View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Namath: Fins must be questioning Henne 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Namath: Fins must be questioning Henne
Quote:
By Tim GrahamHall of Fame quarterback Joe Namath is a huge fan Miami Dolphins coach Tony Sparano's decision to bench Chad Henne and reinstall Chad Pennington as the starting quarterback.

Namath talked about the switch on his Sirius NFL Radio show "The Broadway Blitz with Joe Namath" and contended the Dolphins locker room had reservations about Henne's ability.

"I love the move," Namath said. "Not just love it because I've got so much respect for Chad Pennington. Hey, man, he's owned up every time he's given a chance. The only problems he's had is Lady Luck biting his right shoulder now and then, his injuries.

"At this point the team, to me, has to be questioning Henne. You know, when they look at the replays of the games and the snaps and the things that aren't done that you’d think your quarterback might be able to get done more consistently, that might be catching more eyes with the players than in the past."

Namath asserted the timing was appropriate to make a change in hopes of jolting the Dolphins' stagnant offense.

"Now is the time to change, because they can go back to Henne some other time," Namath said. "I believe Pennington, dealing with any NFL defense, is as good as it gets when it comes to the mind analyzing, knowing what to do, where to go. So he's giving that offense a better chance.

"That season is not lost for the Dolphins just because they are changing quarterbacks at this point. That defense is still good and they are still in the hunt."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... ning-henne

Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]