View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Henne wasn't allowed to call audibles???? 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Henne wasn't allowed to call audibles????
Apparently there is a Ricky Williams interview out there where he says that Chad Henne was never allowed to call audibles at the line of scrimmage.
Omar Kelly also reported that Sparano was making this quarterback switch to find out whether Henning or Henne was the problem with the offense.

I've been saying this all along, Henning is the problem with this offense. I've always wondered why Henne has looked at times like he can't read defenses and call audibles. Now I know why. This is crazy! It's like they set Henne up to fail!!!
:boo:

Here is the article. I'll post the full Ricky Interview if I can find it.
http://phinphanatic.com/2010/11/10/brea ... e-benched/

Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:33 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Henne wasn't allowed to call audibles????
Quote:
The Miami Dolphins are 4-4 at the midway point of the season. They have a relatively effective albeit young defense and an offense that can't score touchdowns. Ricky Williams, their veteran running back and soon to be free agent, said early in the week that QB Chad Henne has not been given the ability to audible at the line of scrimmage. Today, head coach Tony Sparano announced that Chad Pennington would be the new starter for the Tennessee Titan game that will take place this Sunday. Are the Miami Dolphins packing it in?

http://blogblitz.nfl.com/miami-dolphins ... _blame_for

Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:42 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I believe this is the WQAM interview if you want to listen to the entire thing. Bad news. Henne was set up to fail if you ask me.
http://www.wqam.com/index.php?page=740

Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:56 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

#(@*&$%*(#^&$#*^@#&*@!&#*@!^%#&@#&@!!!! *&#@!$(#&@!!!!

my 2c.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:58 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Ski_Money wrote:
#(@*&$%*(#^&$#*^@#&*@!&#*@!^%#&@#&@!!!! *&#@!$(#&@!!!!

my 2c.

Ski_Money's point of view is spot on!

:angry:

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:15 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

So Coach Henning either you are a liar or the players are lying. Either Henne was able to audible or not. My money is on what the players are saying. If Coach had gonads he would send Henning on his way. There must be an assistant who can fill in for the rest of the season. For that matter let Henne call his own plays.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:46 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Should have hired Weiss when we had the chance. I hate Henning's guts now!

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:56 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=2217010210

Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:00 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

They asked Henne and Henning this about 3 games back .... after the Jets game. Henning stated "we get paid a lot of money to make the calls". Henne said was something along the lines of you'll have to ask the coach about that. Bottom line, stupid is as stupid does.

One play that has aggravated me all season was seeing a DB 7yds off BMarsh and Henne not throwing the quick out.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dan Henning must go! Sparano switched the quarterback this week in order to figure out if Dan Henning or Chad Henne is the problem with the offense according to Omar Kelly. I hope Sparano finds out that Henning is a moron and he gets fired. I hope Henne is returned as our starter against Chicago and we find another offensive coordinator! Hearing this kind of stuff makes you crazy mad! This guy is supposed to be our future for peet sake!!! How do you expect him to progress if his hands are tied???
:hithead:

Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:13 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

not sure if that was even necessary. unless sprano had his eyes closed behind those sunglasses of his while the offense took the field, he'd come to the same darn conclusion that we all have. we had a lot of fun last year calling pat white 'mr. drive killer', but i guess he got too much credit for that title considering that he too was being setup to fail by henning. what stomps me is that henning has no middle ground. sometimes he's brilliant, and then he make completely bone-headed calls. i don't get it.

but hey, i've got an idea, why not keep him around for the rest of the season, then try to jettison him to the bills in the off-season for a low draft pick ;-) we can pitch him to the jills like this "hey, you need some stability and conservative offense that doesn't screw the pooch all that much. i present to you....-[start the drum-roll]-.... "THE HENNING!" ----[queue the trumpets in the background and present the henning with a big ribbon wrapped around his head]

Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:39 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I have been saying this all along. The idiot coaches never even gave Henne a CHANCE. They all need fired. I guarantee Ryan and Flacco were calling audibles in their first years. Unacceptable.

Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:59 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

It's not Henne...It's everyone else :hithead:

Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I hope they fire Henning and promote David Lee our qb coach as the interim coordinator, maybe even make it permanent. Lee was the one who brought the wildcat to Miami and he's been an offensive coordinator at three colleges. Anyone remember that explosive Arkansas team with Darren McFadden and Felix Jones? I think Lee would do just fine taking over for Henning. We're looking for a something to spark our offense. We're looking for some creativity on offense. Lee was named "Innovator of the Year" in 2008. That creativity helped us to win the AFC East that year despite coming off a 1-15 season the year before. Lee has been up close and personal with Henne and Pennington for the past three years. If anyone can create an offense that plays to their strengths it's Lee. I'm going to start a post for who wants Lee to replace Dan Henning!

Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphinjim wrote:
I have been saying this all along. The idiot coaches never even gave Henne a CHANCE. They all need fired. I guarantee Ryan and Flacco were calling audibles in their first years. Unacceptable.

Ryan for sure has the green light to. Then again, better pedigree of a QB.

As for Flacco, over on the Ravens Insider I find the discussions to be very interesting ......

Quote:
Cam needs to step back and encourage Flacco to think for himself more. Flacco seemed almost demoralized from the fourth quarter on. Like he knows what he's running is stupid, but he's powerless to change it. Maybe Flacco just got in the habit of listening to Cam because Cam isn't taking input from his players. But yes, ideally he would check out of the QB sneak.

Quote:
It's about time Cam takes away the pacifier from Flacco and lets him audible for once.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ ... anges.html

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:08 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

What is the bench mark used for allowing a QB to be a General on the field, rather than some old guy's <censored>?

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]