View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Time to Deliver Parcells! 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Time to Deliver Parcells!
I've got an idea for turning this team around, let me know what you guys think. Here is my three step solution to turning this thing around:

1. I think we need to tell Parcells to come out of hiding and finish the job he started. His boys are failing and now it's time he came in and showed them how it's done. Parcells is the only person in Miami that has everyone's full attention and respect. Parcells should step in as head coach and finish up the season. Sparano can be his assistant coach in the mean time.
2. David Lee should be bumped up to offensive coordinator with Dan Henning as his assistant for the rest of the season. After the season Henning should retire and Lee can take full reign of the offense.
3. We start immediately scouting special teams coaches for next season.

I think if we do these things then we will turn this thing around in my opinion. I think the overall message our coaches are preaching is right, I just think we've got the wrong guys preaching it. I know we're banged up but that is no excuse for what has transpired this season. We have too much talent to finish 8-8 or worse. The owner has forked out a lot of money to see us turn this franchise around, it's time Parcells and Co. delivered!

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Time to Deliver Parcells!
That's a ridiculous idea.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:48 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Iowafin wrote:

x2

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:51 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

wkloiber13 wrote:
1. I think we need to tell Parcells to come out of hiding and finish the job he started.

I just texted him.

He said no.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:13 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

MTFan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

x2

x3

Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:49 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
MTFan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

x2

x3

x4

Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:46 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

wkloiber13 wrote:
1. I think we need to tell Parcells to come out of hiding and finish the job he started. His boys are failing and now it's time he came in and showed them how it's done.

He wont. Right now he is clear, everyone regards him as a genius.
They think he built that NE team, but he didnt. Belicheat & Kraft did.
Mangini took the blame for the Jets
Phillips took the fall for Dallas
Now Sparano & Ireland will take the fall for Miami...

No thanks. Please give us someone more relevant and that actually has accomplished something....

All this hype about Parcells..... Please.... He is no Shula, and has done squat since Belicheat left his arse...

All this hype about "Parcells Guy" Im over it already... He came here and did exactly what he always does. Gave a team & fanbase hope and then slipped out the back door...
Wish now he would have went to Atlanta...

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:41 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

10acjed wrote:

All this hype about Parcells..... Please.... He is no Shula, and has done squat since Belicheat left his arse...

All this hype about "Parcells Guy" Im over it already... He came here and did exactly what he always does. Gave a team & fanbase hope and then slipped out the back door...
Wish now he would have went to Atlanta...
Which is why I wondered why Miami fans got so excited about his arrival. His departure was already in the works on day 1.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:20 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Actually he did build that NE team. About 10-15 starters from their 2001 SB were Parcells guys.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:25 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Parcells is long gone. Speculation is that he'll be a Viking before season's end.

As for Dan Henning/David Lee. Would Henning really go for that? I agree that Lee should be the OC next season, (heck, put him in there now), but I don't want Henning in there at any capacity.

I think Rizzi has done a decent job as ST's coach. They are still a work in progress, but they have been much better recently.

My 3 step solution:

1. Fire Dan Henning.
2. Acquire explosive players offensively via the draft.
3. Get Logan Mankins in FA. Believe me, however much money he wants, he's worth it.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think we draft trench workers again this year. I don't see the need for high round WRs, DBs, LBs etc. Trenchers I see a big need for. Like guards and center.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Might sneak a RB in there.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:44 pm

I'm tired of spending mid round picks and small FA deals on G's. Go out in FA and get a legit, proven starter.

I think the draft should be devoted to speed on offense.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:41 pm

Look , this is what parcells has become & we all knew it & wrote about it when he was hired. We could not care how long he stuck around as long as he fixed this thing. He took total credit for the turnaround in his first year , enjoyed the honeymoon period in his second year & got out of dodge in his 3rd year when he was smart enough to see the writing on the wall here. Perfect for him as he will get full credit for the best record turnaround in history (nobody will remember the schedule) & he gets no blame as the franchise continues to regress. He will end up winning two super bowls with 2 Giant teams who were blue collar , went out to play with something to prove & whose players back in those days were men , not whiny kids worrying about their contract status , how many touches they get , how they celebrate a sack or a touchdown , or just how they look on the field in general. He screwed the Falcons when he came here & it seems like Karma is biting us.

We supposedly hired a superman as a defensive coordinator this off season & while the defense is still our stronger side of the ball it remains somewhat status quo. My point is if you think by firing our offensive coordinator will make all the difference & put us over the top you are sadly mistaken.
I supported Sparano because he coached the offensive side of the ball & while I beleived & bought in this year I now see a offense with no direction & identity. Injuries aside , we have 2 healthy running backs but cannot run & we have a very adequate receiving core with Marshall , Bess , Hartline as well as Fasano but caanot seem to generate much with them as well.

