View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:39 am



Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Time to Deliver Parcells! 
Author Message
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3535
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: Time to Deliver Parcells!
How many starters have we drafted in the last few years?


Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:44 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Time to Deliver Parcells!
Ski_Money wrote:
How many starters have we drafted in the last few years?


Since this regime got here....

5 on D, excluding Odrick.

5 on offense.

You also have plenty of depth guys all over.


Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:21 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Time to Deliver Parcells!
Phins Rock wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
How many starters have we drafted in the last few years?


Since this regime got here....

5 on D, excluding Odrick.

5 on offense.

You also have plenty of depth guys all over.


OT- Jake Long
QB- Chad Henne
WR- Brian Hartline

Where's the other two? And Henne was benched.

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:42 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Time to Deliver Parcells!
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
How many starters have we drafted in the last few years?


Since this regime got here....

5 on D, excluding Odrick.

5 on offense.

You also have plenty of depth guys all over.


OT- Jake Long
QB- Chad Henne
WR- Brian Hartline

Where's the other two? And Henne was benched.


John Jerry and Davone Bess.


Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Time to Deliver Parcells!
Phins Rock wrote:

John Jerry and Davone Bess.


Jerry has started, what, 5 games? And Bess wasn't drafted, nor is he a starter.

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:15 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Time to Deliver Parcells!
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

John Jerry and Davone Bess.


Jerry has started, what, 5 games? And Bess wasn't drafted, nor is he a starter.


Undrafted FA....same thing. He's the slot guy and gets almost as many snaps as Hartline. I'll count that as a "starter".

And Jerry IS the starter. Was in Week 1, missed time due to injury/illness, and is the starter again.


Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:54 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Time to Deliver Parcells!
Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

John Jerry and Davone Bess.


Jerry has started, what, 5 games? And Bess wasn't drafted, nor is he a starter.


Undrafted FA....same thing. He's the slot guy and gets almost as many snaps as Hartline. I'll count that as a "starter".

And Jerry IS the starter. Was in Week 1, missed time due to injury/illness, and is the starter again.


Undrafted is not the same as drafted, nor does he start.

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:44 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2545
Post Re: Time to Deliver Parcells!
I don't think this team has drafted all that well with Parcells and company running the show. We haven't brought in an explosive players on offense at all....just lots of beef on a line that is regressing....I consider Hartline a notable exception...but still not the game breaker we have been needing. We used free agency to bring in Marshall and obviously he doesn't seem to fit in with our system. One TD was not the production we were shooting for (I hope). Now Marshall is getting frustrated and it is hurting the team. Bess is a fine slot receiver, but not some explosive point scoring machine. I think he does lead our receiving corps in TD's though....and that is pathetic when you consider we have Marshall on the team. The defensive selections have been better....but it makes sense considering how many high picks we have devoted to it. Not too mention all the free agent attention that has been diverted to defense. I would consider Cameron Wake to be the best personnel move made by this regime, but he wasn't a draft pick either. I guess he makes up for Pat White.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:04 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Time to Deliver Parcells!
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I don't think this team has drafted all that well with Parcells and company running the show. We haven't brought in an explosive players on offense at all....just lots of beef on a line that is regressing....I consider Hartline a notable exception...but still not the game breaker we have been needing. We used free agency to bring in Marshall and obviously he doesn't seem to fit in with our system. One TD was not the production we were shooting for (I hope). Now Marshall is getting frustrated and it is hurting the team. Bess is a fine slot receiver, but not some explosive point scoring machine. I think he does lead our receiving corps in TD's though....and that is pathetic when you consider we have Marshall on the team. The defensive selections have been better....but it makes sense considering how many high picks we have devoted to it. Not too mention all the free agent attention that has been diverted to defense. I would consider Cameron Wake to be the best personnel move made by this regime, but he wasn't a draft pick either. I guess he makes up for Pat White.


Show me a team that has drafted better than us since 2008.

And we're building from the inside out. The playmakers will come, but you have to have the foundation first, which we've done a great job of building thus far.


Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:51 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Time to Deliver Parcells!
Phins Rock wrote:
[
Show me a team that has drafted better than us since 2008.
.


According to you, the Ravens have been the best. PERIOD.

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:53 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Time to Deliver Parcells!
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
[
Show me a team that has drafted better than us since 2008.
.


According to you, the Ravens have been the best. PERIOD.


I asked him.

And I was talking about this entire decade, not so much the last 3 years (although they still have).


Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:55 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.