View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 What does Al Harris bring to Miami Dolphins? 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post What does Al Harris bring to Miami Dolphins?
Quote:
by: Omar Kelly November 12th, 2010 | 7:53 AM

Considering this team was embarking on a youth movement, signing Harris, who was cut by Green Bay earlier this week, doesn’t make sense UNLESS you knew the inner workings of the Dolphins’ secondary room.
With Will Allen gone (he no longer rehabs or trains at the facility) Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Nolan Carroll and Nate Ness needed someone with more film study experience than Benny Sapp in their room.
“He’s a quality, quality individual never mind the kind of player he’s been in this league over the years. But I think that the one thing that is important, particularly for our young corners right now, is the ability to see how it’s done a little bit and get a chance to learn,” coach Tony Sparano said. “And right now back there particularly at the corner position I don’t have that. And Al (Harris) completely understands right now coming in here what his role is on this football team and he understands that there are no secrets with our young players and that I would expect that he helps that process as well as helping our football team out there on the field. So this guy can help us in a lot of ways (with) what he does on the field and what he does certainly in the classroom and off the field.”
Being able to breakdown an opponent, learning the little secrets of his game, and the opposition’s offense, is the best way to help these young cornerback elevate their game.
That’s why Harris, whose massive frame (legit 6-foot-1) was a pleasant surprise, is a Dolphin. The coaches needed the young cornerbacks to take their game to the next level in the second half of the season and a grizzled veteran, one who successfully played the bump-and-run style the Dolphins are trying to get to, should provide an assist.
“[I want to] help the young guys out a little bit but pretty much I’m here to play, contribute and to help win games,” said Harris, who has 21 interceptions during his 13 year career. “However they need me, if it’s an extra coach on the field or whatever it is they need me to do, that’s what I came to do.”
That’s why the Dolphins replaced Jason Allen, who wanted a fresh start somewhere else after being demoted and has been claimed by Houston, with Harris, a South Florida native.
Considering this an eight game tryout.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29

Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:56 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: What does Al Harris bring to Miami Dolphins?
Should have kept Allen and dumped Sapp or someone like Roberto Wallace.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:01 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Jason Allen was God -Awful! Yeah he had some INT's but they were all thrown right to him, nothing spectacular. But he could not defend anyone. Constantly gave up deep balls and gave up easy conversions to recievers on key plays. I like getting Al Harris, a veteran that can help develop young players like Vontae and Sean Smith.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:04 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

DaFinz11 wrote:
Jason Allen was God -Awful! Yeah he had some INT's but they were all thrown right to him, nothing spectacular. But he could not defend anyone. Constantly gave up deep balls and gave up easy conversions to recievers on key plays. I like getting Al Harris, a veteran that can help develop young players like Vontae and Sean Smith.

at least he can catch the balls that are thrown right at him. ehh, not a big deal he was let go imo. we have bigger problems than jason allen on this team.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

JA...good ST player. Good press cover corner. lousy in zone. Horrible covering slot.

Sapp - good slot guy, horrible in zone.

Al Harris???? Don't know.

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:33 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

so will harris play the slot or the boundary ???

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:18 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Cane
Ben Gay
Bobble head Farve Doll
Lot's of Hair Care Products.

:)

Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]