I thought & still think Henne can be the guy but the staff might just have shattered his confidence with this team by benching him for a QB qith a glass arm.
I really question the game plan for the Bears game. We did not even come close to sniffing the end zone. One good thing to come from all of this , is that thew way it looks this team will not have to worry about playing any primetime games next season. The lack of winning at home is just crazy as well.

Point is I dont know if there is an easy fix. We have had some draft picks where we should have gotten more value but seemed to waste them. To get cute with Pat White at that point in the draft was a total waste. Long is a beast & while there is something to be said for having a offensive lineman that will dominate for 10 years , as I look at the QBs from that draft excel I still wonder what could have been. I am wondering if the Marshall thing was a good thing. We might be in for a real soap opera with this guy.
I guess like everyone I am frustrated. While I still dont buy into the Jets as a elite team I see them better than us & all those threads going into the season about why Henne is better than Sanchez seems irrelevant now. I see the Patriots getting younger without sacrificing wins & division titles & despite their record I am starting to see some improvement in the Bills.
We have really got to be careful here. I hope we have the right guys because I dont want to go thru anymore dark years with this team. We all have been teased by them for to many years now. I caution anyone to be so jaded this offseason again.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I am done with Sparano and his fist pumping for field goals. Kind of sums up the whole team attitude there....it's okay, let's settle for second best...right on :)

Whoever is making the personnel decisions for this team needs to be fired. Whoever is responsible for the conditioning of this team should be fired as well. The team is always hurt, happy with mediocrity and dominates no one. Add to that the fact that more than a couple of injuries have been from no contact at all....for the love of all that is decent.....arrgghghghghhh!

I agree with an earlier post that the next draft should focus on speed for the offense, but not speed without the other necessary skills (Ginn). First and foremost, I think we need a new running back. He has to be the kind of guy who can make the most out of average blocking....because that is all he will get for awhile here. A beast at tight end, who can catch and run people over as well, that would be nice and help whoever the QB is a lot. Free agency devoted to bringing in quality veterans to man the offensive line till others are ready. We already have plenty of youth there. If there was a franchise QB in the draft, then that might be a good direction to take as well....but even though Luck from Stanford is highly touted, I have heard a number of folks who don't think he will be as successful in the NFL.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:47 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin wrote:

Please articulate. Parcells is a two time Super Bowl coach that has always had the respect of his players. Sparano is a newby head coach who has taken the Dolphins to the wildcard round and lost miserably. Explain to me how Parcells would not be an improvement over Sparano, and explain to me how David Lee would not be an improvement over Dan Henning, I'm all ears. Just calling something ridiculous without an explanation is a little short-spoken if you ask me.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:52 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Ski_Money wrote:
I think we draft trench workers again this year. I don't see the need for high round WRs, DBs, LBs etc. Trenchers I see a big need for. Like guards and center.

The time may be coming where Vernon Carey shifts inside to guard.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:54 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I agree on Carey. He can't seem to handle the better pass rushers these days...or even the average ones.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ski_Money wrote:
Might sneak a RB in there.

I agree that we need a runningback and center. Grove's departure left us with a big drop off in the run game. Berger has done a good job in pass protection, but his run blocking leaves much to be desired. There just isn't that same push up front with him in there. As far as a runningback, I would make the arguement that we're likely not going to resign Ronnie Brown after this season and runningback might just be our top priority if that happens. We could resign Ricky Williams for one more year and let the two split carries. Someone like Mark Ingram from Alabama would make a nice addition to our team if all of that happens.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:05 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Got to get some speed at running back. Trade Ronnie for a pick and move on. Ricky is more effective these days anyway.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:11 pm

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I am done with Sparano and his fist pumping for field goals. Kind of sums up the whole team attitude there....it's okay, let's settle for second best...right on :)

If you'll notice, he yells at his offense coming off the field when they have to settle for 3.

And what is he supposed to do when Caprenter makes a FG? Yell at him for the offense not scoring 7?
:hithead:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Whoever is making the personnel decisions for this team needs to be fired.

Yes, whoever is responsible for turning an old, 1 win team into one of the best young teams in the NFL needs to be fired immediately.

