View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Brandon Marshall admits to “boneheaded move” 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Brandon Marshall admits to “boneheaded move”
Quote:
As for Thursday night’s loss to the Bears, which featured Marshall getting flagged for taunting, the Dolphins’ alpha receiver said the entire game “left a nasty taste” in his mouth.
“I let a lot of people down,” Marshall said. “We all took our turns in stalling our team, myself included. [I] dropped two balls and got a dumb penalty fooling around with Jay Cutler. That’s not acceptable, especially in a game like that. We were all disappointed.”
Marshall said Cutler, whom he played with in Denver, is like a brother to him. He painted a behind the screen picture of the two joking around before the game during a 30-minute chat.
“I asked him how many times are you going to get sacked today, and he said, ‘as many times as you catch a ball, two or three,’ ” Marshall said.
Marshall insinuated he tossed the ball to Cutler while standing on the Bears sideline to continue their competitive back-and-forth ribbing. But he realized it was a mistake once he did it.
“After the game we talked and there’s nothing bad there,” Marshall said. “That was a boneheaded move by me. It cost our team some yardage and I wish I can have that play back.”
When Michael Irvin asked Marshall where the Dolphins go from this point, and stated the Dolphins don’t have the quarterback of the future, Marshall corrected him and insisted ”Henne is more than capable of being the starter and an All-Pro quarterback in the league.”

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... -move.html

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:56 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Brandon Marshall admits to “boneheaded move”
At least he manned up. Now don't let it happen again.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:57 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I really think everyone is just so wrapped up in anticipation of him causing probs that freak on anything he does! He is just as stressed as everyone else plus the pressure to perform I get it! but still no excuess for the penalty's

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:13 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Marshall has said all the right things. He's done all the right things off the field. But man is he a baby on the field.....

Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:25 pm

damage control

Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:35 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joke or no joke, he should have known it would draw a flag. I am happy to hear that it was all in play, rather than born out of frustration.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:38 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

The more I think about it, why was a flag thrown unless the officials saw something that angered the Chicago bench. Marshall threw the ball to Cutler, and if memory serves, Cutler was laughing about it. Why then was a flag thrown. I see guys from different teams smack each other on the head during games right after plays and its done in fun. Unless the guy getting smacked is pissed off, then a flag is thrown. Could the penalty been a bit premature on the officials part?
Just curious.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:57 am

Phin wrote:
Joke or no joke, he should have known it would draw a flag. I am happy to hear that it was all in play, rather than born out of frustration.

My thoughts exactly. When it happened I was yelling at the officials for not doing their homework, because BM and Cutler are cool.

Either way though, you're right, he should have known it would draw a flag.

That's such a BS, ticky tack call though....

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:34 am

Just read this on some site while surfing around. Do not know if it is true or not but maybe someone can confirm it.

Quote:
If the Dolphins decide before April 2, 2011 that Marshall isn’t who they thought he was, they can walk away, possibly without paying Marshall another penny. Prior to April 2, 2011, he has only $3 million in future guaranteed money that already has been unlocked. But the contract contains offset language; if they cut him and someone else pays him $3 million in 2011, the Dolphins are off the hook for the balance of the contract.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:04 pm

FINesse wrote:
Just read this on some site while surfing around. Do not know if it is true or not but maybe someone can confirm it.

Quote:
If the Dolphins decide before April 2, 2011 that Marshall isn’t who they thought he was, they can walk away, possibly without paying Marshall another penny. Prior to April 2, 2011, he has only $3 million in future guaranteed money that already has been unlocked. But the contract contains offset language; if they cut him and someone else pays him $3 million in 2011, the Dolphins are off the hook for the balance of the contract.

Yup. I remember reading that at the time. That was the catch to the 50 million.

The whole thing was incentive based.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:07 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Quote:

Yup. I remember reading that at the time. That was the catch to the 50 million.

The whole thing was incentive based.

Yea but we still lose the 2 - 2nd round draft picks. Besides, are we honestly going to cut the guy? I mean, sure he has done some stuff to rub us the wrong way, but he is far from doing anything that borders on TO or Randy Moss type behavior. We knew when he came there that he was a bit of a Diva receiver, sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. Another thing to consider is the fact that our offense struggled very badly this year. You put him in an offense that is clicking, he suddenly is making big plays and giving your team a chance to win every week. I think winning will cure a lot of these little annoyances that we have with him now.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:43 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

hab321 wrote:
The more I think about it, why was a flag thrown unless the officials saw something that angered the Chicago bench. Marshall threw the ball to Cutler, and if memory serves, Cutler was laughing about it. Why then was a flag thrown. I see guys from different teams smack each other on the head during games right after plays and its done in fun. Unless the guy getting smacked is pissed off, then a flag is thrown. Could the penalty been a bit premature on the officials part?
Just curious.

Any time you throw something at someone, it is going to cost you a penalty. Had he just been talking smack, that wouldn't have drawn the penalty, but throwing a football at Cutler's face, that crossed the line, even if it was in jest.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:45 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I'm on board with it being a boneheaded move, just thought I'd bring up a possible different side of the issue.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:29 pm

I realize as well that we are not gonna cut him but when I saw this statement I thought it was pretty intersting. If the scenario did play out would we get a pick back from whoever would sign him or because he was cut we would just take the loss with no compensation??

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:39 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FINesse wrote:
I realize as well that we are not gonna cut him but when I saw this statement I thought it was pretty intersting. If the scenario did play out would we get a pick back from whoever would sign him or because he was cut we would just take the loss with no compensation??

No, there would be no compensation of picks, not even a compensatory one. The only way we would get a pick back is if we lost him through free agency.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:09 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Phins Rock wrote:
Marshall has said all the right things. He's done all the right things off the field. But man is he a baby on the field.....

Agreed! :yay:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:49 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Im fine with him as long as his mom doesn't dabble into prostitution, because according to our Gm that can hurt his on-field production.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]