive. Blame it on the Henning.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:46 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

hypocritex wrote:
We got plenty of first downs. We couldn't score after the first drive. Blame it on the Henning.

Thank you. Yet another proponent of the Henning firing.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:52 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

finfan808 wrote:
hypocritex wrote:

Thank you. Yet another proponent of the Henning firing.

Yes.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:56 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

dolphinjim wrote:

They also have an entire year of starting experience over Henne. Both Ryan and Flacco were inserted on day 1. Henne was installed 3 games into his 2nd season.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:44 pm
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Quote:
For those who don't know, Dolphins TE Anthony Fasano is rated as the third most productive TE per snap, behind Zach Miller and Jason Witten.
16 minutes ago via ƜberTwitter

This week I discovered Chad Henne was calling for a lot of max protection on resnap calls. With Pennington there Fasano will run more routes

http://twitter.com/omarkelly

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:56 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Matt Ryan and Flacco are clearly much better than Henne. They didn't take 3 seasons to learn the game...and in Ryan's case he came to a team that truly stunk and things have turned around. Henne has a rocket arm and will wow you at times, but he also confounds you with horrible throws and a lack of touch on anything other than his trademark fastball. He might yet develop into a decent starter, but he is not the franchise QB we have been craving for many years. It doesn't sound as if the next draft looks to be too hot at QB though...so hopefully Pennington has more in the tank...or maybe Thigpen can carry the team while we wait? I see this next draft as being a good one for running back, but the guy I want will come out before our pick (well...assuming we win 7 games, at least).

Oh...and please, fire Henning.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:40 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Makchell wrote:

AAhh well, all u guys were the ones calling him the next Dam Marino and our future QB !!!! NOT !!!!!

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]