Whoever brought in Jake Long, Brandon Marshall, Davone Bess, Brian Hartline, Anthony Fasano, Lousaka Polite, John Jerry, Randy Starks, Kendall Langford, Karlos Dansby, Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Chris Clemons, Koa Misi, Cameron Wake, Dan Carpenter in 3 off seasons needs to go right now. How unacceptable.
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Whoever is responsible for the conditioning of this team should be fired as well. The team is always hurt, happy with mediocrity and dominates no one. Add to that the fact that more than a couple of injuries have been from no contact at all....for the love of all that is decent.....arrgghghghghhh!

Yeah, because the Defense being in there for 40 minutes on a short week gives up 16 points is unacceptable. They need to be in better shape.

And how the hell do you know they are happy with mediocrity? They went out and traded for Brandon Marshall, spent 43 million dollars on Karlos Dansby because they want to be mediocre...Yeah, that's it.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The team will probably finish 7-9 or worse again :hithead: :hithead: :hithead: :hithead: :hithead:

It couldn't have anything to do with the coaching, staff or players.....must be the global warming or something.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:20 pm

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
The team will probably finish 7-9 or worse again :hithead: :hithead: :hithead: :hithead: :hithead:

It couldn't have anything to do with the coaching, staff or players.....must be the global warming or something.

We'll end up with just 2 more wins from here on out?? We'll win our next 2...

We're a young team. So we're not elite yet. Be patient....geez....

We have by far the best looking team for the future in a LONG time.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This team will not beat the Raiders, Jets or Patriots on the road. I think we will be very lucky if we beat the Browns at this juncture and we don't match up well against the Lions. I will give us a win over the Bills and one win against the Browns or the Lions. If it comes out better than that, well great....but with our injury situation and general ineptitude on offense I don't think it will be better.

Man....this team has been struggling for quite awhile now and it stinks. 2008 was a mirage. I wish they could just catch a break. Injuries, bad personnel moves, lousy referee calls....and now the offense is simply awful, and the special teams was downright shameful for the first half of the year.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:31 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Got to get some speed at running back. Trade Ronnie for a pick and move on. Ricky is more effective these days anyway.

We get a compensatory draft pick for Ronnie Brown if we lose him to free agency. He was a high first round pick so we should get a third round pick for him if he goes. Ricky Williams is another guy that will probably yeild a third or fourth round compensatory pick if he leaves in free agency.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:53 pm

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
This team will not beat the Raiders, Jets or Patriots on the road. I think we will be very lucky if we beat the Browns at this juncture and we don't match up well against the Lions. I will give us a win over the Bills and one win against the Browns or the Lions. If it comes out better than that, well great....but with our injury situation and general ineptitude on offense I don't think it will be better.

Man....this team has been struggling for quite awhile now and it stinks. 2008 was a mirage. I wish they could just catch a break. Injuries, bad personnel moves, lousy referee calls....and now the offense is simply awful, and the special teams was downright shameful for the first half of the year.

We don't match-up well against the Lions? Detroit has 2 wins...

You know as much as I, or anyone about how things will turn out. But I would be shocked if we only finished with 7 wins. Shocked. But we'll see.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:05 pm

Quote:
Yes, whoever is responsible for turning an old, 1 win team into one of the best young teams in the NFL needs to be fired immediately.

Whoever brought in Jake Long, Brandon Marshall, Davone Bess, Brian Hartline, Anthony Fasano, Lousaka Polite, John Jerry, Randy Starks, Kendall Langford, Karlos Dansby, Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Chris Clemons, Koa Misi, Cameron Wake, Dan Carpenter in 3 off seasons needs to go right now. How unacceptable.

PR - I agree with the points you make but also forgive me for not being so jaded to these 2 points.
I am not so sure we are one of the best young teams ... yes we are young but I fear pretty soon a team like the Patriots will be just as young & a whole lot better. We are average.

On this other point .. I agree the talent is there with the players you mention. But its frustrating when it does not translate to wins , perhaps as a Dolphin fan I need to have patience ... OK patience 25 years & counting now.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:10 pm

FINesse wrote:
Quote:

PR - I agree with the points you make but also forgive me for not being so jaded to these 2 points.
I am not so sure we are one of the best young teams ... yes we are young but I fear pretty soon a team like the Patriots will be just as young & a whole lot better. We are average.

On this other point .. I agree the talent is there with the players you mention. But its frustrating when it does not translate to wins , perhaps as a Dolphin fan I need to have patience ... OK patience 25 years & counting now.

I am just frustrated that some people are calling for the approach that got us to 1-15.....Trying to win playoff games now, and rebuild at the same time....Sorry, aint happening.

The only way that can happen is if you have an elite QB, (like the Pats). Right now Miami does not have that. They are building the right way, and again, if you had told me this would be our team 3 years from 2007, I would have taken it in a heartbeat.

Miami is doing things the right way. They have missed on a few FA's, yes. So does every team in the league. We have also gotten some real good, young contributors via FA. And as for the draft, it has been very good.

We need to give these guys a chance to finish the job. We call out Parcells for quiting before the job is finished, but then we want to fire Ireland and Sparano before they have a chance to? That's not hypocritical or anything....

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:18 pm

I agree , getting rid of the staff puts us back to 2007.

We also need to learn that every off season move & signing does not mean success. I think every June we have crowned ourselves champs.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:35 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

FINesse wrote:
I agree , getting rid of the staff puts us back to 2007.

We also need to learn that every off season move & signing does not mean success. I think every June we have crowned ourselves champs.

As does most teams fanbase in our situation...

Dont know if I would be so involved and excited about the team otherwise... The guys that get our season ticket pack probably would put that hard earned money towards something more pleasurable then sitting at home games getting ribbed by other teams fans cause we dont win at home.

As stated above that would mean we all settle for mediocrity..

Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:42 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Ski_Money wrote:
Actually he did build that NE team. About 10-15 starters from their 2001 SB were Parcells guys.

Parcells built the culture of winning and drafted most of that team and the Patriot team he took to the Super Bowl....

Also the entire coaching staff were Parcells coaches........Crennell, Weiss Bellicheat

Speaking of which,Bellicheat has won nothing since (a) He got caught cheating
(b) Crennell and Weiss left town....

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:35 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
We supposedly hired a superman as a defensive coordinator this off season & while the defense is still our stronger side of the ball it remains somewhat status quo.

That was the worst Dolphin def. in team history last year...Colts game!!!!

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:45 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

If you'll notice, he yells at his offense coming off the field when they have to settle for 3.

And what is he supposed to do when Caprenter makes a FG? Yell at him for the offense not scoring 7?
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Whoever is making the personnel decisions for this team needs to be fired.

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Whoever is responsible for the conditioning of this team should be fired as well. The team is always hurt, happy with mediocrity and dominates no one. Add to that the fact that more than a couple of injuries have been from no contact at all....for the love of all that is decent.....arrgghghghghhh!

Yeah, because the Defense being in there for 40 minutes on a short week gives up 16 points is unacceptable. They need to be in better shape.

And how the hell do you know they are happy with mediocrity? They went out and traded for Brandon Marshall, spent 43 million dollars on Karlos Dansby because they want to be mediocre...Yeah, that's it.

Exellent post......I'll add Tony McDaniel(He is having an awsome year) and Ricky Williams who they have resigned and kept him out of trouble...Something no one else has done

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:55 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Just want to point out to all the we need to fire everyone & start over. Mike Holgrem took over as coach of the Packers. He went 9-7 three years in a row.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:02 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

kev1321 wrote:
Quote:
We supposedly hired a superman as a defensive coordinator this off season & while the defense is still our stronger side of the ball it remains somewhat status quo.

That was the worst Dolphin def. in team history last year...Colts game!!!!

I agree, Mike Nolan has done a good job with young group of guys and he's turned them into a top 10 defense. I believe we were ranked number 8 before the Bears game. Imagine how good we would be if we had Will Allen, Phillip Merling, A.J. Edds, and Jared Odrick back? We could possibly be a top 5 defense if we were 100% healthy. I know injuries are part of the game, but you can't deny we've got a lot of talent and potential on defense. We've got more than a couple of guys that could possibly be great players for us for a long time. I think Nolan has our defense headed in the right direction, he's the only coach that I can confidently say that about right now.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Just don't make him HC... He's a DC for life.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:42 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

PFT's power rankings (and thoughts) this week ...

Pro Football Talk wrote:
16. Miami Dolphins (No. 12; 5-5): Before anyone offers Bill Parcells $5 million a year to fix their franchise, we hope they took a long look at the current state of the Dolphins.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -rankings/

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:28 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Big Dave wrote:
PFT's power rankings (and thoughts) this week ...

Pro Football Talk wrote:
16. Miami Dolphins (No. 12; 5-5): Before anyone offers Bill Parcells $5 million a year to fix their franchise, we hope they took a long look at the current state of the Dolphins.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -rankings/

Or Dallas Cowboys for that matter...

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ski_Money wrote:
Just don't make him HC... He's a DC for life.

If Sparano can't fix things quick I would not be opposed to naming Nolan interim head coach until we find someone else next year. The switch in Dallas really has turned things around. Sometimes the head coach just loses the players, that might be the case in Miami.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm

Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next